Tolerance: sick woman gets death wishes for supporting medical experiments

Several things here:

1 No one should ever have to endure death threats.

2 While I am not for experimenting on animals, unless it's a crime punishable by prison, then about all we can do is try to change the laws.

3 Now would be a good time for animal rights activists to speak out about these kind of threats.

I am sorry she is ill, but she supports cruelty to animals. I cannot condone that.

scientific experiments are not cruelty. It is how science advances.

as long as there are no other possibilities for the experiments and testing - they will continue, which fells under the expression of necessary evil.

Last edited:
Question for liberals: If illnesses that hit liberal special status groups really hard, like HIV, could be cured but only if involving animal testing, would you oppose such a cure?

Me either.

Use prisoners or drug addicts they'll take anything.

You are speaking with no more humanity then those who are issuing death threats to a seriously ill woman. :(

You are assuming that I have humanity or want it. Use prisoners for experiments. We have a full death row. All good candidates. There is no reason why innocent animals should be harmed. Drug addicts kill themselves every day taking drugs. They have no problem with drugs that kill. More good candidates.

Me either.

Use prisoners or drug addicts they'll take anything.

You are speaking with no more humanity then those who are issuing death threats to a seriously ill woman. :(

You are assuming that I have humanity or want it. Use prisoners for experiments. We have a full death row. All good candidates. There is no reason why innocent animals should be harmed. Drug addicts kill themselves every day taking drugs. They have no problem with drugs that kill. More good candidates.

You are either trolling for kicks (in which case, you're seriously twisted) or you are evil on the level of Elisabeth Bathory.

Much as I love animals, I love people even more. So if some must be sacrificed so we live longer and healthier so be it. We're all animals afterall, and we all benefit from the death of others. Before condemning animal research, learn the facts about how you're benefitting from it already (nevermind what happened during WWII and the Holocaust.) At some point, everything we use today was tested first on animals. So unless you're living some Tarzan-like existence out in the woods, you're benefitting from animal research already.

You are either trolling for kicks (in which case, you're seriously twisted) or you are evil on the level of Elisabeth Bathory.

I think she is jesting as usual. balancing on the edge.

“Please also note that all over-the-counter medicines and/or their ingredients are extensively tested on animals, as currently required by the FDA.”

A very short list of companies and products tested on animals:
Popular Beauty Brands and Companies That Still Use Animal Testing

A bigger list:
http://www.thevegetariansite.com/ethics_test.htm

So, as you can see quite readily, many things are tested on animals as it is. So objecting to some story about animal testing is at best ignorant, and at worst hypocritical.

Half and half. I really do support using prisoners and drug addicts for testing rather than animals. The animals haven't done anything wrong. They have. Drug addicts are going to die from their drug use anyway. Let them contribute while they can.

Recently in mexico a young drug addict was taken to the hospital because she injected krokodil into her vagina. Why waste this kind of opportunity to medically evaluate her rotting flesh and experiment a little? Expand assisted suicide so these hopeless people can do something useful instead of becoming worm food. There is no shortage of humans who could be used for medical experimentation instead of animals.

This should be especially welcome among the atheists and non believers who don't believe in God or the human soul. We are all animated meat, so are animals. But they are innocent.

Dya eat meat Katz'? If ya do, not really in a morally superior position to object ya know. Wear make-up? Take analgesics for a headache? Ever had surgery or a dental procedure? All made possible by animal testing.

Half and half. I really do support using prisoners and drug addicts for testing rather than animals. The animals haven't done anything wrong. They have. Drug addicts are going to die from their drug use anyway. Let them contribute while they can.

Recently in mexico a young drug addict was taken to the hospital because she injected krokodil into her vagina. Why waste this kind of opportunity to medically evaluate her rotting flesh and experiment a little? Expand assisted suicide so these hopeless people can do something useful instead of becoming worm food. There is no shortage of humans who could be used for medical experimentation instead of animals.

This should be especially welcome among the atheists and non believers who don't believe in God or the human soul. We are all animated meat, so are animals. But they are innocent.

Let's start with experimenting on YOU, then! You are clearly a psychopath and therefore have absolutely no redeeming qualities as a human being.

Plenty of people use drugs for decades with minimal ill effects. Offhand: one of the heaviest drinkers I have ever known of--a quart or more of hard liquor every day for 40+ years--lived to be 90!

Someone addicted to drugs (cocaine and morphine) his entire adult life co-founded what is still, 125 years later, one of the premier teaching hospitals in the world. At the same time, he did nothing less than revolutionize medicine (surgery, in particular). He pioneered many now-common practices, from the patient chart, to one of the first blood transfusions (giving his own blood to his sister after she had given birth), to surgical residency training, to using local anesthetics, to the introduction of latex surgical gloves.

Dya eat meat Katz'? If ya do, not really in a morally superior position to object ya know. Wear make-up? Take analgesics for a headache? Ever had surgery or a dental procedure? All made possible by animal testing.

I never said that animal testing was unnecessary. Just that there might be another way, like using undesirables such as criminals and drug addicts. Gather them up out of the gutters where they die slow deaths from worthless lives.

If you offered prisoners some perk, they'd volunteer. Especially the lifers and those on death row.

Forum List

Back