Prague, Czech Republic
One of America's greatest athletes passes at 75. RIP

Yahoo Sports
Mets legend Tom Seaver dies at 75 after battle with dementia
Jack Baer
Jack Baer
·Writer
September 3, 2020, 2:21 AM GMT+2

Tom Seaver, the pitcher widely regarded as the New York Mets’ greatest player, died on Monday, according to the Baseball Hall of Fame. He was 75.
Seaver had dropped out of public life in March last year after being diagnosed with dementia. He spent the remainder of his life at his home in California, reportedly dying peacefully in his sleep of complications of Lewy body dementia and COVID-19. The New York Daily News reported that Lyme disease also played a part in his death.
From the Hall:
“We are heartbroken to share that our beloved husband and father has passed away,” said his wife Nancy Seaver and daughters Sarah and Anne. “We send our love out to his fans, as we mourn his loss with you.”

One of America's greatest athletes passes at 75. RIP

Yahoo Sports
Mets legend Tom Seaver dies at 75 after battle with dementia
Jack Baer
Jack Baer
·Writer
September 3, 2020, 2:21 AM GMT+2

Tom Seaver, the pitcher widely regarded as the New York Mets’ greatest player, died on Monday, according to the Baseball Hall of Fame. He was 75.
Seaver had dropped out of public life in March last year after being diagnosed with dementia. He spent the remainder of his life at his home in California, reportedly dying peacefully in his sleep of complications of Lewy body dementia and COVID-19. The New York Daily News reported that Lyme disease also played a part in his death.
From the Hall:
“We are heartbroken to share that our beloved husband and father has passed away,” said his wife Nancy Seaver and daughters Sarah and Anne. “We send our love out to his fans, as we mourn his loss with you.”
Sad news. Thank you for your post. Another player or manager connected to the 1969 World Series has passed. RIP, Mr. Seaver.

stg090420dAPR20200903034506.jpg

I never seen him pitch but it look like a good guy straight white male loved America

I never seen him pitch but it look like a good guy straight white male loved America
I was fortunate enough to see him pitch at the tail end of his career when he was with the Red Sox against the royals here in kc.Only gave up a couple runs and went most the game,He even got George Brett to fly out with two men on base and two outs and Brett of course was always a tough out,one of the best hitters ever to play the game.It was quite a treat knowing I was watching a legend.He left at a good time,he is better off where he is in the place he is now than we all are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back