toe nail removal

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i want to have a couple of toe nails removed completely..two weeks recovery no biggie...then husband objects...pointing out i dont wear open toes or sandals or go barefooted due to being diabetic and quickly reminds me that 80% of diabetic visits to hospitals are foot ulcers..he says its up to me..but suddenly my support team is sitting this one out...

anyone done this?

i want to have a couple of toe nails removed completely..two weeks recovery no biggie...then husband objects...pointing out i dont wear open toes or sandals or go barefooted due to being diabetic and quickly reminds me that 80% of diabetic visits to hospitals are foot ulcers..he says its up to me..but suddenly my support team is sitting this one out...

anyone done this?
My mother has but it is due to her autoimmune disease and she has had them pulled many years ago. I tried to do one and it was excruciatingly painful so I chickened out.

anyone done this?
My mother has but it is due to her autoimmune disease and she has had them pulled many years ago. I tried to do one and it was excruciatingly painful so I chickened out.
Your mom makes you look like a bitch :lol:

I had one pulled out not long after I'd joined the Navy. It was horribly ingrown.

Painful? I've been shot and it didn't hurt as bad as having my right large toenail removed.

Why do you want to have them removed?

anyone done this?
There are fungi issues that can enter the blood stream. If worried get a second opinion from a doctor. Do not dismiss doctors advice due to laymen advice. That being said it is never a bad idea to get a second opinion from a professional.

this is the 2nd opinion ....both have said the nails would be better off...cosmetically

they dont hurt so hubby is questioning doing it...

most of the time we cant really feel our feet....and if we get something in our feet ...we dont notice it...i check my feet and i am careful to wear shoes...the last time i was barefoot was at ocracoke island...you cant walk on the beach cause of shells...i see a foot doctor every 61 days to have my nails clipped and i have filament tests where they poke your foot with this filament to see if you feel...the a mini ulta sound to check your circulation...

Forum List

Back