To FCT about changes:

Damaged Eagle

Behind blue eyes
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2015
I have hours, only lonely
flacaltenn some of us realize that the techs are busy and don't need to be micromanaged over minor issues. I think you realize now that I have a lot of empathy for them if you read the rest of those stories I forwarded to you. I'm putting this thread forward about some issues, that at least I would like, addressed when they have time to get around to it or if you know how to do it. So here we go...

1. Page numbering in the upper right hand corner of each post could be a little darker.

2. Someone brought up the suggestion of lightening the blue for the US Message Board header so the eagle is more visible. I like that idea also.

3. A little darker shade in the quoted areas would be nice so the screen doesn't seem so white/bright. A little more definition for the horizontal lines in the quoted posts would be great too.

4. I preferred the old New Topics (threads) at the side of the page instead of what's being responded to currently. I also mentioned that I had started at thread that requested that a button be installed at the bottom to click on to take a person to a page where all the new topics (threads) for the day would be displayed. That way I don't have to search every forum to look to see what new threads there are. NOTE: That suggestion drew several likes in the thread you closed.

5. Oh!!! I'd still like some cowboy and pirate smileys available.

Anyway these are things I'd like to see addressed if possible. If it's a matter of my not knowing how to do it myself and you can guide me through these difficult times it would be appreciated. I'm opening this thread up for people to offer suggestions of what they would like addressed and am asking them to keep it short and civil so that you and the mods can provide answers and address these items.

Thank you for your patience.
Damaged Eagle

1585081775668.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

flacaltenn some of us realize that the techs are busy and don't need to be micromanaged over minor issues. I think you realize now that I have a lot of empathy for them if you read the rest of those stories I forwarded to you. I'm putting this thread forward about some issues, that at least I would like, addressed when they have time to get around to it or if you know how to do it. So here we go...

1. Page numbering in the upper right hand corner of each post could be a little darker.

2. Someone brought up the suggestion of lightening the blue for the US Message Board header so the eagle is more visible. I like that idea also.

3. A little darker shade in the quoted areas would be nice so the screen doesn't seem so white/bright. A little more definition for the horizontal lines in the quoted posts would be great too.

4. I preferred the old New Topics (threads) at the side of the page instead of what's being responded to currently. I also mentioned that I had started at thread that requested that a button be installed at the bottom to click on to take a person to a page where all the new topics (threads) for the day would be displayed. That way I don't have to search every forum to look to see what new threads there are. NOTE: That suggestion drew several likes in the thread you closed.

5. Oh!!! I'd still like some cowboy and pirate smileys available.

Anyway these are things I'd like to see addressed if possible. If it's a matter of my not knowing how to do it myself and you can guide me through these difficult times it would be appreciated. I'm opening this thread up for people to offer suggestions of what they would like addressed and am asking them to keep it short and civil so that you and the mods can provide answers and address these items.

Thank you for your patience.
Damaged Eagle

View attachment 314798

*****SMILE*****

I know some of these things are on the list.. I was hoping Xenforo would offer "user preferences" for the "skin" issue, but apparently that's not in the new version... I've designed DOZENS of user graphic interfaces... They are not DESIGNED anymore for egonomics... Light blues and light purples fall in a HUGE gap in human eye sensitivity.. The addicted members will eventually go crazy mental or blind with the choice of color schemes here.

So I'm hoping that they will pick something less "pastely" and more primary saturated colors..

Trying to read the post #s WILL make the mods crazier than they are now.. But a new SKIN will fix that..

I'll wait a day on OTHER requests and only bug Admin on the priority stuff first.. Maybe submit a "weekly" list...

Thanks

1585084939729.png

Seems to me the color scheme should be something an administrator could select and set so no one else can change and not necessarily a tech issue. Since the administrator is the one supposedly in charge of the board and it's basic look. Techs should only have to worry about programming issues and changes/additions that the admin types want installed. If not it was poor planning on the designers part.

*****SMILE*****

Would love to get rid of a couple fornicating or fellating smileys for some pirates.. Can't have Cowboys because they are country rubes, killed indians, and not PC anymore... LOL....
Yeah I demand a different font! Like this!

View attachment 315203

I'd do it for April dude.. But it doesn't fit your style....
FIne. I'm leaving. Taking her with me.
Ok ok I'll leave her!

View attachment 315801

9. Where's the Supporting Member advertisement section that use to be on the right hand side there flacaltenn ?

*****SMILE*****

Oh HECK?? We're not shaking members for DONATIONS ANYMORE??? Send out the Bat Signal.. Release the hounds.. Batten the hatches... This is SERIOUS !!!!

I'm sure they'll get back to pestering folks to donate.. For instance, haven't seen 2 foot long "click bait" ads at the bottom of every page yet.. There's probably more to come...

View attachment 315801

9. Where's the Supporting Member advertisement section that use to be on the right hand side there flacaltenn ?

*****SMILE*****

Oh HECK?? We're not shaking members for DONATIONS ANYMORE??? Send out the Bat Signal.. Release the hounds.. Batten the hatches... This is SERIOUS !!!!

I'm sure they'll get back to pestering folks to donate.. For instance, haven't seen 2 foot long "click bait" ads at the bottom of every page yet.. There's probably more to come...

1585278516003.png

Was just curious. I answered a posters question yesterday about the number of posters that can be in PM in this thread...

However I don't remember the exact numbers allowed in PM conversations for the different membership levels....... Would have been easier and I wouldn't be bothering you about it if I knew where you mislaid your membership advertisement since the answers to those items are there. Guess now I know...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Attachments

• 1585278205418.png
    1585278205418.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Would love to get rid of a couple fornicating or fellating smileys for some pirates.. Can't have Cowboys because they are country rubes, killed indians, and not PC anymore... LOL....
1585609130227.png

Damn!!! So I'll never get to be a famous and have star on my door unless I go to Hollywood or somethin'?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Forum List

Back