To mask or not to mask

Based on what I have been able to find on the internet, the best masks have a filter capability of .3 microns. A virus cell is .0125 microns. So would someone please explain how masks protect the wearer or anyone else?
My post on this subject from another thread:

How they work. The physical filtration capabilities of an n95 mask (or a standard HEPA filter for that matter) are for particles .3 microns and up. Physical filtration isn't terribly effective when you get below that. For smaller particles including viruses they're working on static attraction and and actual impact adhesion. They weigh almost nothing so tiny charges make them stick to the filters so that catches a lot. Then the physical impact and adhesion to the fibers. You've gotta realize that a particle that size doesn't travel in a straight line. It's so small its actually ping-ponging off of air molecules so I'm it's zig-zag path through the filter medium there is a high chance of getting stuck to the fibers. A standard HEPA filter with a rating of PM 2.5 (particulate matter 2.5 microns) is actually about 90% effective all the way down to 0.007 microns (7 nanometers) and the coronavirus averages 0.120 microns.

So yes, masks work

View attachment 361331

Masks work.

Wear yours.

your facebook meme is a lie.

Standard N95 mask performance was used as a control to compare the results with cloth masks, and our results suggest that cloth masks are only marginally beneficial in protecting individuals from particles<2.5 μm.

I'm rich as fuck, I have all sorts of "nice things"..

Thanks for asking.

How about doing something with it besides hanging around here?
Take your yacht for a cruise, or your Lambo for a joy ride.

I get seasick very easy, which is why I never joined the navy.

Never had a lambo, current whip:

bmw1.JPG

BMW M850i

way better than a lambo

But if you think a mask protects you, by all means wear one for the rest of your life, recycle your CO2 until you pass out from lack or oxygen---------go for it!!!!

Went to the clinic the other day with a mask on.

The Pulse Oximetry Test
Oxygen Saturation and What it Means for You

A pulse oximeter clips onto your finger and indirectly measures oxygen saturation. It shines light beams into the blood circulating in your capillaries, which reflect the amount of oxygen in the blood. Pulse oximeter readings are expressed as a percentage. As stated above, a reading of 94 to 99 percent or higher indicates normal oxygen saturation,

Still normal O2 levels while wearing a mask all morning.

Not.

It's nothing more than a symbol of blind compliance to people who haven't the fist idea of what they're talking about, and are too pig-headed to admit that they don't.

Any business that demands I wear one doesn't get my business.

I say yes and you are a prime example!!

A recent headline in the Washington Post reported, “Making men feel manly in masks is, unfortunately, a public-health challenge of our time.” Wearing face masks is proven to dramatically reduce infection rates and the resulting fatalities from COVID-19. But a public health challenge in America is… getting men to wear the damn masks? Seriously?
What gives? When did so many Americans become such a bunch of blithering idiots?
America’s response to the pandemic is especially damning when compared to most of the rest of the world, whose leaders listened to the experts and took the crisis seriously, and whose citizens acted according to that leadership.

In America, our ersatz president chose not to nationalize the response to the virus, while also encouraging various conspiracy theories. He recently admitted to slowing down testing because he thought the “numbers” made him look bad.

You people can play Russian Rotulet with your own lives but stay the fuck away from me

“Making men feel manly in masks is, unfortunately, a public-health challenge of our time.”

seems overly sexist and fucking stupid.

I wear one where required in a store, never outside. fuck murphy, fuck diblasio, fuck cuomo.
Fuck the grim reaper too.

Men who worry about not appearing to be " manly " have problems that not wearing a mask will not solve,

Not.

It's nothing more than a symbol of blind compliance to people who haven't the fist idea of what they're talking about, and are too pig-headed to admit that they don't.

Any business that demands I wear one doesn't get my business.

I say yes and you are a prime example!!

A recent headline in the Washington Post reported, “Making men feel manly in masks is, unfortunately, a public-health challenge of our time.” Wearing face masks is proven to dramatically reduce infection rates and the resulting fatalities from COVID-19. But a public health challenge in America is… getting men to wear the damn masks? Seriously?
What gives? When did so many Americans become such a bunch of blithering idiots?
America’s response to the pandemic is especially damning when compared to most of the rest of the world, whose leaders listened to the experts and took the crisis seriously, and whose citizens acted according to that leadership.

In America, our ersatz president chose not to nationalize the response to the virus, while also encouraging various conspiracy theories. He recently admitted to slowing down testing because he thought the “numbers” made him look bad.

You people can play Russian Rotulet with your own lives but stay the fuck away from me

“Making men feel manly in masks is, unfortunately, a public-health challenge of our time.”

seems overly sexist and fucking stupid.

I wear one where required in a store, never outside. fuck murphy, fuck diblasio, fuck cuomo.
Fuck the grim reaper too.

Men who worry about not appearing to be " manly " have problems that not wearing a mask will not solve,

I haven't seen this mythological anti-mask man worried about being emasculated.

Seems SJW bullshit to me.

Based on what I have been able to find on the internet, the best masks have a filter capability of .3 microns. A virus cell is .0125 microns. So would someone please explain how masks protect the wearer or anyone else?

The simple answer is they don't. But they do make one hell of a panacea and they also keep the drool and slober off of the wearers clothes so wearing one is not entirely without benefit but likey not worthwhile considering the cost.

Masks to keep out the bad while letting in the good for pennies

I have discovered that you can breathe through a coffee pot filter

If you take four (4) coffee pot filters stacked one on the other, you can breathe threw them with no difficulty.

Coffee filters are inexpensive, and you can find them anywhere

There is one drawback. I need to find a way to hold the filters against my face.

Once done my masks problems will be over

What say you----

One note,
through away your filter mask on a daily basses
and replace it with a fresh one
:)-

Last edited:
Masks to keep out the bad while letting in the good for pennies

I have discovered that you can breathe through a coffee pot filter

If you take four (4) coffee pot filters stacked one on the other, you can breathe threw them with no difficulty.

Coffee filters are inexpensive, and you can find them anywhere

There is one drawback. I need to find a way to hold the filters against my face.

Once done my masks problems will be over

What say you----

One note,
through away your filter mask on a daily basses
and replace it with a fresh one
:)-
You're a simple minded fucking idiot with absolutely no ability to understand simple scientific fundamentals. You also lack any concepts of scale or size.

They also make it worse by constantly touching surfaces then touch their mask where they breath.
If you made a drinking game out of every time Chuck Schumer (or Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi) touched their mask, you'd be as drunk as his voters that voted for him.

Forum List

Back