To correct a common misconception regarding embassy sovereignty

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
With rare exception, diplomatic missions are NOT the sovereign soil of the represented nation. The host nation has various obligations to the mission (such as not entering it w/o the approval of the represented nation, diplomatic immunity, etc.) but these obligations exist because the host nation signed the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, not because the represented nation has sovereignty on the soil of the mission. If a host nation were to enter a diplomatic mission without permission of the represented nation, they are violating the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, but they are not violating sovereignty.

Just for the record.

I don't give a good damn how you liberal traitors word it.. AMERICAN DEATHS ARE AMERICAN DEATHS.

I think they are trying to say it wasn't US soil so it was perfectly fine for the wonderful citizens to attack.

I think they are trying to say it wasn't US soil so it was perfectly fine for the wonderful citizens to attack.

the libs are relly getting close to that line of saying well its their own fault.

only in what passes for your mind, sonny

how come if this was under bush there would be blood in the street, and i have yet to seen anyone being fired over this.

Show me where this country is going to try and prevent this in the future. show me all the things youd be screaming at if this was under Bush and than we'll go from there. All ive seen from libs is defend and deflect. I want to see someone fired over this.

the libs are relly getting close to that line of saying well its their own fault.

only in what passes for your mind, sonny

how come if this was under bush there would be blood in the street, and i have yet to seen anyone being fired over this.

Show me where this country is going to try and prevent this in the future. show me all the things youd be screaming at if this was under Bush and than we'll go from there. All ive seen from libs is defend and deflect. I want to see someone fired over this.

tissue?

maybe if you stamp your feet and hold your breath...

I don't give a good damn how you liberal traitors word it.. AMERICAN DEATHS ARE AMERICAN DEATHS.

This OP has nothing to do with American deaths you dumb bitch

/ignore

ur ignoring her because u are insulting her and showing your class, im pretty sure you did her a favor.

Note how sinjorri doesn't take into account cumslinger's initial insult...which is the reason I treat people like I've been treated....hence....me calling her cumslinger.

But I don't expect someone like sinjorri to do anything different.

With rare exception, diplomatic missions are NOT the sovereign soil of the represented nation. The host nation has various obligations to the mission (such as not entering it w/o the approval of the represented nation, diplomatic immunity, etc.) but these obligations exist because the host nation signed the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, not because the represented nation has sovereignty on the soil of the mission. If a host nation were to enter a diplomatic mission without permission of the represented nation, they are violating the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, but they are not violating sovereignty.

Just for the record.

We know....To what end do we owe for this shocking "gee you learn something new everyday revelation"?

Just for the record.

It turns out that PooP is still stupid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back