Tom Brady and the Patriots repeat in 2015-16!

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
I hope the Pats do make it back to the Super Bowl this season. The Hawks will be there too. I hope that the Seahawk secondary is in better shape as far as injuries go.

It's hard to predict a score this early in any season but I'm sure the Hawks will have an edge in purpose and intensity. Difficult to say how much Graham will contribute to this season's SB. One thing for sure is that if Carroll calls a slant pass it will go for a TD and it will be Butler on the ground with stars and tweety birds circling his helmet.

Upon further investigation I find it puzzling why N E let Revis and Browner go. Browner was THE reason Butler had the play he did that won the Pats the SB. This development makes me wonder if the Patriots will even go deep in the playoffs. They have a soft division which will obviously give them a shot at the playoffs but as I see it they are one and done this season.

Last year many said the Pats would be one and done.

Last year people thought Brady should retire and the Patriots were done for when they went 2-2 in the first 4 weeks. Ridiculously high expectations for that team every year. I guess that happens when your QB has more playoffs wins than 21 teams have in their entire histories.

Upon further investigation I find it puzzling why N E let Revis and Browner go. Browner was THE reason Butler had the play he did that won the Pats the SB. This development makes me wonder if the Patriots will even go deep in the playoffs. They have a soft division which will obviously give them a shot at the playoffs but as I see it they are one and done this season.

It makes sense to me. The Patriots were never going to be willing to match the Jets offer for Revis, it's not the way they do business. And once Revis is gone, Browner's skill set makes less sense in the context of how the Revis-less defense would have to adjust. The Patriots, as with Revis, probably thought the value wasn't there for the team.

And it depends on how it all plays out, but after this week I'm not sure how anyone could claim they have a soft division this coming year.

It makes sense to me. The Patriots were never going to be willing to match the Jets offer for Revis, it's not the way they do business. And once Revis is gone, Browner's skill set makes less sense in the context of how the Revis-less defense would have to adjust. The Patriots, as with Revis, probably thought the value wasn't there for the team.

And it depends on how it all plays out, but after this week I'm not sure how anyone could claim they have a soft division this coming year.

The NFC West was the toughest division in the NFL recently but now I just don't know. The rivalry between Seattle and Santa Clara was short lived. Now the 9ers are in a so-called rebuilding mode. I'm not even sure what THAT means. Every team is constantly restocking the shelves. What I see now is the Seahawks dominating it's division with AZ a distant second and the Rams and 9ers groveling in the cellar. If Wilson, Lynch and Graham stay healthy the Hawks should have the easiest path to the playoffs in team history. With the acquisition of Cary Williams the LOB will stay the most effective defensive backfield in the NFL as long as they can also stay healthy. I would just hate to see a repeat of last season's SB where the Hawks limp into the game so banged up that the team can't give a fair representation of what got them there.

Forum List

Back