Top U.S. Republican urges Canada to scrap ArriveCAN app

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is drastically hurting our already weak, declining economy.

It's bad enough that creepy Canadian police already misrepresent our citizens who head to the U.S border, this just illustrates further to the Americans how incompetent and unreliable we are, in matters beyond just our standard civil liberty abuses.

A top U.S. Republican has weighed in on the debate swirling around ArriveCAN, the travel app the Canadian government introduced for cross-border travel during the pandemic.

She wants it gone.

Elise Stefanik, a part of the U.S. House Republican leadership team, a border-district representative from New York State, and die-hard Donald Trump ally, has written to the Canadian government.

She wrote to Canada's ambassador to Washington this week with a request: Stop requiring people to use ArriveCAN if they want to enter Canada.

Last edited:

It's bad enough that creepy Canadian police already misrepresent our citizens who head to the U.S border, this just illustrates further for the Americans how incompetent and unreliable we are, in matters beyond civil liberties.

A top U.S. Republican has weighed in on the debate swirling around ArriveCAN, the travel app the Canadian government introduced for cross-border travel during the pandemic.

She wants it gone.

Elise Stefanik, a part of the U.S. House Republican leadership team, a border-district representative from New York State, and die-hard Donald Trump ally, has written to the Canadian government.

She wrote to Canada's ambassador to Washington this week with a request: Stop requiring people to use ArriveCAN if they want to enter Canada.

Western Civilization as we knew it has gone just over the edge of becoming one monolithic, megalithic Police State. Welcome to the future, the future is now.

It's bad enough that creepy Canadian police already misrepresent our citizens who head to the U.S border, this just illustrates further for the Americans how incompetent and unreliable we are, in matters beyond civil liberties.

She wants it gone.

Prior to covid, I visited Canada three or four times a year and contributed to the economy there during each visit. I bought goods, made use of services and lodging and contributed to the ski and outdoor recreation industries. Since covid and Turdeau's covid restrictions I have been prohibited entry into the country. I hope Turdeau and his supporters suffer badly for their decisions. Indeed, I would like to see reciprocal laws banning those Canadians entry to the US.

Forum List

Back