Top 10 QB of All-Time

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
(1) Brady: I already thought he was the best, but last night's 4th superbowl victory solidifies it.
(2) Montana: Close 2nd, but officially a second
(3) Elway: Earlier in his career he might have gone down the same road as Manning in being dogged for lack of post-season success, but the back-to-back superbowl victories solidified his spot. The comeback King was amazing.
(4) Manning: He has been dogged in a similar way as Mariano, yet Manning has done fairly well in the playoffs during his career and even had a superbowl victory. Yet his post-season history puts him behind the other 3.
(5) Rodgers: I might be jumping the gun on him and he hasn't quite earned this spot yet, but the kid will get here mark my words. Heck it should have been the Packs in the SB this year. You can't blame that loss on him.
(6) Young: Had big shoes to fill and he did it. Won the big game and put up some big numbers.
(7) Mariano: He was the king of the regular season, but lack of post-season success still dogs him.
(8) Bradshaw: 4 SB rings yes, but as good as the rest on the list nope.
(9) Farve: The gun-slinger had an amazing arm and there is something to be said for the iron-man of the position. However, his INT and many times poor decision knocks him down the list.
(10) Unitas: I will admit I have a bias against the old time players. Guys now-a-days are bigger, faster, stronger and better prepared for the game. I think many so-called legends would have been middle of the road today and some legends would have found great success. I think Unitas would have found success. I put Starr and Staubech in the camp with the players that would have struggled!

(1) Brady: I already thought he was the best, but last night's 4th superbowl victory solidifies it.
(3) Elway: Earlier in his career he might have gone down the same road as Manning in being dogged for lack of post-season success, but the back-to-back superbowl victories solidified his spot. The comeback King was amazing.
(4) Manning: He has been dogged in a similar way as Mariano, yet Manning has done fairly well in the playoffs during his career and even had a superbowl victory. Yet his post-season history puts him behind the other 3.
(5) Rodgers: I might be jumping the gun on him and he hasn't quite earned this spot yet, but the kid will get here mark my words. Heck it should have been the Packs in the SB this year. You can't blame that loss on him.
(6) Young: Had big shoes to fill and he did it. Won the big game and put up some big numbers.
(7) Mariano: He was the king of the regular season, but lack of post-season success still dogs him.
(9) Farve: The gun-slinger had an amazing arm and there is something to be said for the iron-man of the position. However, his INT and many times poor decision knocks him down the list.
(10) Unitas: I will admit I have a bias against the old time players. Guys now-a-days are bigger, faster, stronger and better prepared for the game. I think many so-called legends would have been middle of the road today and some legends would have found great success. I think Unitas would have found success. I put Starr and Staubech in the camp with the players that would have struggled!
How many SB rings do Starr and Staubach have between them?

Four total.

1. Brady: as of yesterday
2. Montana: still great but not Brady
3. Peyton Manning: Great fantasy QB but chokes in the big games
4. John Unitas: The original pro-style QB
5. John Elway: Great big game QB
6. Dan Marino: Some of the best skills but never won the big one
7. Sammy Baugh: Old school, invented the position
8. Otto Graham: Always won the big games
9. Aaron Rogers: Great skills, should move up the list
10. Roger Staubach: Just plain clutch

Four total.
Starr belongs on any list.

But, that was old style ball, working class ball.

These guys get more money per quarter than those got in a year, maybe in a career.

I honestly think Graham, Baugh and Staubach were would have very good in today's game, but not great. Unitas is the only old schooler I think would be great!

I honestly think Graham, Baugh and Staubach were would have very good in today's game, but not great. Unitas is the only old schooler I think would be great!

From what I have read about Baugh, he had an amazing arm for both distance and accuracy. Would have been interesting how he would have done today with the rules protecting QBs and receivers

Forum List

Back