Zone1 Top 10 OT Books Quoted in NT

DudleySmith

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2020
Just an info post, based on another thread that said something about Ezekiel being quoted often.

Methodology:

I counted only direct, explicit quotations, such as those introduced with “it is written,” or “as it says in the Law of Moses.” I gave some leniency, allowing clear quotations on the list even if introduced by a mere “for.”

I did not include any mere allusions or references to people or events in the Old Testament. I don’t think such allusions are unimportant; I just think they can be difficult to measure. For example, when Jesus is called “Son of Man,” is that an allusion to Daniel 7:13, to Psalm 8:4, or to Ezekiel 2:1, 3, 6, 8, etc? Most likely, the answer is “all of them,” but Bible interpreters disagree. Therefore, I left these unclear examples off the list altogether. One unfortunate result is that the books of 2 Peter, Jude, and Revelation, which contain Old Testament allusions in almost every verse, are almost completely absent from the list.

1. Psalms (68 times)​

2. Isaiah (55)​

3. Deuteronomy (44)​

4. Genesis (35)​

5. Exodus (31)​

6. Leviticus (13)​

7. Proverbs (8)​

8. Zechariah (7)​

9. Jeremiah (5)​

10. Hosea (5)​

Exhaustive list here, in a Excel type format:

Acts 2:16,21-And Romans 10:13 quotes Joel 2:21-22- Those who call on the name-YHWH(Jehovah) will be saved.---But since altered translations have LORD at Joel, they have Lord at both other spots causing confusion to all who will call on the name Jesus and its not what the bible really teaches. Those altered versions are only used by false religions claiming to be christian. They are misleading all listening to them=2Cor 11:12-15)--They were altered by satans will to mislead.

Ah, I had thought this thread had been deleted, like most of my other threads. I guess the mods were all off that day.

Forum List

Back