Tommy goes to Tenerife

In a few weeks. Looks a bit shit to me but Mrs T booked it and is really keen.
Anyone else been there ?
Been to Gran Canaria but that was many, many years ago. 1975. If you can stay clear of the Brit and German dunks you'll probably be alright and ..... if you chose on which side of the hotel you'll be staying Bob's your uncle.

In a few weeks. Looks a bit shit to me but Mrs T booked it and is really keen.
Anyone else been there ?
Been to Gran Canaria but that was many, many years ago. 1975. If you can stay clear of the Brit and German dunks you'll probably be alright and ..... if you chose on which side of the hotel you'll be staying Bob's your uncle.
I always try and steer clear of the Brits. We are top floor with a private jacuzzi so she reckons we can miss the poolside experience. First proper holiday together since our honeymoon. Hope we get on.

I always try and steer clear of the Brits.
A very wise thing to do. We've been going to the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria the last 4 years in a row and the only ones who make a nuisance of themselves are the Brits. Jesus, they drink themselves to unconsciousness! They are completely out of their minds with drink! I wonder how they managed to reboard the plane home?
First proper holiday together since our honeymoon. Hope we get on.
LOL. How many years have you been together?

I always try and steer clear of the Brits.
A very wise thing to do. We've been going to the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria the last 4 years in a row and the only ones who make a nuisance of themselves are the Brits. Jesus, they drink themselves to unconsciousness! They are completely out of their minds with drink! I wonder how they managed to reboard the plane home?
Bulgaria used to be really cheap a few years back. The booze is probably a lot cheaper than back home.

Take your construction clothes... You might get a job...

"Our position is that we are here if the TMT project needs us," he said by phone from the institute's headquarters on the island of Tenerife.

Giant telescope backers to seek permit for alternative site
Tenerife is probably better for this.

From a scientific standpoint I might have to disagree... From a Sociological perspective there is a big old Lava Wall to climb over...

The biggest hurdle is the Billions (yes that's right that is a B) of Dollars that have been directed to this project all with the support of the State of Hawaii...

Actually it is quite a pickle they have gotten themselves into...

TMT International Observatory

My God! And this'll be the first time you'll be stuck alone together with nowhere to run in all of those years? I now understand your concern.
Bulgaria used to be really cheap a few years back.
Still is.
The booze is probably a lot cheaper than back home.
The way the lads are packing it away you'd think it were free.

My God! And this'll be the first time you'll be stuck alone together with nowhere to run in all of those years? I now understand your concern.
Still is.
A year after we married we had our first, and then a couple more. so we always had the family holiday. We did a few mini breaks as a couple and they went ok.
Flying is always stressful for her as she cant have a fag so that is always a potential flash point.

Still is.
A year after we married we had our first, and then a couple more. so we always had the family holiday. We did a few mini breaks as a couple and they went ok.
Flying is always stressful for her as she cant have a fag so that is always a potential flash point.
I sometimes suffer from pnigerofobia (similar to claustrophobia) but I have found my own remedy for flying. You're only allowed a tiny amount of liquid through the detector gate so I take a mini bottle of whiskey (it's within the limit) into the airport and through the control. I then immediately purchase another one (plus a cola) at the duty free and stick them into my carry-on together with the first bottle. I then mix one of them with the cola "in-flight" and nurse it along the way. That relaxes me enough to get by. On the return flight, I do the same ...... taking the second mini whisky into the airport and purchase another at duty-free one to save it for a future flight. Food for thought? Of course, I am somewhat of a teetotaller so the tiny bit of whiskey does the job well enough.

Well we made it and we are now on day 3 without a row.
Tenerife looks to be a big Volcano with hotels cut into the mountains. The sa nd is black and all the trees look imported.
Its really hot. We are closer to Africa than Wales.
The good news is that it hasn't been colonised by drunken Brits so it is quite civilised.
I suppose it's a bit off the beaten track for my American friends but if you make it here there are Burger Kings and Macdonalds a plenty.

We are just going to lie in the sun and relax. So I am catching up with my reading and I will be posting on here in the intervals. Buenos Dias.

Well we made it and we are now on day 3 without a row.
Tenerife looks to be a big Volcano with hotels cut into the mountains. The sa nd is black and all the trees look imported.
Its really hot. We are closer to Africa than Wales.
The good news is that it hasn't been colonised by drunken Brits so it is quite civilised.
I suppose it's a bit off the beaten track for my American friends but if you make it here there are Burger Kings and Macdonalds a plenty.

We are just going to lie in the sun and relax. So I am catching up with my reading and I will be posting on here in the intervals. Buenos Dias.
Be careful now. There once was a fellow from Westhoughton - not all that far from Wales - and here is what he had to say about the ladies yonder > > >

Bloody raining now. I want my money back

You are gonna need that money to hoard tins of bread puddings to survive the winter of your Brexit........

In the mean time, just think, if that volcano ever blows and destroys the US east coast, you can tell the story of your vacation to the then non-existent Canary Islands one day.

You are gonna need that money to hoard tins of bread puddings to survive the winter of your Brexit........

In the mean time, just think, if that volcano ever blows and destroys the US east coast, you can tell the story of your vacation to the then non-existent Canary Islands one day.
Saw some muzzies this morning. I don't feel safe and I want to go home.

Saw some muzzies this morning. I don't feel safe and I want to go home.

You aren't safe. They are watching you.

Be sure to take a ride through the mountains, if you haven't. They have the public transportation but you can rent a car and go it alone. Enjoy your vacation!

Forum List

Back