To all those on the left who question the faith of evangelicals for voting Trump

Practicing, depends on how you define it. Have been looking for a new church since covid came. My old church, that had a food bank and handed out food every week after service (mostly serving addicts), was already having financial trouble before lockdown, since their base was mostly addicts with not a lot of disposable income. Now they’re done for good. I have problems with the modern American church, though not at all the problems that many on left and this thread have listed. So I haven’t really been to church since lockdown, and before my previous church, my attendance was spotty at best. Like I said, I have problems with the modern American church, so finding one where I can listen to the sermon without being bugged about the cost they spent on amenities and designs they put into the church has been tough.
Interesting. Is it a mostly white church? Also, I'm curious to know what are the problems you have with the modern American church.

No one who is a true Christian will vote for Donald Trump. Maybe they need to review the Sermon on the Mount and consider Trump's words and deeds at rallies and in tweets before they vote.

It's always hilarious when people who hate Christians, Christianity, and God Himself believe they can dictate what Christians should think and do.

Stay in your lane, Skippy.

It’s always ridiculous when cons try to claim that liberals aren’t Christians or they hate Christians. Obviously the religious right hates the Constitution, and is trying to overturn it, but we never mention THAT. They want religious tests for public office. They want to be free to discriminate against "sinners".

The religious right already have private church schools to keep their little darlings from mixing with anyone who isn't straight, white, and fundamentalist. At this schools, they that global warning is a hoax. The earth is 6000 years old, and evolution is a lie. They send their children to these private schools because the public schools are "brainwashing" their children.

The religous right has aligned themselves with the KKK, white supremacists, and bigots, racists, and right wing terrorists - all of whom are right at home in today's Republican Party.

Christians my ass.

You have some tremendously stupid ideas about Christians.

Yes, there are a handful of people who believe the things you claim. No, they are not as common as you insist -- or, more likely, as you're told to insist.

Yes, the left hates Christians. I don't know why you even bother to insist it isn't a fact.

No dave, the left hates Trump ,,That's who supposed Christians support. You lump yourself with this garbage ,,what do you expect?

I bet you blame rape victims for getting raped. Hey, they deserved it, right?

The left hates Christians. This is not up for debate. Own it.

I get called a leftist on here all the time. I am a Christian.

Anyone can say anything on the internet.

I suppose so. Do you have a problem with my beliefs being anti-christian?

It's not me you have to answer to.

The same holds true of you. What are you going to say to St. Peter when he asks you how you could vote for a man who tears babies out of their mothers' arms? Who rapes women and then brags about it? Who is trying to force people to work without any protections, and who has allowed 140,000 Americans to die while he goes golfing every weekend.

A liar, an adulterer, and who knowingly allowed the Kurds to be murdered in Syria. Who ordered the death of the Iranian security chief?

Good luck with that.

Since St. Peter won't be getting his list of questions from the DNC, I don't think we need to worry about it. And since your evil, false-prophet ass won't be getting anywhere near ol' Pete, you don't need to worry about it, either.

That you think otherwise, shows how morally and intellectually bankrupt Republicans truly are.

People who think differently and vote differently are not morally bankrupt, they simply disagree with you.

You are simply too arrogant for your own good.

Um, people who will vote for trump come next November, and those who vote in Kentucky and support McConnell are ethically bankrupt. I say that because these two, Trump and Moscow Mitch, are pulling apart our form of governance, that being the Separation of Power and the Mission and Vision Statement left to us in the Preamble to the Constitution.

I suggest anyone who is at this time still supporting these self serving jerks read this short paragraph and ask what Trump and/or McConnell have done to:
  • form a more perfect Union,
  • establish Justice,
  • insure domestic Tranquility,
  • provide for the common defense,
  • promote the general Welfare, and
  • secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity,

Um, people who will vote for Trump come next November do not recognize or respect your self-assumed qualifications to judge their ethics. Before you prance around, telling us how we haven't measured up to your "standards", please name for me one person who has EVER allocated you that authority over them.

You have nothing whatsoever to say to the people you arrogantly presume to lecture. Accept the reality of what a complete non-entity you are, and address us with the appropriate humility in the future.

Seems my question really pissed you off, so much so that you wrote a long personal attack and yet could not cobble together a rational and reasoned rebuttal.

I suggest you take two Xanax pills and then consider my post for what it is: A post written on a political message board where opinions - especially those with evidence linked - are to be considered.

I read your comment, and I responded in the manner of a gentleman, within the rules and with an opinion which is supported by empirical evidence.

Seems you're spewing Set Answer #2 at me: "Never mind your words. You responded, so that means I'm RIGHT!"

My response wasn't that long, although I realize that your reading skills and attention span probably don't extend beyond one sentence with short words.

I suggest you find yourself someone who's not a leftist to read my response and explain it to you, and stop wasting my time making a fool out of yourself like this.

Hey, is PoliticalChic your mentor? Both of you use personal attacks which are logical fallacies, and both of you cannot or will not write an expository rebuttal, or to be civil when challenged.

No, dumbass, we're allies. Unlike leftists, people on the right don't require someone to tell them what to think and how to think it.

Both of us call you for what you are. If you view that as an "insult", then perhaps you should consider improving yourself, rather than whining about how we're not viewing you as nicely as you'd like.

Also, both of us DO write expository rebuttal, and your third-grade mentality skims right past it and focuses on getting butthurt that we weren't "nice" to you. That's not our problem.

Finally, we're civil to a number of people when challenged. It depends entirely on whether the person making the challenge is deserving of respect and courtesy, and whether their "challenge" does. As your challenges consist entirely of trying to make us be ashamed that you don't approve of us - as though the approval of a pissant non-entity matters - you are treated as you deserve. Your hurt feelings are as irrelevant as your judgments.
What to think and how to think it ??? LOL as a rump supporter that's what you're guilty of Remember stupid is forever

That you think otherwise, shows how morally and intellectually bankrupt Republicans truly are.

People who think differently and vote differently are not morally bankrupt, they simply disagree with you.

Um, people who will vote for trump come next November, and those who vote in Kentucky and support McConnell are ethically bankrupt. I say that because these two, Trump and Moscow Mitch, are pulling apart our form of governance, that being the Separation of Power and the Mission and Vision Statement left to us in the Preamble to the Constitution.

I suggest anyone who is at this time still supporting these self serving jerks read this short paragraph and ask what Trump and/or McConnell have done to:
  • establish Justice,

Um, people who will vote for Trump come next November do not recognize or respect your self-assumed qualifications to judge their ethics. Before you prance around, telling us how we haven't measured up to your "standards", please name for me one person who has EVER allocated you that authority over them.

You have nothing whatsoever to say to the people you arrogantly presume to lecture. Accept the reality of what a complete non-entity you are, and address us with the appropriate humility in the future.

Seems my question really pissed you off, so much so that you wrote a long personal attack and yet could not cobble together a rational and reasoned rebuttal.

I suggest you take two Xanax pills and then consider my post for what it is: A post written on a political message board where opinions - especially those with evidence linked - are to be considered.

I read your comment, and I responded in the manner of a gentleman, within the rules and with an opinion which is supported by empirical evidence.

Seems you're spewing Set Answer #2 at me: "Never mind your words. You responded, so that means I'm RIGHT!"

My response wasn't that long, although I realize that your reading skills and attention span probably don't extend beyond one sentence with short words.

I suggest you find yourself someone who's not a leftist to read my response and explain it to you, and stop wasting my time making a fool out of yourself like this.

Hey, is PoliticalChic your mentor? Both of you use personal attacks which are logical fallacies, and both of you cannot or will not write an expository rebuttal, or to be civil when challenged.

No, dumbass, we're allies. Unlike leftists, people on the right don't require someone to tell them what to think and how to think it.

Both of us call you for what you are. If you view that as an "insult", then perhaps you should consider improving yourself, rather than whining about how we're not viewing you as nicely as you'd like.

Also, both of us DO write expository rebuttal, and your third-grade mentality skims right past it and focuses on getting butthurt that we weren't "nice" to you. That's not our problem.

Finally, we're civil to a number of people when challenged. It depends entirely on whether the person making the challenge is deserving of respect and courtesy, and whether their "challenge" does. As your challenges consist entirely of trying to make us be ashamed that you don't approve of us - as though the approval of a pissant non-entity matters - you are treated as you deserve. Your hurt feelings are as irrelevant as your judgments.
What to think and how to think it ??? LOL as a rump supporter that's what you're guilty of Remember stupid is forever

"LOL" No, as a TDS sufferer, that's what you parrot back at us, because you think if it works against you, it just works generally.

Remember, stupid and evil are REALLY forever.

• establish Justice,

"Um, people who will vote for Trump come next November do not recognize or respect your self-assumed qualifications to judge their ethics. Before you prance around, telling us how we haven't measured up to your "standards", please name for me one person who has EVER allocated you that authority over them."

Jesus, read the post in my comment you've mocked.

An ad hominem is not a rebuttal; it is a logical fallacy and one used by someone who has not taken and passed a course in English Compositions.

• establish Justice,

"Um, people who will vote for Trump come next November do not recognize or respect your self-assumed qualifications to judge their ethics. Before you prance around, telling us how we haven't measured up to your "standards", please name for me one person who has EVER allocated you that authority over them."

Jesus, read the post in my comment you've mocked.

An ad hominem is not a rebuttal; it is a logical fallacy and one used by someone who has not taken and passed a course in English Compositions.

I never said it was a rebuttal. I said your posts DON'T MERIT a rebuttal.

Perhaps YOU should pass a course in Remedial Reading Comprehension before you start putting on airs at others.

If you want me to answer your posts with respect, you're going to have to write posts that deserve it. I'm not a leftist, and I don't applaud people for breathing.

• establish Justice,

Don't be so pretentious, you do not hurt my feelings. And if you think you are capable of composing an expository essay, post one. I've yet to read one from you or PoliticalChic, since the posts of you and she rarely provide any probative evidence to establish a credible judgment.

When challenged your anger and hers are palatable and pathological and the response is always a personal attack. Of course you will claim this last paragraph is ironic, and that I am attacking you. That is because you are not interpreting what an ad hominem is, and what is criticism - they are much different.

If my posts are not worth the merit, you spend a lot of words attacking me and not my words. That's why I easily infer you don't have a clue how to write a credible rebuttal.

The same holds true of you. What are you going to say to St. Peter when he asks you how you could vote for a man who tears babies out of their mothers' arms? Who rapes women and then brags about it? Who is trying to force people to work without any protections, and who has allowed 140,000 Americans to die while he goes golfing every weekend.

A liar, an adulterer, and who knowingly allowed the Kurds to be murdered in Syria. Who ordered the death of the Iranian security chief?

Good luck with that.
If you're using the threat of God's punishment to get me to vote for Democrats, it's hilarious how badly that's going to fail.

And you're all hearbroke over the death of Iran's head terrorist?

Eat shit.

It's not me you have to answer to.

Of course not but it is you that made the statement.
I calls 'em likes I sees 'em.

Of course with your hands over your eyes and ears to avoid seeing or hearing the evil of the Trump presidency, you calls them like Trump tells you to.
Oh, I hear about it, all right. You bozos screech endlessly about it.

But given the evils you support, your concern is less than credible.

Practicing, depends on how you define it. Have been looking for a new church since covid came. My old church, that had a food bank and handed out food every week after service (mostly serving addicts), was already having financial trouble before lockdown, since their base was mostly addicts with not a lot of disposable income. Now they’re done for good. I have problems with the modern American church, though not at all the problems that many on left and this thread have listed. So I haven’t really been to church since lockdown, and before my previous church, my attendance was spotty at best. Like I said, I have problems with the modern American church, so finding one where I can listen to the sermon without being bugged about the cost they spent on amenities and designs they put into the church has been tough.
Interesting. Is it a mostly white church? Also, I'm curious to know what are the problems you have with the modern American church.
It’s a core of like maybe 20 people non addicts, probably 60-75% white, 25 black, and then me. Then another 20-30 addicts, some regulars, some come only once a month or so etc. That group is pretty evenly mixed 50/50 white and black. It’s in a mostly black neighborhood.

As far as my problems with the church, I had an atheist friend tell me a stat about the church that 85% of churches money on aberage goes into its infrastructure. And I never had a good response to that. Granted, I know that’s their place of worship, that’s where they’ll carry out a lot of their ministry and service to the community...but the best you can do is pour 85% of tithes you’re receiving into a building? The church buildings have become the new golden calf in the American church. The Israelites after they were delivered out of Egypt pooled all their gold together to make the calf in order to have a material thing to worship the god that just delivered them out of Egypt. Obviously this really pissed off Moses and obviously God, since Moses was coming down from a mountain he just climbed with heavy ass stone tablets that told them not to do that. That’s what the church buildings are. This hit me when I was going to another church years ago, and they had a huge fundraising campaign to re-model a perfectly fine sanctuary, that needed updating because “the red carpet in there was a little outdated”, and they spent 200,000 dollars doing this remodel. I knew as single mom who lived 2 blocks away who was having trouble paying for her oil to heat her house. Like get the fuck out of here. Imagine how much good and how far that 200,000 would go to people of need in the community around them. I guess because America is a such wealthy country the American church has gotten into the habit of mainly sending the money they’re not spending on infrastructure to missionaries over seas, which is a good thing, a lot of great work and aid being done in those countries. But they’ve drifted away from putting an emphasis on serving the community around them. That’s not to say they never do serve the community around them, the vast majority do, but not like they could be doing. Don’t get me wrong, like Jesus says “man doesn’t live on bread alone,” meaning there’s more to the church and service than materialism and money, absolutely 100%. But it’s also just like Jesus’ parable of the foolish steward, whose master went away and he buried his master money in a jar and just waited for his return, instead of investing it and making more. Like the church is getting this money from their parishioners and the best they can do is pump it into a building that gets used maybe 2-3 days a week for a total of maybe 12 hours. Get the fuck out of here, the church needs to actively try to serve the community around it much more, and be out there trying to help the people who are hurting, and those people are EVERYWHERE. Doesn’t mean they’re bad people, they’re not, not even close. They’ve just been stuck in this “well this is how to run a church” way since the church was way more prevalent than it is now back in the day. That’s my church rant.

It’s a core of like maybe 20 people non addicts, probably 60-75% white, 25 black, and then me. Then another 20-30 addicts, some regulars, some come only once a month or so etc. That group is pretty evenly mixed 50/50 white and black. It’s in a mostly black neighborhood.

As far as my problems with the church, I had an atheist friend tell me a stat about the church that 85% of churches money on aberage goes into its infrastructure. And I never had a good response to that. Granted, I know that’s their place of worship, that’s where they’ll carry out a lot of their ministry and service to the community...but the best you can do is pour 85% of tithes you’re receiving into a building? The church buildings have become the new golden calf in the American church. The Israelites after they were delivered out of Egypt pooled all their gold together to make the calf in order to have a material thing to worship the god that just delivered them out of Egypt. Obviously this really pissed off Moses and obviously God, since Moses was coming down from a mountain he just climbed with heavy ass stone tablets that told them not to do that. That’s what the church buildings are. This hit me when I was going to another church years ago, and they had a huge fundraising campaign to re-model a perfectly fine sanctuary, that needed updating because “the red carpet in there was a little outdated”, and they spent 200,000 dollars doing this remodel. I knew as single mom who lived 2 blocks away who was having trouble paying for her oil to heat her house. Like get the fuck out of here. Imagine how much good and how far that 200,000 would go to people of need in the community around them. I guess because America is a such wealthy country the American church has gotten into the habit of mainly sending the money they’re not spending on infrastructure to missionaries over seas, which is a good thing, a lot of great work and aid being done in those countries. But they’ve drifted away from putting an emphasis on serving the community around them. That’s not to say they never do serve the community around them, the vast majority do, but not like they could be doing. Don’t get me wrong, like Jesus says “man doesn’t live on bread alone,” meaning there’s more to the church and service than materialism and money, absolutely 100%. But it’s also just like Jesus’ parable of the foolish steward, whose master went away and he buried his master money in a jar and just waited for his return, instead of investing it and making more. Like the church is getting this money from their parishioners and the best they can do is pump it into a building that gets used maybe 2-3 days a week for a total of maybe 12 hours. Get the fuck out of here, the church needs to actively try to serve the community around it much more, and be out there trying to help the people who are hurting, and those people are EVERYWHERE. Doesn’t mean they’re bad people, they’re not, not even close. They’ve just been stuck in this “well this is how to run a church” way since the church was way more prevalent than it is now back in the day. That’s my church rant.
Thanks for sharing that, quite personal account, you didn't have to, so thank you for that.

I'd say that any and all members of any church should be aware of how that church is spending it's money, that's what they have business meetings for. If a member finds that their church is spending too much money, say in the their buildings, rather than building The Kingdom, they should vocalize their objection. If leadership does not change their ways in a timely fashion, that member should find another church more in-line w/what they believe should be the case.

I haven't seen personally, many churches engaging in that building fund type stuff, I've seen other things, but not that, but members have the power to do something about it.

Thanks for sharing that, quite personal account, you didn't have to, so thank you for that.

I'd say that any and all members of any church should be aware of how that church is spending it's money, that's what they have business meetings for. If a member finds that their church is spending too much money, say in the their buildings, rather than building The Kingdom, they should vocalize their objection. If leadership does not change their ways in a timely fashion, that member should find another church more in-line w/what they believe should be the case.

I haven't seen personally, many churches engaging in that building fund type stuff, I've seen other things, but not that, but members have the power to do something about it.
Yeah np. I’ve spoken up about this in a couple of other churches. Didn’t seem to get too far, get the usual answers like “well we do use the church to minister to people”. I’ve seen a couple of my church going friends, slowly come around to see what I’m seeing. I just think there needs to be more voices saying it. And I’m fine with churches updating, or expanding their buildings when needed, which was an issue that one of those churches came across. My argument to them was “hey, before we do this, can we hold off on this, maybe try to raise half the money for the 1st phase expansion first and then go through with the expansion,” which was like 40,000 dollars, and pour it into the community. Like me being an RN I know 10 people off the top of my head who need help with medical bills, and I know probably everyone in that church knows at least one person who needs a car repair, or needs heating oil, etc.

Don't be so pretentious, you do not hurt my feelings. And if you think you are capable of composing an expository essay, post one. I've yet to read one from you or PoliticalChic, since the posts of you and she rarely provide any probative evidence to establish a credible judgment.

When challenged your anger and hers are palatable and pathological and the response is always a personal attack. Of course you will claim this last paragraph is ironic, and that I am attacking you. That is because you are not interpreting what an ad hominem is, and what is criticism - they are much different.

If my posts are not worth the merit, you spend a lot of words attacking me and not my words. That's why I easily infer you don't have a clue how to write a credible rebuttal.

Don't be so self-absorbed; I couldn't care less if your feelings are hurt or not. And if you think you're capable of DESERVING an expository essay, prove it. The fact that you don't bother to read or remember the ones that have been posted not only doesn't prove that we don't write them, it ALSO doesn't serve as much of a motivation to waste our time casting pearls before swine again.

Our anger is "palatable"? Were you TRYING to say it tastes good, or were you just offering further proof that you're too stupid and illiterate to be worth giving the respect you demand because you can't earn it? I THINK you were going for "palpable", but I don't have a degree in animal psychiatry, so I really don't know what goes on in your brain.

Spare me the tired old line of "You answered me, so that means I'm important! I really hope that makes you censor yourself!" You talk in public, you get mocked in public. I don't give a fuck if it's the only bright spot of acknowledgement your sad existence gets or not. Infer whatever the hell you want, since we both know your beliefs about the world have nothing to do with reality anyway. Puncturing your undeserved ego is not my main purpose, because that would require you to matter.

Don't be so self-absorbed; I couldn't care less if your feelings are hurt or not. And if you think you're capable of DESERVING an expository essay, prove it. The fact that you don't bother to read or remember the ones that have been posted not only doesn't prove that we don't write them, it ALSO doesn't serve as much of a motivation to waste our time casting pearls before swine again.

Our anger is "palatable"? Were you TRYING to say it tastes good, or were you just offering further proof that you're too stupid and illiterate to be worth giving the respect you demand because you can't earn it? I THINK you were going for "palpable", but I don't have a degree in animal psychiatry, so I really don't know what goes on in your brain.

Spare me the tired old line of "You answered me, so that means I'm important! I really hope that makes you censor yourself!" You talk in public, you get mocked in public. I don't give a fuck if it's the only bright spot of acknowledgement your sad existence gets or not. Infer whatever the hell you want, since we both know your beliefs about the world have nothing to do with reality anyway. Puncturing your undeserved ego is not my main purpose, because that would require you to matter.
Fly Catcher:
atheist bend passively.jpg

What option are you giving them? Do you actually believe they’re going to vote for the party that’s been sneering at them for decades now? Should they go to the party that’s taking out “in god we trust”? Do you actually think they’re going to go with the party that’s for abortion up until the moment of birth and even after? Do you actually think they want to vote for the party that is making it illegal for them to practice their religion in the business they own?

How about the party that’s now attacking them? All I mentioned before was just saber rattling and aggressive stances in the culture war. They have now just fired the first of many shots they’re going to fire in the culture war.

PS: To the moderators. Don’t you dare move this to any other thread. The left has made this political and politics is exactly where this belongs.
Fuck, can you get to the point?

The unrelenting stupidity of Trump Republicans never ceases to amaze.

The Post explains, "Virginia Thomas, a conservative activist married to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, repeatedly pressed White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to pursue unrelenting efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election in a series of urgent text exchanges in the critical weeks after the vote, according to copies of the messages obtained by The Washington Post and CBS News.

"The messages — 29 in all — reveal an extraordinary pipeline between Virginia Thomas, who goes by Ginni, and President Donald Trump’s top aide during a period when Trump and his allies were vowing to go to the Supreme Court in an effort to negate the election results.

"On Nov. 10, after news organizations had projected Joe Biden the winner based on state vote totals, Thomas wrote to Meadows: “Help This Great President stand firm, Mark!!!...You are the leader, with him, who is standing for America’s constitutional governance at the precipice. The majority knows Biden and the Left is attempting the greatest Heist of our History.”

This amount of absurdity from the wife of a Supreme Court Justice takes your breath away.

When Meadows replied to Thomas on Nov. 24, the White House chief of staff invoked God to describe the effort to overturn the election. “This is a fight of good versus evil.” Evil always looks like the victor until the King of Kings triumphs. Do not grow weary in well doing. The fight continues. I have staked my career on it. Well at least my time in DC on it.”

The Post added, "The messages, which do not directly reference Justice Thomas or the Supreme Court, show for the first time how Ginni Thomas used her access to Trump’s inner circle to promote and seek to guide the president’s strategy to overturn the election results — and how receptive and grateful Meadows said he was to receive her advice."

Ever since the advent of Donald J. Trump in 2016 the Republican Party is the party of fools, and they are being led by fools.

It is difficult to accept that, for a short period of time, these people were in charge of our federal government. Shame on us.

Will we allow that to happen again?

Forum List

Back