Today I start training 2 new employees

I have to keep lying to him and saying I am keeping him on
Last week he upset a black guy then he got into a verbal altercation because a white trash guy did not wear a mask. Also even upset a few Latino folks
This turd will be flushed down

G-d will never bless liars. You should think about that. What goes around, comes around, as they say.
He lied to me about all his vacations and took advantage of me
Itā€™s nothing personal but itā€™s his own fault

I am a good guy and I wonā€™t enjoy firing him
Itā€™s going to be the hardest 15 min of November for me

Nothing anyone else does in your life, is an excuse for you. You will own up your own actions. Period.

When I get to Heaven, and G-d says "why did you do X?", the "well that guy...." isn't going to be a valid answer for me... or you.

Think about it carefully. You need to own your own choices. Otherwise, you are no better than him.
I am already hired 2 employees behind his back .so itā€™s all set in motion
I canā€™t afford 3 employees and just having 2 is going to cost me a good 15 percent more of my low Salary

I'm not sure what you think I'm pointing out.

If you have to fire someone, then fire someone. That is entirely your prerogative as the employer.

Here is my problem...... right here.... read what you wrote.

"He lied to me about all his vacations and took advantage of me"

"I have to keep lying to him and saying I am keeping him on"

You yourself said that you are getting rid of this guy because he lied to you.
Then you yourself said, that you have been lying to him.

You should fire yourself then. That's your own standards. Your words condemn you. You are just as bad as him, and if lying is grounds for firing someone according to what you said... then you should walk yourself out the door of your own company, and go find another job.

Now I don't think you should do that.... but that is what *YOU* said.

What you should do, is be truthful and honest, and be a man of your word, and never lie again. Do not be a liar.

And I'm going to warn you about one other thing. Your other employees, are watching you. I've seen it. If you tell him, that you are not going to fire him, and then you do.... your employees will know, and see you as a liar.

Yes, that employee might deserve it... but your employees now, every time you say anything, are going to wonder if you are lying to them as well.

I've watched it happen. I've talked with employees who said openly... yeah Bill was a jerk, but the boss is a liar.

Very very bad move on your part. You need to be a man of honor and integrity, whether this employee you are dealing with is or is not a man of honor and integrity.

I'm just saying you start justifying being a liar because "he deserved it", and you are going to find yourself being the victim of more people lying to you "Because you deserve it".

Don't do that. You need to have honor, and integrity. You need to be a man of your word. Lying can get you far, but eventually it will all come back on you.

I have to keep lying to him and saying I am keeping him on
Last week he upset a black guy then he got into a verbal altercation because a white trash guy did not wear a mask. Also even upset a few Latino folks
This turd will be flushed down

G-d will never bless liars. You should think about that. What goes around, comes around, as they say.
He lied to me about all his vacations and took advantage of me
Itā€™s nothing personal but itā€™s his own fault

I am a good guy and I wonā€™t enjoy firing him
Itā€™s going to be the hardest 15 min of November for me

Nothing anyone else does in your life, is an excuse for you. You will own up your own actions. Period.

When I get to Heaven, and G-d says "why did you do X?", the "well that guy...." isn't going to be a valid answer for me... or you.

Think about it carefully. You need to own your own choices. Otherwise, you are no better than him.
I am already hired 2 employees behind his back .so itā€™s all set in motion
I canā€™t afford 3 employees and just having 2 is going to cost me a good 15 percent more of my low Salary

I'm not sure what you think I'm pointing out.

If you have to fire someone, then fire someone. That is entirely your prerogative as the employer.

Here is my problem...... right here.... read what you wrote.

"He lied to me about all his vacations and took advantage of me"

"I have to keep lying to him and saying I am keeping him on"

You yourself said that you are getting rid of this guy because he lied to you.
Then you yourself said, that you have been lying to him.

You should fire yourself then. That's your own standards. Your words condemn you. You are just as bad as him, and if lying is grounds for firing someone according to what you said... then you should walk yourself out the door of your own company, and go find another job.

Now I don't think you should do that.... but that is what *YOU* said.

What you should do, is be truthful and honest, and be a man of your word, and never lie again. Do not be a liar.

And I'm going to warn you about one other thing. Your other employees, are watching you. I've seen it. If you tell him, that you are not going to fire him, and then you do.... your employees will know, and see you as a liar.

Yes, that employee might deserve it... but your employees now, every time you say anything, are going to wonder if you are lying to them as well.

I've watched it happen. I've talked with employees who said openly... yeah Bill was a jerk, but the boss is a liar.

Very very bad move on your part. You need to be a man of honor and integrity, whether this employee you are dealing with is or is not a man of honor and integrity.

I'm just saying you start justifying being a liar because "he deserved it", and you are going to find yourself being the victim of more people lying to you "Because you deserve it".

Don't do that. You need to have honor, and integrity. You need to be a man of your word. Lying can get you far, but eventually it will all come back on you.
I agree that I am just as bad as him ; however , if I fire him now , then I am stuck working 55 hrs a week with zero help

I hate lying and itā€™s never been in my DNA !!
I am not Chuck Schumer or Adam Schiff
I even told him that I am keeping him on .
Most of my customers donā€™t love me but they utterly hate him

This is one of the few times I really had to lie !!
Last time I lied was back in the 90s during a court case lol

Quasie, don't ever need to lie to a POS. Just do what needs to be done as owner/op/boss.

Guys using you, playing your easy, wide open nature.

Me? I'd do the extra hours and not deal with that crap.

Forum List

Back