Tomatoe soup

Works for me. How the fuck are you these days?
Trying not to feel my age......... And spelling tomato in different languages....... Tomaatii.........
I like.
I found out this weekend that fresh diced tomato on top of some simple goulash is the best.

Hey, if you start speaking in tongues, give me a web call!
I'm one of those few people who are not big on tomatoes, they're okay but I'm not going out of my way for them.

You dont like a BLT?
Sure they're okay that way, I didn't say I didn't like tomatoes with certain things just said I wasn't a big fan of em which means I don't like them in large quantities or with certain foods, I can take them or leave them. When I was younger I always had a BL without the T. Ketchup, BBQ sauce and mixed in with certain dishes are fine, heck I make spaghetti bolognese instead of the traditional spaghetti sauce.

Trying not to feel my age......... And spelling tomato in different languages....... Tomaatii.........
I like.
I found out this weekend that fresh diced tomato on top of some simple goulash is the best.

I'm one of those few people who are not big on tomatoes, they're okay but I'm not going out of my way for them.

You dont like a BLT?
Sure they're okay that way, I didn't say I didn't like tomatoes with certain things just said I wasn't a big fan of em which means I don't like them in large quantities or with certain foods, I can take them or leave them. When I was younger I always had a BL without the T. Ketchup, BBQ sauce and mixed in with certain dishes are fine, heck I make spaghetti bolognese instead of the traditional spaghetti sauce.

My biggest problem with tomatoes is that I remember how they used to taste.
Nowadays they're bland as hell.
The only solution is to grow them yourself if you want a good tomato.

Who is this Blanch woman, and what is she doing with all the tomatoes?

I like.

You dont like a BLT?

Ketchup on bacon... some might say people will go to hell for such an unholy offense.

Believe it or not, I am actually making tomato soup and grilled cheese sammies for dinner tonight.
I make some mean tomato soup... bisque would be more accurate however.

I like.

You dont like a BLT?

Ketchup on bacon... some might say people will go to hell for such an unholy offense.
Just the thought of that is disgusting.........

I like.

You dont like a BLT?

Just the thought of that is disgusting.........
They don't anymore, but it use to drive me crazy when my kids were little and they wanted ketchup on a BLT.... the horror!

Believe it or not, I am actually making tomato soup and grilled cheese sammies for dinner tonight.
I found the only way I can eat tomato(e) soup is to make it almost too spicy to eat............ I would also add a little rice and small bits of Italian sausage.

Wonder how many will get the (e).......? And it has nothing to do with the OP.......

:D

Last edited:
Boil tomatoes for 10 to 15 minutes. Let it cool. Remove tomatoes skins easily after the boil. Blend the tomatoes in that water. Now you have tomatoes soup. Add salt etc.. as you want.
Mmm, Dan Quayle's favorite!

I found the only way I can eat tomato(e) soup is to make it almost too spicy to eat............ I would also add a little rice and small bits of Italian sausage.

Wonder how many will get the (e).......? And it has nothing to do with the OP.......

:D

I make tomato soup like this...
7-8 Roma Tomatoes
1/2 large purple onion
1 large red pepper
1 med carrot
Chicken Stock
1 TB Paprika
1 tsp cilantro

Take the vegetables, cut into large chunks and place in a bowl with ample olive oil and salt/pepper
Roast at 400 until purple onions are beginning to char.. I think about 30 minutes.
Put all ingredients in a pot, bring to boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Take an immersion blender and blend well to thicken.

Good stuff.

Forum List

Back