CDZ To Quarantine or Not to Quarantine?

How does wearing gloves help?

I suppose gloves could be taken off and replaced frequently using proper SOP for removal.

But if the gloves are worn for long periods of time, then I doubt they would help prevent C-19. Touching the face wearing contaminated gloves is no better than touching the face with contaminated hand skin.

Those latex ones are a pain, they don't fit my hands well and tear before I can get them all the way on. Others you wash and re-use, which I guess will work better and easier to get some brands in bigger sizes, and probably easier on your skin than constant washing your bare hands with anti-bacterial stuff.

No one uses latex gloves anymore. Modern gloves are nitrile (and are hypoallergenic).

Whatever; they all suck and tear easily, so I just use the regular kitchen types and wash them when I'm done.

Get better gloves.

I did, as I said I got those regular kitchen gloves and wash them when I'm done.

How is wearing gloves better than simply washing your hands for the C-19 virus?

It inhibits transmission to others.
How is wearing gloves for an hour and then washing hands after removal more effective in inhibiting transmission to others than simply washing one's hands after the hour has passed? Does the glove prevent the transmission better than skin? It's my understanding that people get infected by the virus getting into their respiratory systems, not through the skin. If I touch my face wearing gloves, is that better than touching my face with my bare hands?

How is wearing gloves for an hour and then washing hands after removal more effective in inhibiting transmission to others than simply washing one's hands after the hour has passed? Does the glove prevent the transmission better than skin? It's my understanding that people get infected by the virus getting into their respiratory systems, not through the skin. If I touch my face wearing gloves, is that better than touching my face with my bare hands?
Why do medical staff wear gloves?

Protocol

Screenshot from 2020-03-26 14-32-51.png

Yes. Wearing gloves was becoming more and more common anyway, as was people wearing masks, before this broke out. I was out this Sunday, and while traffic wasn't as thick as usual it was still pretty busy, and many stores were posting their phone numbers out front and you could call in and order what you wanted and they would bring it out to you, so they were at least trying to keep some of their people busy. I do miss browsing around in my regular stores, though, especially for music and books, and I don't much like eating in my car instead of sitting inside. Those are my minor snivels, and I'm not getting ulcers or anything over it.

Some folks are doing that here. It's all the little restaurants and food trucks taking a beating here. Folks are desperate for masks here. This morning I jumped on the bike and went exploring. I found that all the parks are open so I swung into jack in the box and grabbed breakfast and went to challenger 7 park and relaxed and ate. Gotta say, it was awesome having all that space to my self. After I ate I pretended I was on a sport bike and played motercycle racer. One poor guy was wearing a painters mask. That must have sucked.

The logical answer is to quarantine those who are at greatest health risk from Covid-19, and simply require others to wear masks and gloves when at work or in crowded public places. (The purpose of the masks and gloves is to protect others.) I predict that this will soon become standard policy once the hysteria subsides.

The logical answer is to quarantine those who are at greatest health risk from Covid-19, and simply require others to wear masks and gloves when at work or in crowded public places. (The purpose of the masks and gloves is to protect others.) I predict that this will soon become standard policy once the hysteria subsides.

We have a definite at risk group, why did we shut down all the jobs? Wouldn't it make more sense to create safe zones for the elderly and at risk people than to shut the whole country down?

It is not like you would have to quarantine all the elderly either. Many are able to self quarantine. My mother is doing this. There would have to be a way to safely get supplies to at risk people.

Only 20% of Covid-19 cases are serious and most patients, especially young ones, only have light symptoms, who should self-quarantine at home without going to the hospital and wait for up to a week to cure from the disease naturally, while avoiding any contact with others. When they are admitted to the hospital, they are likely to infect others like medical staffers and the elderly, creating a cluster of patients that we are trying to prevent from emerging. This could overwhelm the healthcare system, too.

Last edited:
Now I understand everyone's shit's emotional right now. But I've got a 3 point plan that's going to fix EVERYTHING!

1. If you are old or in bad health, stay home.
2. Everybody else, do what you were doing before but stay apart, wash your hands and cough into your arm.
3. Help each other.

For lots of reasons that don't answer the questions I asked previously. The girl I'm handing my credit/debit card to at the drive through burger joint isn't going to be sticking her finger up my ass to do a rectal exam.

Suppose the girl at the drive through window isn't wearing gloves. I hand her my debit card which has the C-19 virus on it. The virus gets on her hand. She touches her eyes and gets sick. Would wearing gloves prevent this? If she wears gloves and gets the virus on her gloves and then touches her eyes, doesn't it have the same effect.

Point is, the checkout clerk at the grocery store or drive through doesn't change gloves and wash hands for each customer. Medical staff do change gloves and wash hands for each patient, and they wear gloves because there are many "germs" other than the C-19 virus that could infect them though small cuts in their skin. The C-19 virus infects through the eyes, nose, face as a conduit to the respiratory system.

Yes. Wearing gloves was becoming more and more common anyway, as was people wearing masks, before this broke out. I was out this Sunday, and while traffic wasn't as thick as usual it was still pretty busy, and many stores were posting their phone numbers out front and you could call in and order what you wanted and they would bring it out to you, so they were at least trying to keep some of their people busy. I do miss browsing around in my regular stores, though, especially for music and books, and I don't much like eating in my car instead of sitting inside. Those are my minor snivels, and I'm not getting ulcers or anything over it.

Some folks are doing that here. It's all the little restaurants and food trucks taking a beating here. Folks are desperate for masks here. This morning I jumped on the bike and went exploring. I found that all the parks are open so I swung into jack in the box and grabbed breakfast and went to challenger 7 park and relaxed and ate. Gotta say, it was awesome having all that space to my self. After I ate I pretended I was on a sport bike and played motercycle racer. One poor guy was wearing a painters mask. That must have sucked.

Interesting info about the food trucks there; the three here near my place have lines they never had before. I was almost ready to hook up my smoker trailer and set up on the side of the road somewhere, but it sounded too much like work and having a job so I talked myself out of it.

Interesting info about the food trucks there; the three here near my place have lines they never had before. I was almost ready to hook up my smoker trailer and set up on the side of the road somewhere, but it sounded too much like work and having a job so I talked myself out of it.
If people stand too close together in the lines, it can of defeats the purpose of not dining inside of restaurants.

Mandating that people wear gloves and face masks is a hysterical reaction.,
But mandating that everyone stay home is not?
Didn't say that....I'm on record as saying that this is the greatest media generated mass hysteria since War of the Worlds....Magnitudes bigger, in fact.

I'm sure the number of cases is actually much larger, but most had mild cases and were never reported and tested, which makes the numbers being thrown around look much worse than the reality.

True, but another factor makes it much worse (besides the fact that no human was previously exposed so have no antibodies for this virus).

[survivors would have antibodies btw - this was known in 1918]

The Spanish Influenza killed c. 20 million people in 4 months and spread throughout the planet (St. Helena island was spared) - that is about a 1.5% death rate which may be the death rate for Corona.

The Bible taught quarantine without explaining why - e.g. touching a dead body made one "unclean" for days. Quarantine of those infected would clearly be an answer.

The problem is knowing who has this virus - allot harder than telling who had leprosy! A carrier person can be infected for up to 2 weeks before showing symptoms - others may never show symptoms - remember typhoid Mary!

There are a number of factors skewing the statistics - 2 are:

1. The death rate is based on confirmed cases of Covid-19. Those actually infected by Corona virus would be much higher - which lowers the death rate.

2. Those infected can take 2 weeks before symptoms and another 2 weeks before life threatening symptoms like pneumonia develop. This will raise the death rate.

Remember that the 1918 Spanish Influenza pandemic took 4 months to kill 1.5% of humans on earth, not 4 weeks.

The good news (sarcastically) is that modern science now has drugs to kill this virus! We have come a long way since 1918!

The 1918 influenza lasted over a year, not four months. It came in three waves spring 1918, fall 1918 (worst wave) and spring 1919.

I miss the Latina affection here. NOT in a perv way, assholes.
Used to be i'd go into the hardware and get a hug from Marcela and hold hands to go to the nut and bolt section while BS'ing and looking at her kids pics on the stupid phone. Then off to the farmacia for a hug from Roxy and BS for 10 minutes to buy some toothpaste. Then lil Adriana at the meat market and get a hug and a bite of whatever she cooked up for lunch that morning.
Go into the ice cream shop and Leslie says "try this" and hands me the spoon she's eating the fresh out of the mixer fruit blend of sherbet or whatever.The fear factor is here and we just toss a fist in the air or blow a kiss. They hold the kids from running to anyone for a hug.
Her husband took this. Just a haircut. Known her since she was in high school
earslower.jpg

If people stand too close together in the lines, it can of defeats the purpose of not dining inside of restaurants.

Yes. Most people in the lines I was in, at Costco among others, people stayed apart some distance, and one of the food trucks is set up as a drive thru. People around here are mostly being polite and and following the suggestions and rules, at least on this side of town. Store shelves are even getting back to normal, so the haorders must be running out of cash or they're finding out they aren't going to get rich trying to sell TP for $50 a roll, so buying is getting back to normal. Water is still a little tough, but Aldi's and other stores are putting limits on number of items one can purchase. My problem is I'm also shopping for a couple of other household, so I'm running for store to store trying to fill orders for stuff,and it's getting old.

New Topics

Forum List

Back