To Replace Ginsberg Before the Election, Or Hold Off Until After the Election?

I'm torn over the replacing of Ms Ginsberg before the end of the year. On one hand, it would insure a conservative justice replacing her.
On the other hand, it would give the left a lot of negative ammunition to go after Trump for trying to replace her after what McConnell did in 2016.
Trump doesn't need the extra distraction during the campaigning, along with the msm going after him relentlessly for trying.
If he was upfront and saying that he's going to hold off, it could give him some positive momentum in the eyes of the voters in the swing states.
What say you?

Don't forget what Leningrad Lindsey said.

Zoom to :20 seconds, if you have the balls to watch this at all.

Republican hypocrisy at it's best.

Lindsey now supports going forward with nomination.

What would the democrats do if they had this very situation, BS?

I'm torn over the replacing of Ms Ginsberg before the end of the year. On one hand, it would insure a conservative justice replacing her.
On the other hand, it would give the left a lot of negative ammunition to go after Trump for trying to replace her after what McConnell did in 2016.
Trump doesn't need the extra distraction during the campaigning, along with the msm going after him relentlessly for trying.
If he was upfront and saying that he's going to hold off, it could give him some positive momentum in the eyes of the voters in the swing states.
What say you?
It’s not a option we need her seat filled, it could be a constitutional crisis if it’s not filled.. I would hold hearings ASAP

" And people wonder how old uncle Oddball became such a hardened cynic. "

I thought you were born that way. :eek:
Nope....Republicans campaigning like libertarians then governing like lolberal democrats did the trick.

Now they're about to do it again.....Used to piss me off, but I'm acclimated to it now.

BTW, that was the best post I've seen on the topic...Kudos.

What say you?
Antifa Spokesman Chuck Schumer will pull every trick that he can to stop Trump's judges.
Chuck loathes democracy because he can't function in it.

Trump needs to act immediately. To see the Democrats come unhinged like they did with Kavanaugh, just weeks before the election, will remind people of who they really are. This is a no brainer for Trump.

Lyin, cheatin, Moscow Mitch:

EiSTWEyWsAAKpec

Trump needs to act immediately. To see the Democrats come unhinged like they did with Kavanaugh, just weeks before the election, will remind people of who they really are. This is a no brainer for Trump.

EiSTWEyWsAAKpec
But, what would the democrats do in this situation?

The swing independent races are all within the MOE..

How will this affect their races? The vote will embolden both sides of the isle but right now the enthusiasm is on trumps side so the increase will be mostly republican voters.

Putting Barrett on the court will bring out more republican base voters than it will liberals simply due to the enthusiasm gap. This could change several races democrats think they have in the bag.

What say you?

I do not believe it would hurt Trump but McConnell and Senate GOP is a different story if they confirm his choice before this November Election...

McConnell kind of screwed the Senate GOP on this issue...

They don't have to confirm before the election---they can confirm the day or the week or the month after...........

EiSTWEyWsAAKpec
Wow!....A politician spun on a dime to have a completely opposite opinion today!

Knock me over with a feather.

What say you?

"Elections have consequences"-Barry Hussein Obama

What has that got to do with this?????
The asswipe Republican senators wouldn't even give Merrick Garland an interview in 2016.
None of them spoke with Garland at all.
But RBG isn't dead 24 hours and they are racing to replace her.
HYPOCRITES.
GOP SUCKS.

The Dem's already go after Trump 24/7/365 over everything and anything. One more item on their TDS hate list really isn't going to make a difference. ... :cool:
Oh, I agree, fully, Sunni, but it's the drip, drip, drip this close to the election with fresh meat on the table.

Trump won 2016 by putting pedal to the floor, balls to the wall, full steam ahead, no second guessing, never looking back.

2020, Trump starts making measured decisions, does the "sensible" thing and holds off replacing Ruth until after the election, then loses the election, Biden gets in and replaces Ruth with another Kagan.

You really want to gamble that?

What say you?

I do not believe it would hurt Trump but McConnell and Senate GOP is a different story if they confirm his choice before this November Election...

McConnell kind of screwed the Senate GOP on this issue...
If they try to hold hearings before the election, they likely won't have the votes to confirm. If they hold it after the election and Impeached Trump loses, they likely won't have the votes to confirm. Impeached Trump is probably going to need to be re-elected to name Ginsburg's replacement.

What say you?

The asswipe Republican senators wouldn't even give Merrick Garland an interview in 2016.
HYPOCRITES.
GOP SUCKS.

I think with your answer, you're saying that the democrats would put the nominee up
for a vote before the new Congress in 2021. Thank you for your honest answer.

EiSTWEyWsAAKpec
Wow!....A politician spun on a dime to have a completely opposite opinion today!

Knock me over with a feather.

A Republican, let's be clear.
And the Senate may not move on this.
There's many Republican senators who are in very tight races, like Spineless Susan Collins, who is another piece of GOP filth.

What say you?

HYPOCRITES.
GOP SUCKS.

Why am I not shocked you can't figure it out.

Trump is replacing Ginsberg, Sport. You need to accept that fact.

Replacing her before the election will cost at least a couple of republican senate seats and almost certainly cost Trump the presidency. If they proceed it's only because they have calculated that losing both is already a foregone conclusion.

Forum List

Back