Top 10 movies of all time

I had relatives that were Klan members in the 1950s and 60s.

They were mostly returning WWII veterans that were trying to protect their home turf and for the most part were successful. Not that much different from the story in Birth of a Nation. Crime was low. Despite what Liberals and Hollywood have brainwashed the American people to believe the Klan was a much more positive force than depicted.
Although I did live in the South when the Klan was quite active, I have no experience with them. From what I read and what my parents told me, the Klan after the Civil War was the only law in many small towns in the rural South and yes they did do a lot of good. However, over the years that changed as law enforcement in small towns became more effective.

What I remember when I was young in the late forties and fifties is that black solders were often treated poorly by White people in the South. Blacks that served in the military simply did not want to pick cotton, work on garbage trucks and live in broken down shotgun shacks on the outskirts of town. This led to a lot of trouble.

In the 50's my family rented apartments to military personnel from the local base. I remember the question coming up about renting to black solders. Grandad said the first time one of those people puts a foot on my front porch, they're going to be met with a shotgun in their face. He was determine that no black would every rent from him and that was how most people felt in those days.

Last edited:
One of my all-time favorite movies, 'The Great Waltz', The true story of Johanne Strauss, full of history, romance, drama and beautiful music.
You don't have to rent it to watch the trailer,

Shawshank Redemption,
The Rare Breed,
Its A Wonderful Life,

Last edited:

Forum List

Back