Toronto cop facing criminal charges for allegedly releasing confidential information

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
No wonder our allies don't trust us.

The creepy Toronto Police Services, Ontario Provincial Police, Durham Region Police, Peel Region Police are NOT a friend to Western democracies and civil liberties.

I give them some credit for arresting one of their own, it's very rare. I could give them a long list of other "undesirables" in their ranks (and other police agencies).

If you follow and trust our police agecies, your nation will collapse morally and economically as ours is now...

The Toronto Police Service has arrested and criminally charged one of its veteran officers.
Police allege that an officer with 20 years of service provided confidential police information about other individuals to a member of the public.

Investigators allege it happened "numerous times" between Nov. 5, 2020 and Jan. 28, 2021 by accessing the force's computer databases.

Const. Ricardo Gomez, 51, of Vaughan, was arrested and criminally charged Wednesday with four counts of breach of trust, two counts of unauthorized use of a computer and mischief.

Gomez, who was assigned to the force's 12 Division, has also been charged under the Police Services Act with two counts of discreditable conduct, three counts of breach of confidence and two counts of insubordination.
He is suspended with pay as per the Police Services Act and is scheduled to appear in court on July 6, 2022.

Last edited:
No wonder our allies don't trust us.

The creepy Toronto Police Services, Ontario Provincial Police, Durham Region Police, Peel Region Police are NOT a friend to Western democracies and civil liberties.

I give them some credit for arresting one of their own, it's very rare. I could give them a long list of other "undesirables" in their ranks (and other police agencies).

If you follow and trust our police agecies, your nation will collapse morally and economically as ours is now...

The Toronto Police Service has arrested and criminally charged one of its veteran officers.
Police allege that an officer with 20 years of service provided confidential police information about other individuals to a member of the public.

Investigators allege it happened "numerous times" between Nov. 5, 2020 and Jan. 28, 2021 by accessing the force's computer databases.

Const. Ricardo Gomez, 51, of Vaughan, was arrested and criminally charged Wednesday with four counts of breach of trust, two counts of unauthorized use of a computer and mischief.

Gomez, who was assigned to the force's 12 Division, has also been charged under the Police Services Act with two counts of discreditable conduct, three counts of breach of confidence and two counts of insubordination.
He is suspended with pay as per the Police Services Act and is scheduled to appear in court on July 6, 2022.
He was giving out info about other officers/administration? Was he being paid for the info?

He was giving out info about other officers/administration? Was he being paid for the info?

I presume he was selling information about covert activities and maybe even informants against particular criminals, gang members etc.

I'm no expert, is it possible that some NYPD or Florida informant/undercovers details are in their database in one form or another?

I presume he was selling information about covert activities and maybe even informants against particular criminals, gang members etc.

I'm no expert, is it possible that some NYPD or Florida informant/undercovers details are in their database in one form or another?
I wouldn't doubt it. Files are shared within and outside of jurisdictions. Either that guy has an axe to grind or he's greedy.

Forum List

Back