Top Iranian, Nigerian Clerics Discuss Islamic Awakening Wave

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I wonder if the Ayatollah was praising what the Boko Haram were doing to innocent people in Africa in the name of Islam. I don't think the Ayatollah was telling him that he thought it was awful that the President of the Sudan didn't want any more Blacks like this Nigerian living in his country.

February 7, 2015 _ 7:10 PM
Senior Iranian cleric Ayatollah Hossein Nouri Hamedani and visiting Nigerian cleric Ibrahim Zakzaky, in a meeting in the holy city of Qom on Saturday, discussed the Islamic awakening movement in the African country.

Senior Iranian cleric Ayatollah Hossein Nouri Hamedani and visiting Nigerian cleric Ibrahim Zakzaky, in a meeting in the holy city of Qom on Saturday, discussed the Islamic awakening movement in the African country.

In the meeting, Zakzaky pointed to the continuation of the Islamic movement founded by the late Imam Khomeini in Iran, and said, “Like the movement led by Imam Khomeini, we are moving toward the awakening of nations.”

Top Iranian Nigerian Clerics Discuss Islamic Awakening Wave - AhlulBayt News Agency - ABNA - Shia News?

I doubt it. Boko Haram is Sunni and Ibrahim Zakzaky is Shia as is the Ayatolla. Most of Boko Haram's victims have likewise been Muslim and I seriously doubt they were discussing Sudan. Zakzaky seems to believe the west is supporting Boko Haram in order to create a "Balkanization" of Nigeria. A bit crazy.

Here's an article that has a bit more info on their "Islamic awakening".

BBC News - Sheikh Zakzaky Why Nigeria could fear an attack on Iran

I doubt it. Boko Haram is Sunni and Ibrahim Zakzaky is Shia as is the Ayatolla. Most of Boko Haram's victims have likewise been Muslim and I seriously doubt they were discussing Sudan. Zakzaky seems to believe the west is supporting Boko Haram in order to create a "Balkanization" of Nigeria. A bit crazy.

Regardless, Coyote, even though they belong to different sects of Islam, they did meet.

Regardless, Coyote, even though they belong to different sects of Islam, they did meet.

No, you misunderstood - Zakzaky and the Ayatolla are both Shia I think - they have a common interest. Boko Haram is Sunni. Neither support Boko Haram.

I wonder if the Ayatollah was praising what the Boko Haram were doing to innocent people in Africa in the name of Islam. I don't think the Ayatollah was telling him that he thought it was awful that the President of the Sudan didn't want any more Blacks like this Nigerian living in his country.

February 7, 2015 _ 7:10 PM

In the meeting, Zakzaky pointed to the continuation of the Islamic movement founded by the late Imam Khomeini in Iran, and said, “Like the movement led by Imam Khomeini, we are moving toward the awakening of nations.”

Top Iranian Nigerian Clerics Discuss Islamic Awakening Wave - AhlulBayt News Agency - ABNA - Shia News?
Silly-Sally is easily confused. ..... :cuckoo: . :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back