To all those who believe rights come from the state

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I know some of you don't like God-given rights and I accept that but if someone believes that their rights come from God does that interfere with your right to believe they come from the state? I'm willing to accept that you believe that for yourself but can't others believe differently? Do they not have the right to claim that part of their humanity for themselves?

I know some of you don't like God-given rights and I accept that but if someone believes that their rights come from God does that interfere with your right to believe they come from the state? I'm willing to accept that you believe that for yourself but can't others believe differently? Do they not have the right to claim that part of their humanity for themselves?

God has given no person, at any time, any of their rights. No rights are given from a Monotheistic God Head Figure. God has nothing to do with it.

Rights are granted by the state. Too believe otherwise is to deny reality.

"rights" are granted by others. not God.
If enough other people think you should not do something they will keep you from doing it.
"rights" are granted by the society in which you live.

Is it a God-given right to bear arms?

Anyone is free to believe what they want. Believing doesn't make a person right. Our rights are what we grant each other.

It isn't a matter of belief. It's not liek someone believes that Jesus is the messiah and I disagree and we can all respect each other.
It is demonstrable that rights do not come from god. It is demonstrable that individuals have no rigths that cannot be taken away from them.
So rights must come from somewhere else. In fact rights come from society as a whole. Government simply annunciates those rights and enforces them.

You betcha.

You betcha.

So, where does it say that God granted people the right to have guns?

And if you quote the Constitution, realize that the Constitution was not written by God, but rather by men.

It isn't a matter of belief. It's not liek someone believes that Jesus is the messiah and I disagree and we can all respect each other.
It is demonstrable that rights do not come from god. It is demonstrable that individuals have no rigths that cannot be taken away from them.
So rights must come from somewhere else. In fact rights come from society as a whole. Government simply annunciates those rights and enforces them.

Daayum! I hope this does not happen too often. I agree with the Rabbi.

Daayum! I hope this does not happen too often. I agree with the Rabbi.

JESUS, MARY, AND JOSEPH!!! I agree with the Ribeye too!

THere is a difference...no a GREAT difference between having rights and being allowed to exercise your rights.

You are born with the right to do whatever your heart pleases and whatever your body allows.

You opt to live in an environment that has laws that limit your rights...and interestingly enough, you have the riught to change that environemtn to another if you believe another enoivironment allows you to exercise rights the first does not allow.

Me three. At first I thought I must have misread but there is no denying it, the Rabbi made sense.

Forum List

Back