Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders stepping down

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The latest victim, one day after taking a knee with protesters. We need constant changes of leadership, we have problems in Ontario and within the RCMP and I am a firm believer that CSIS (our CIA), which has a domestic role, needs to infiltrate, expose and clean up these agencies. That is the extent of the rackets being run in Canada.

Canada has been dismal in terms of our competitiveness, Access to Justice and civil liberties. I'm not a far left guy, but I'm a firm believer in civil liberties and accountability for anyone impeding on them. Courts must be the final say, not the Gestapo.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-police-chief-mark-saunders-stepping-down-1.5603312

Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders announced his resignation Monday afternoon.

Saunders said he would be leaving the role as of July 31.

"Thank you Toronto for working with me during my tenure," Saunders said during a news conference.

"It is something I'll cherish forever."

Saunders is leaving his post eight months before his contract was set to expire in 2021. He said he is looking forward to being a full-time dad and husband, and added that his health was not a factor in his decision to leave.

"Family is the most important thing to me right now," he said.

Saunders did not specify exactly why he is leaving, but did say there are things he wants to do for the city of Toronto "for free.

"I'm a free agent now," he said. "I'm certainly going to work, because I don't think my wife will want me in the house," he said with a smile.

Saunders, who is Toronto's first Black police chief, was first appointed in April of 2015. He has worked in policing for over 35 years.

Forum List

Back