To change Christianity to be more inclusive?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
I watched last man standing, sitcom with Tim Allen. His son in law, said the christmas crib should be changed because it is a purely christian scenary, it should be more inclusive of jews and muslims and zoroastrians?

Reminds me also of this what I saw on facebook
modernchristians.jpg

To me it doesnt mean that christianity is not inclusive if it stays true to its principles of its faith, still everyone is welcomed to convert and believe in jesus, but if you replace jesus with allah or the jewish god it is not christianity anymore though. That doesnt mean inclusive. And also I doubt jews would be inclusive of jesus and mary on hannukah or muslims on eid they wont be inclusive of christian beliefs. To stay true to christian beliefs doesnt mean you are a racist or something, it is still everyone welcomed to believe in jesus and go to church and get baptised. It is a difference though to replace the christian god with other gods.

There isn't a problem with Christianity not accepting others to share their religion and beliefs. The problem is when they condemn others because they don't all share the Christian beliefs. Believe what you want, and worship how ever you please, but you don't have a right to demand others follow your beliefs. If Christianity would concentrate on what Jesus taught more than they do their dogma, there would be fewer problems between them and those who don't happen to share their faith.

There isn't a problem with Christianity not accepting others to share their religion and beliefs. The problem is when they condemn others because they don't all share the Christian beliefs. Believe what you want, and worship how ever you please, but you don't have a right to demand others follow your beliefs. If Christianity would concentrate on what Jesus taught more than they do their dogma, there would be fewer problems between them and those who don't happen to share their faith.

You also demand not to believe in it, so it is the same. Everyone tries to make a influence according to his beliefs. A christian can just as much do politics for his beliefs and according to his principles and conscious as everyone else. Everyone does.

You also demand not to believe in it, so it is the same. Everyone tries to make a influence according to his beliefs. A christian can just as much do politics for his beliefs and according to his principles and conscious as everyone else. Everyone does.

It is not the same. You can have any beliefs you want, but you don't have the right to force them on me. Just like I have a right to have my own beliefs, but I don't have the right to force you to believe as I do. You don't get that?

You'll note I didn't mention politics.

It is not the same. You can have any beliefs you want, but you don't have the right to force them on me. Just like I have a right to have my own beliefs, but I don't have the right to force you to believe as I do. You don't get that?

But you do force me to your beliefs, or at least liberals do why they punish christian bakers if they reject to bake a wedding cake for gays? You do the same. Everyone does. You have the belief "not to belief" that is also a belief. Maybe not you as in singular but the liberals.

But you do force me to your beliefs, or at least liberals do why they punish christian bakers if they reject to bake a wedding cake for gays? You do the same. Everyone does. You have the belief "not to belief" that is also a belief. Maybe not you as in singular but the liberals.

I personally believe a bakery doing business with the public should be required to bake a cake for anyone who pays for it, but the Supreme court disagrees with me. What I believe in that matter doesn't count.

I personally believe a bakery doing business with the public should be required to bake a cake for anyone who pays for it, but the Supreme court disagrees with me. What I believe in that matter doesn't count.

Thats only becasue of Trump, and he is a christian who forced here his belief on people like you, but you want to force your belief on us. So you see it is the same. Under Obama the Supreme court ruled differently.

Thats only becasue of Trump, and he is a christian who forced here his belief on people like you, but you want to force your belief on us. So you see it is the same. Under Obama the Supreme court ruled differently.

No. in 2017, Trump had appointed no judges to the court. The president isn't supposed to have any influence on court rulings anyway. Trump had nothing to do with that ruling.

No. in 2017, Trump had appointed no judges to the court. The president isn't supposed to have any influence on court rulings anyway. Trump had nothing to do with that ruling.

just weird that under obama it was different, im sure it was because of trump.

just weird that under obama it was different, im sure it was because of trump.

You are certainly free to believe that. You're wrong, but you can believe it if you wish. The facts show differently.

I watched last man standing, sitcom with Tim Allen. His son in law, said the christmas crib should be changed because it is a purely christian scenary, it should be more inclusive of jews and muslims and zoroastrians?

Reminds me also of this what I saw on facebook
View attachment 407301

To me it doesnt mean that christianity is not inclusive if it stays true to its principles of its faith, still everyone is welcomed to convert and believe in jesus, but if you replace jesus with allah or the jewish god it is not christianity anymore though. That doesnt mean inclusive. And also I doubt jews would be inclusive of jesus and mary on hannukah or muslims on eid they wont be inclusive of christian beliefs. To stay true to christian beliefs doesnt mean you are a racist or something, it is still everyone welcomed to believe in jesus and go to church and get baptised. It is a difference though to replace the christian god with other gods.

Islam theology is becoming what like Christianity was and is going back to. Also Jews wrote the Bible, even the NT. The US is becoming more like the orthodox Jews and Islam of the ancient times, esp with all the conservatives on the bench.

Forum List

Back