Today's Sign That The Apocolypse Is Now Upon Us...Airline Drops Customer Service Line

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Frontier airlines will no longer let customers call a phone number in order to speak with a live agent. And while the budget airline is known for its cost-cutting measures, most major airlines still operate customer service lines.

Customers will instead have to rely on other ways to contact the airline: a chatbot on its website, a live chat available 24/7, its social media channels and even WhatsApp, according to Frontier spokesperson, Jennifer De La Cruz, who confirmed the news to NPR on Saturday.

The change, said De La Cruz, "enables us to ensure our customers get the information they need as expeditiously and efficiently as possible." She said the airline found that most customers preferred communicating through online channels.

When customers call the airline's now-defunct customer service line, they hear a prerecorded message telling travelers about the other options they have for contacting the airline.

"At Frontier, we offer the lowest fares in the industry by operating our airline as efficiently as possible," the airline's customer service line now replies.

===

I fly SW almost everywhere I go personally. Never had a major issue. My job, however, if the area I'm covering, if the drive is over 10 hours one way, they will fly me out there. This is going to be a major problem for me when I fly because seldom, if ever, is there a flight on Frontier without disruptions. The good news is that the few times I do have to fly will likely not start up again until March. Hopefully by then, the operators will be back at their posts.

frontier is an odd little airline...the baggage fees negate any saving on the tickets...the seats are metal covered in thin rubber

and you get a sales pitch for their credit cards during the last bit of the flight...

This is the reason free markets are so important- if you don't like a company, you can make a free will decision & choose to do business with another.
Regulations & other govt interference strangle the free market competition & end up giving us fewer choices.
This is why centrally controlled economies & industries perform so poorly

Frontier airlines will no longer let customers call a phone number in order to speak with a live agent. And while the budget airline is known for its cost-cutting measures, most major airlines still operate customer service lines.

Customers will instead have to rely on other ways to contact the airline: a chatbot on its website, a live chat available 24/7, its social media channels and even WhatsApp, according to Frontier spokesperson, Jennifer De La Cruz, who confirmed the news to NPR on Saturday.

The change, said De La Cruz, "enables us to ensure our customers get the information they need as expeditiously and efficiently as possible." She said the airline found that most customers preferred communicating through online channels.

When customers call the airline's now-defunct customer service line, they hear a prerecorded message telling travelers about the other options they have for contacting the airline.

"At Frontier, we offer the lowest fares in the industry by operating our airline as efficiently as possible," the airline's customer service line now replies.

===

I fly SW almost everywhere I go personally. Never had a major issue. My job, however, if the area I'm covering, if the drive is over 10 hours one way, they will fly me out there. This is going to be a major problem for me when I fly because seldom, if ever, is there a flight on Frontier without disruptions. The good news is that the few times I do have to fly will likely not start up again until March. Hopefully by then, the operators will be back at their posts.
If you fly SW why do care what Frontier does? If most people that prefer flying Frontier don’t mind communicating online, why worry. I prefer speaking to a live person, so Frontier isn’t an option for me, I’ll pay the higher price and I dislike SW, they have terrible human customer service.

If you fly SW why do care what Frontier does? If most people that prefer flying Frontier don’t mind communicating online, why worry. I prefer speaking to a live person, so Frontier isn’t an option for me, I’ll pay the higher price and I dislike SW, they have terrible human customer service.
I fly SW for personal use. My company puts me on Frontier.

Forum List

Back