To remember those currently serving...

I hate that you say "serving" in Iraq or anything like that. That implies that they are helping us citizens in any way shape or form. No. The only people who are being served by these oblivious "soldiers" are the corporate and government officials making money off of it.

They are serving because they volunteered to be the military force that the civilian leadership uses to defend us. They aren't the ones who decide where they go.

Is a firefighter serving by putting out a fire at a crackhouse? Is an EMT serving by intubating a suspected rapist?

Yes in both cases.
they're serving the crack fiends and the rapist

but I"m not about to get into a semantic argument with you. This has nothing to do with the word "serve" and all to do with the idea that we owe any kind of debt of gratitude to us military officials

It's okay if you don't get it. Many have served so that you can think and say whatever you want.

I hate that you say "serving" in Iraq or anything like that. That implies that they are helping us citizens in any way shape or form. No. The only people who are being served by these oblivious "soldiers" are the corporate and government officials making money off of it.

They are serving because they volunteered to be the military force that the civilian leadership uses to defend us. They aren't the ones who decide where they go.

Is a firefighter serving by putting out a fire at a crackhouse? Is an EMT serving by intubating a suspected rapist?

Yes in both cases.
they're serving the crack fiends and the rapist

but I"m not about to get into a semantic argument with you. This has nothing to do with the word "serve" and all to do with the idea that we owe any kind of debt of gratitude to us military officials

It's okay if you don't get it. Many have served so that you can think and say whatever you want.
lmao yeah they really saved me from those poor pakistani kids with rocks and militia that never even brought so much as a machine pistol to america before the soldiers were even doing anything related to pakistan.

Oh wait it was those scary WMD that only the US and israel are allowed to have right? I thought that Iraq had them anyway but it seems like they didn't exist.

THANK YOU SOLDIERS FOR KILLING ALL THOSE INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR ME, IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER KNOWING THAT LOTS OF ARABS DIED FOR NO REASON ;D LONG LIVE COUNTRY BUMPKINS WITH GUNS@!

My son was in the National Guard when he first graduated in 2001. After 9/11 he decided to join the Army full time. He had 3 deployments to Iraq. He decided he wanted to do more. His MO was 'fueler' and he hated it. He wanted to do something that could make a difference...so he worked hard to get where he is today. He's now in Psy Ops....His first deployment with the was 6 months in Afghanistan in 2013/14....came home and was awarded the Bronze Star for Merit. He's now spending 6 months in Germany (much safer! :) )...And all the time he's gone, he has a devoted wife and 3 kids at home that support everything he does. They've bought a nice home in NC (he's stationed at Bragg)...I couldn't be more proud of him.

I just edited my post to remove the information. I'm heartily agreeing with Asterism after reading some of the posts in other areas. How sad that I don't even feel safe posting about someone I love who's serving this country. I'm logging out and won't return.

images

A wise move.

The last couple of forums I was on if the..... more radical progressives found out enough personal info about a more conservative member they went so far as to post things about that member elsewhere... Like the that forum members workplace.

*****SMILE*****

:)

images

To all who are still serving, have served, and most especially those of us who have paid the ultimate sacrifice, I salute you.

Damaged Eagle: US Armed Forces Retired

*****SMILE*****

:)

If you have a family member or good friend who is currently serving in either of the wars, please post their name and a little about them. This is not a political thread nor will any political debate be tolerated. The thread is for one purpose only, so that those who wish to, can remember their people. Thanks everyone for honoring the intentions of this thread...to simply remember those who will not be with their families these holidays.
Why is Putin taking names now?

Forum List

Back