Tolerance of Radical Muslims

What difference does it make? Maybe the two guys hurled the most horrible racial slander on earth at him. It doesn't make his actions any more or less valid. The other thing I don't see the difference in, is the cabbie's reaction to anyone that has a different view point or is critical of his way of life from that of other radical muslims. They all seem to have the same MO, bend over backwards for my religion or you're dead.

These are the same thugs the libs want to try and reason with.

I wonder if americans in general are more comitted...
I mean if you are someting you are it to a 110%. Alot of people here are a little bit right, a little bit christian and well... not so strong in every opinion.

Or maybe this messageboard filters anything moderate out.

Bingo. There are moderates on message boards, but they are few and far between. Moderates for the most part aren't going to get caught up on politicla message boards.

RSR does a fair job of depicting message board liberals/extremists. He doesn't allow for moderate ones.

Bingo. There are moderates on message boards, but they are few and far between. Moderates for the most part aren't going to get caught up on politicla message boards.

RSR does a fair job of depicting message board liberals/extremists. He doesn't allow for moderate ones.

Gunny, you are a smart guy and I respect you

However, I will respect moderates when you can tell me where I can buy the book "Great Moderates in US History"

I realize the cabbie acted outside of the law,
What I was pointing out was the fact that the story was one sided, and I understand what the cabbie did was illegal,

But what caused it. the story makes the cabbie out to be the cause of the problem, but what incited it..

There was no mention of the contents of the arguement, no mention of what possibly ignorant hateful things two drunken white kids said to someone.

Lets change the players in the story and see how it changes the perspective.

This is only an imagined example of a different perspective on the same story.

-A Jewish cabbie ran down Mel Gibson early sunday morning after a drunken Mr gibson and the cabbie got into a heated religious arguement.-

Does this change things.

Do you feel more or less sympathy for the cabbie.

You can change the players around all you want. This isn't about my personal feelings, nor reacting to them. It's pretty cut and dried.

It doesn't matter what the kids said. It does not justify physical retaliation according to the law in this country.

Had it been two muslim kids and a purebread white driver, my opinion would remain the same. The driver broke the law and the kids did not. That isn't one-sided. It's fact.

The only legal justification for the use of force is fear of bodily injury or death.

You can change the players around all you want. This isn't about my personal feelings, nor reacting to them. It's pretty cut and dried.

It doesn't matter what the kids said. It does not justify physical retaliation according to the law in this country.

Had it been two muslim kids and a purebread white driver, my opinion would remain the same. The driver broke the law and the kids did not. That isn't one-sided. It's fact.

The only legal justification for the use of force is fear of bodily injury or death.

To most liberals, the poor guy was provoked. After all, the liberal media is telling the Muslims what a bunch of racist bastards Americans are, what do you expect?

Gunny, you are a smart guy and I respect you

However, I will respect moderates when you can tell me where I can buy the book "Great Moderates in US History"

I didn't say "respect moderates." They are however, the majority on both sides. The moderate vote has swung the last 11 Presidential elections. The moderate vote will swing this next one as well.

You don't have to respect them, but it is unwise to ignore power such as that.

I didn't say "respect moderates." They are however, the majority on both sides. The moderate vote has swung the last 11 Presidential elections. The moderate vote will swing this next one as well.

You don't have to respect them, but it is unwise to ignore power such as that.

What the heck do moderates stand for? To me they are the people who are afraid to make up their minds because they are scared to offend anyone

I see these clowns days out from an election and they whine how they cannot make up their minds

To me they are a joke they enjoys all the attention the liberal media gives them

Are you saying that all you do is respect non-moderates and they are the only "great ones" in US history?

see the above post for my opinion of the moderates - the point is there are NO great moderates in US history

To most liberals, the poor guy was provoked. After all, the liberal media is telling the Muslims what a bunch of racist bastards Americans are, what do you expect?

He WAS provoked, if the report is accurate. That does not excuse his actions.

IMO, those kids were stupid. They brought the driver's reaction on themselves by running their mouthes. However, what they said was not illegal, but what he did was. Legally, it's cut-n-dried. Morally, logically, and/or common sense-wise, it isn't.

It isn't wise to walk into a biker bar and proclaim that Harley's and anyone who rides them sucks. You'll probably go home with a chrome tailpipe inserted in YOURS. Same priniciple.

He WAS provoked, if the report is accurate. That does not excuse his actions.

IMO, those kids were stupid. They brought the driver's reaction on themselves by running their mouthes. However, what they said was not illegal, but what he did was. Legally, it's cut-n-dried. Morally, logically, and/or common sense-wise, it isn't.

It isn't wise to walk into a biker bar and proclaim that Harley's and anyone who rides them sucks. You'll probably go home with a chrome tailpipe inserted in YOURS. Same priniciple.

Yes, the peaceful follower of Islam showed the tolerance and love of his culture and Religion

Much like libs show there tolerance toward those they disagree with

What the heck do moderates stand for? To me they are the people who are afraid to make up their minds because they are scared to offend anyone

I see these clowns days out from an election and they whine how they cannot make up their minds

To me they are a joke they enjoys all the attention the liberal media gives them

Do I sound like I can't make up my mind because I'm worried about offending anyone?

Maybe it's that I don't feel the need to interject my personal viewpoints in each and every instance into other people's lives.

A person who is undecided about an election is thinking. One who has made up his mind has also closed it.

Yes, the peaceful follower of Islam showed the tolerance and love of his culture and Religion

Much like libs show there tolerance toward those they disagree with

You really need to quit misrepresenting statments. I didn't say anything of the sort about the muslim showing the tolerance and love of his culture and religion. In fact, I said he was wrong to react as he did.

That isn't the same thing as saying he WAS provoked.

Much like right wing extremists show THEIR tolerance?

Do I sound like I can't make up my mind because I'm worried about offending anyone?

Maybe it's that I don't feel the need to interject my personal viewpoints in each and every instance into other people's lives.

A person who is undecided about an election is thinking. One who has made up his mind has also closed it.

You consider yourself a moderate? You sure do not sound like one or the the ones the liberal media fall all over each election cycle

If somebody cannot make a decision after more then one year of campaigning is unable to think

If somebody cannot make a decision after more then one year of campaigning is unable to think

Who says they don't? To me, somebody who makes up their mind without hearing the other side of the argument (and I assume you are in that mould, because I can't see you voting Dem, ever), is also unable to think and, at the very least, close-minded.

You consider yourself a moderate? You sure do not sound like one or the the ones the liberal media fall all over each election cycle

Not quite true. You and I have run into cordial disagreements on style. I do not buy into all the GOP buys into, actually little of it. Since 2000, until the last election they had a lock on 2 branches, spent alot and did less than they should have after 2001. Why? Differing reasons: immigration, polls, dissension...

Think about it a little more. What issues do you consider me an extremist on?

I'm extremist about Nationalism. Many of my beliefs are conservative in nature. I have a few liberal ones. I don't believe in restrictring myself to one ideological point of view on each and every topic.

And I don't like extreme right wingers any more than I like extreme left wingers. The common denominator being "extreme."

And you bet your ass I'm a registered independent and BOTH parties are going to kiss some ass around here if they want a vote.

If more than one candidate brings a complete package to the table, then how do you handle that? Flip a coin?

Not quite true. You and I have run into cordial disagreements on style. I do not buy into all the GOP buys into, actually little of it. Since 2000, until the last election they had a lock on 2 branches, spent alot and did less than they should have after 2001. Why? Differing reasons: immigration, polls, dissension...

Sorry to disagree with you on this one Kathy. Looking at the Dems right now, and how Dems are running things, I wonder how the Republicans who sat out last November feel now

Sorry to disagree with you on this one Kathy. Looking at the Dems right now, and how Dems are running things, I wonder how the Republicans who sat out last November feel now

I didn't and the Democrats so far are doing a better job of convincing the populace that they are more clueless than the GOP. Problem is, where are the alternatives?

Forum List

Back