Toronto Chief Saunders kneels with protesters rallying against anti-Black racism

Police chiefs around the country are doing the same thing, trying to defuse any riots or at least stem the numbers of agitators. The George Floyd killing does deserve at least a moment of respect for him and his family, along with others who have lost their lives due to police brutality and social injustice. Yes, there are other issues, but in times like these every police chief or military commander ought to try to stop riots before they begin. That is after all the most desired outcome, right? Doesn't matter what their personal beliefs are, their job is to stop the riots and looting by any means necessary. So why not try the easiest and least deadly and destructive means to do that?

Police chiefs around the country are doing the same thing, trying to defuse any riots or at least stem the numbers of agitators. The George Floyd killing does deserve at least a moment of respect for him and his family, along with others who have lost their lives due to police brutality and social injustice. Yes, there are other issues, but in times like these every police chief or military commander ought to try to stop riots before they begin. That is after all the most desired outcome, right? Doesn't matter what their personal beliefs are, their job is to stop the riots and looting by any means necessary. So why not try the easiest and least deadly and destructive means to do that?

I agree, in theory.

The problem is and has been what happens after the dust settles. I don't know about America, but in Toronto the top item by far in the Toronto budget is the police. It's not even close. Much of this, is covert activities, often dishonest, in poor neighbourhoods. This guy is a politician. it's how he obtained this position to begin with.

What really upset people in Toronto is that during the pandemic, while grocery store clerks, nurses and truck drivers were showing up and protecting their communities, 500 police just didn't show up for work. All basically on strike due to the virus.

Police in North America have been elevated to a status they simply don't deserve. No human being does. In that whenever they go to court, the courts just believe the police. Video has not altered that forever, and it's exposed more and more. Now when a guy says, "yeah I stole that, but the police beat the shyte out of me and planted some rocks in my pocket". Will the judge just think, "this guy is trying to get off of a charge", or will they think "I have to consider his testimony as being credible"?

Maybe it's to the point where police are bound by legal consequence to tell the truth, and if they don't they face charges and lost jobs.

I am hopeful that in time the emergence of so many videos surfacing that show what the cops are doing so that more and more of the bad cops will be identified and fired or prosecuted. But that's only part of the problem, we've still got judges, DAs, police chiefs, and mayors who get elected partly due to support from the police unions who will fight like hell to protect their membership, even the bad ones or themselves get replaced. It's the same with teacher unions and unions in general. They have their positives but also their negatives to consider. Really, it comes down to the voters who keep re-electing people who won't fix the problem. Maybe that'll change in time.

What is needed I think is an independent board that reviews misconduct charges and makes recommendations to the mayor to press charges or take whatever the appropriate action should be. The problem is, our justice system has quite a few protections built in that tries to ensure the innocent are given due process and are not found guilty until proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Or something like that, point is that we don't want innocent people going to prison even if it means the guilty go free. That includes politicians, the rich and powerful, and police officers too. Why? Because the nature of their work requires a little bit of latitude considering the dangers and difficulties they face every day.

...blacks commit hate crimes at TWICE the rate of whites
blacks murder whites at TEN times the rate of vice versa
etc etc
anti-black racism is mostly myth

I am hopeful that in time the emergence of so many videos surfacing that show what the cops are doing so that more and more of the bad cops will be identified and fired or prosecuted. But that's only part of the problem, we've still got judges, DAs, police chiefs, and mayors who get elected partly due to support from the police unions who will fight like hell to protect their membership, even the bad ones or themselves get replaced. It's the same with teacher unions and unions in general. They have their positives but also their negatives to consider. Really, it comes down to the voters who keep re-electing people who won't fix the problem. Maybe that'll change in time.

What is needed I think is an independent board that reviews misconduct charges and makes recommendations to the mayor to press charges or take whatever the appropriate action should be. The problem is, our justice system has quite a few protections built in that tries to ensure the innocent are given due process and are not found guilty until proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Or something like that, point is that we don't want innocent people going to prison even if it means the guilty go free. That includes politicians, the rich and powerful, and police officers too. Why? Because the nature of their work requires a little bit of latitude considering the dangers and difficulties they face every day.
....considering there are 30 million calls for police assistance per year--not counting traffic stops--there is not much police brutality/etc
....you can't stop ALL humans [cops] from doing wrong....the MSM is brainwashing people to believe there is so much brutality/racism/etc
...blacks murder whites at TEN times the rate of vice versa
---you see how the MSM is CRAP?
...most of the blacks killed by cops are JUSTIFIED

Of course they should have SOME latitude. What I have shared on this forum about my own experiences here has been totally honest and direct. I may withhold some details, but that isn't to protect me, that's to protect THEM. As I feel the mods would draw the line of me giving names of these officer on this forum, so I share them directly with foreign agencies and politicians by name.

Name a civilized, capitalist nations and their top police and intel leaders have heard from me. Some more than once. Even their chiefs have heard from me, I've challenged them to deny involvement even from years ago, I've offered to take a polygraph exam.

I still don't have a record to this day. I'm not a criminal. However, an undercover or two with the Toronto Police tried to "get me" and they dragged this into the broader jurisdiction of the OPP and RCMP. I know this as I have a very strong memory which has allowed me to learn complex subjects long after university. I'm not a genius, but I have a logical, problem solving mind. I've solved what they did to me, and I know it must be done to others.

So, I was once detained at the U.S border for about 20 minutes, and then allowed in without a big deal. "Have a good day", he said. I know Canada requested it as I have the FOIA information. I isolated information with certain old "friends" of mine, knowing the fact I didn't raise the detainment with them would drive them to try and get me to talk about it. Let me be clear, the old "where there's smoke there's fire" doesn't apply here. The covert police in Canada are completely full of it, and are of poor character.

I don't paint all officers bad, on the contrary. In fact, the vast majority of police in uniform I've met have been fair, and I've given them their due respect. Be it being pulled over by police (I've never been ticketed, it's always for other reasons unrelated to anything I did), or, interactions I had in my place growing up. It's the undercover racket that has destroyed the lives of people like myself, and so many others. It's destroyed our society and economy. They treat citizens like cattle, only useful for their career objectives. I remind America not to become like us, or your standard of living, GDP per capita, life pursuits will be finished.

If you read all of this, thank you for your time. Hah.

...total bullshit..there is not a problem of police brutality --he was a jackass CRIMINAL..good riddance if any criminal is dead
..the problem is blacks committing crimes then resisting at high rates

Your Chief Saunders may soon have to find another title.

Some wackos in this country now charge that the word "chief" in titles is offensive to Native Americans.

I have never read about any Native Americans complaining, only some silly Euro-Americans who have too much time on their hands.

Forum List

Back