Tonight is the best night to see the Orionid meteor shower .

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Warning to Biden voters.
It's just a fabricated NY Post article....go back to sleep.

The best time to look up occurs during the darkest hours, between Tuesday night, Oct. 20, and Wednesday morning, Oct. 21, according to TimeAndDate.com, when Earth’s orbit intersects with the rocky entrails of Halley’s Comet, which make up the Orionids. The next time the storied comet will appear in our sky is 2061, during its 76-year cycle around the sun, according to NASA.

Warning to Biden voters.
It's just a fabricated NY Post article....go back to sleep.

The best time to look up occurs during the darkest hours, between Tuesday night, Oct. 20, and Wednesday morning, Oct. 21, according to TimeAndDate.com, when Earth’s orbit intersects with the rocky entrails of Halley’s Comet, which make up the Orionids. The next time the storied comet will appear in our sky is 2061, during its 76-year cycle around the sun, according to NASA.

Since I saw "Day of the Triffids," I don't watch meteor showers...

I used to love to watch meteor showers, but there’s too much light in the night sky where I live now. I’m too old to howl at the full moon too, but I still feel the urge.

This month and through Election Day the planet Mars will be at its brightest until September 2035!

Might this explain the madness of Americans these days?
.... Nah.

I used to love to watch meteor showers, but there’s too much light in the night sky where I live now. I’m too old to howl at the full moon too, but I still feel the urge.

This month and through Election Day the planet Mars will be at its brightest until September 2035!

Might this explain the madness of Americans these days?
.... Nah.

The only madness is coming from joe biden voters....they are the ones burning, looting, beating and murdering people......

Saw a few in the south sky a couple hours ago. Nothing spectacular at all. It's still great just being in a rural area where the visibility's really good even from the naked eye.

It's a very spiritual and kind of primitive form of meditation for me, just laying in the grass staring out there, realizing how small we are and that some of those stars we see are actually entire galaxies - it's just mind-blowing.

I always like watching these. Thankfully, I'm in the perfect spot. The night sky here is always crystal clear and you can see the stars really well. I've even seen the space station with the naked eye. Stuff's always falling out of the sky in some firey ball with a long flaming tail. Green, purple, red, blue, all sorts of cool colors. Sometimes it's like they fly right over the tree tops. I've thought about going to look for them, that's how close some of them have been.

Ironically, every street here is named after some astronaut or some interstellar or Egyptian kind of name. We've got that big obelisk out at the front of the neighborhood right next to the eye of providence shaped meditation park. So, a very strategic location. The street lights are old fashioned and strategically designed to allow for good night sky viewing.

Forum List

Back