Tomorrow Is The First Day Of School!!!!!!

Mr.Conley

Jan 20, 2006
New Orleans, LA/Cambridge, MA
My sister is finally going to school tomorrow!

It's a small, all-girls school in New Orleans. She'll be starting 10th grade. She already knows a few people the family approves of through a cousin. She'll be taking physics, geometry, english, us history, and french. She'll also be on the cross country team and the band. The hope is that she'll be too busy to do anything crazy. We're all getting in the car and taking her to class tomorrow.

I'm so happy. We got her through the summer!!!

My sister is finally going to school tomorrow!

It's a small, all-girls school in New Orleans. She'll be starting 10th grade. She already knows a few people the family approves of through a cousin. She'll be taking physics, geometry, english, us history, and french. She'll also be on the cross country team and the band. The hope is that she'll be too busy to do anything crazy. We're all getting in the car and taking her to class tomorrow.

I'm so happy. We got her through the summer!!!

Why on earth are you happy about anyone starting school? I think you need to take a long walk, my friend, and think about things for a while. ;)

Aaaaand, you didnt tell me you had a sister that was close to my age. Dont worry, no ideas ;). I start 11th grade september 5th. Regular public high school, 'twill be my first year at this one though. Kinda nervous.

Semper Fi said:
Why on earth are you happy about anyone starting school? I think you need to take a long walk, my friend, and think about things for a while.
My sister is totally insane and needs to be kept in a controlled environment, both for her safety and that of those around her.

For more I direct you here.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34248

Semper Fi said:
Aaaaand, you didnt tell me you had a sister that was close to my age. Dont worry, no ideas .
Please, I would love for her to date (or even know) someone in her age group who (appears) responsible.

Semper Fi said:
I start 11th grade september 5th. Regular public high school, 'twill be my first year at this one though. Kinda nervous.
Ahhh, changing schools. Sounds like it's your first time. Your talking to the master though. I changed schools 11 times over the 12 years of primary and secondary education. It's 12 if you count going off to college. It depends on the type of person you are, but it tends to be rough for the first week or two, and it takes a month or two before you're completely "in" and not just "the new guy". Once you make it through the first two days though it isn't really too bad. Just don't be completely introverted. Try to make a joke or two. And don't sit in the front row of any of your classes for the first few days. You'll probably feel stupid the first time you try to find a seat in the cafeteria, but just try to find someone you already kind of know from a class or something. Eventually you'll find a group of people you click with.

My sister is totally insane and needs to be kept in a controlled environment, both for her safety and that of those around her.

For more I direct you here.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34248

Please, I would love for her to date (or even know) someone in her age group who (appears) responsible.

Ahhh, changing schools. Sounds like it's your first time. Your talking to the master though. I changed schools 11 times over the 12 years of primary and secondary education. It's 12 if you count going off to college. It depends on the type of person you are, but it tends to be rough for the first week or two, and it takes a month or two before you're completely "in" and not just "the new guy". Once you make it through the first two days though it isn't really too bad. Just don't be completely introverted. Try to make a joke or two. And don't sit in the front row of any of your classes for the first few days. You'll probably feel stupid the first time you try to find a seat in the cafeteria, but just try to find someone you already kind of know from a class or something. Eventually you'll find a group of people you click with.

1. Sorry, I didnt know.

2. It's not my first time switching schools. I will have gone to 7 different schools by the time I graduate, from an Army family. I know what it's like, not really in high school though...I know some people from football that I can hang out with, so all might be good. That, and being from Alaska might just earn some extra cool points.

Semper Fi said:
2. It's not my first time switching schools. I will have gone to 7 different schools by the time I graduate, from an Army family. I know what it's like, not really in high school though...I know some people from football that I can hang out with, so all might be good. That, and being from Alaska might just earn some extra cool points.
I had to high school transfers. I'd say its harder than in middle school or elementary because people tend to have known each other for a really long time, plus they just plain aren't as friendly as little kids. If you already know some people it shouldn't be too bad though. The three times I already knew people were pretty easy for me. Stay with them, but don't stick too close, you want to get to know people outside of the football group as well.

Will you be participating in any sports or extracurriculars? Those are always good for meeting people.

I had to high school transfers. I'd say its harder than in middle school or elementary because people tend to have known each other for a really long time, plus they just plain aren't as friendly as little kids. If you already know some people it shouldn't be too bad though. The three times I already knew people were pretty easy for me. Stay with them, but don't stick too close, you want to get to know people outside of the football group as well.

Will you be participating in any sports or extracurriculars? Those are always good for meeting people.

The only sport or extracurriculars I plan on doing is football, and maybe powerlifting during the winter. I'm not one to be too clingy to people, at least I try not to be. Thanks for the advice, Mr. Conley.

Well my only suggestion would be to get involved in some activity outside of football as well. I know football takes up a lot of time, but there's bound to be something that you could do in the winter or spring.

Good luck.

Forum List

Back