Tired of Whining Vegans, Restaurant Owner Drops All Vegan Items from Menu

No one is asking for this place in the UK to be a vegan restaurant.

And I guess my my whole post about definitions was over you head right?

No, you are supporting the whining about them not offering vegan options because it became too annoying for them. You claim this is stupid because it impacts vegans that may want to dine there with omnivores.

And yet an omnivore dining with vegan friends at a "vegan" restaurant has no equivalent expectation to be catered to at a vegan restaurant?

Because veganism is PRIMARILY a political/religious/philosophical choice.

In other words vegans are FAR more likely to be difficult to deal with.

With them the ARGUMENT IS THE GOAL!

Arguments are NOT the goal of the restaurant.

So what?

Lots of vegans choose it for health reasons, some for moral reasons some for religious reasons.

What is your reason to eat meat? Because you always have? How is that any more valid than anyone else's reason for not eating meat?

And please answer the question.

Why, if a restaurant already offers a variety of non meat items on the menu , is it any more difficult or expensive to offer a couple nonmeat options so as to bring in a larger customer base?

Then why don't vegan focused places offer meat?

Wouldn't that be good business?
Likely because non-vegans can still eat the food served at a vegan restaurant. the reverse is not true if the place does not offer vegan dishes.

Likely because non-vegans can still eat the food served at a vegan restaurant. the reverse is not true if the place does not offer vegan dishes.

But one of the arguments in this thread is about appealing to the broadest market possible. If a bunch of vegans go out with an omnivore, why should they expect the omnivore to limit themselves to what the vegans want?

No, you are supporting the whining about them not offering vegan options because it became too annoying for them. You claim this is stupid because it impacts vegans that may want to dine there with omnivores.

And yet an omnivore dining with vegan friends at a "vegan" restaurant has no equivalent expectation to be catered to at a vegan restaurant?
IDGAF if it impacts vegans I said I think it's not a wise business choice to alienate what is a growing market just because of some online asshole.

OK I'll ask you one more time.

Does this place serve meat and nothing but meat ?

If not then it is actually an omnivore restaurant isn't it? As such why do you think it is unreasonable to ask if they would put together a meatless plate for anyone?

If the place serves meat and nothing but meat it would no longer be an omnivore restaurant would it? So then it would be unreasonable to ask them to put together a meatless option because they would have to incur the additional expense of procuring other food items and then they would no longer be a carnivore eatery.

I don't see why this is so difficult to understand.

But one of the arguments in this thread is about appealing to the broadest market possible. If a bunch of vegans go out with an omnivore, why should they expect the omnivore to limit themselves to what the vegans want?
Because the choice is usually a group decision? As a carnivore, if I'm the only one in a group of vegans, I'll go to a vegan restaurant. If it's the reverse, we'll find a place that has vegan options.

IDGAF if it impacts vegans I said I think it's not a wise business choice to alienate what is a growing market just because of some online asshole.

OK I'll ask you one more time.

Does this place serve meat and nothing but meat ?

If not then it is actually an omnivore restaurant isn't it? As such why do you think it is unreasonable to ask if they would put together a meatless plate for anyone?

If the place serves meat and nothing but meat it would no longer be an omnivore restaurant would it? So then it would be unreasonable to ask them to put together a meatless option because they would have to incur the additional expense of procuring other food items and then they would no longer be a carnivore eatery.

I don't see why this is so difficult to understand.

why does it have to serve nothing but meat?

Evidently it tried being reasonable and it didn't work for them.

So what?

Lots of vegans choose it for health reasons, some for moral reasons some for religious reasons.

What is your reason to eat meat? Because you always have? How is that any more valid than anyone else's reason for not eating meat?

And please answer the question.

Why, if a restaurant already offers a variety of non meat items on the menu , is it any more difficult or expensive to offer a couple nonmeat options so as to bring in a larger customer base?

The difference is I DON'T PREACH ABOUT IT.

DURRRRRR

Science proves that wrong.

Diet can actually reverse heart disease regardless of genetics

No, it can't. I have the genetics for a widowmaker. The only thing that kept me alive was the fact that I am a very, very, very active person. Also, I was a competative fencer for decades.

Because of that I had built up enough secondary blood vessels that I never had the heart attack that would have killed me.

Came close though.

What is funny is I tried a vegetarian diet because of a girlfriend but I lacked the energy for fencing so went back to meat.

So, had I stayed a vegetarian, I WOULD have died from the widow maker.

And at an early age.

Like I said it's not a good business decision.

Why turn away a new and growing group of potential customers because one asshole was rude to you online?

Thank you for using common sense and logic rather than knee-jerk emotion. :thup:

While the restaurant owner can do what he wants, you are absolutely right that it's an idiotic business decision.

Veganism is growing steadily worldwide, but especially in Britain.

Read it and weep, anti-vegans. ;)

Thank you for using common sense and logic rather than knee-jerk emotion. :thup:

While the restaurant owner can do what he wants, you are absolutely right that it's an idiotic business decision.

Veganism is growing steadily worldwide, but especially in Britain.

Read it and weep, anti-vegans. ;)

Like we all said, you vegans can eat all the grass clippings you want wherever you want. Just don't try to shove your beliefs down my throat, or make the restaurant I decide to open conform to your standards.

Like we all said, you vegans can eat all the grass clippings you want wherever you want. Just don't try to shove your beliefs down my throat, or make the restaurant I decide to open conform to your standards.

I don't eat grass, I eat anything I want, as long as it's not a dead animal or the secretions of an animal.

And where did I say you must conform to anything?

Apparently you completely missed this line of my post, I'll say it again, this time in larger font:

"The restaurant owner can do what he wants"

I don't eat grass, I eat anything I want, as long as it's not a dead animal or the secretions of an animal.

And where did I say you must conform to anything?

Apparently you completely missed this line of my post, I'll say it again, this time in larger font:

"The restaurant owner can do what he wants"

No, you made your point then hinted the business owner who disagreed was idiotic. Why is he idiotic for not agreeing with you?

See, I got exactly the meaning of your post.

It's pretty easy for any restaurant to offer a few vegan plates. It's not like they have to maintain a whole catalogue of foods that they otherwise wouldn't need.

I'm almost a vegan - not by choice. I'm trying to wean myself off of statins, which is potentially dangerous. So I'll only eat vegetables and fish.

Whenever I go out to a restaurant with my family we always review the menu first to make sure that there are some extremely low cholesterol meals - preferably no meat. It sucks but I'm sick and tired of having to go to the doctor every 3 months and of getting blood tests. My cholesterol isn't even very high, but once I started taking statins I've been forced to get these tests or the doctor won't continue the statin prescriptions. Once you start taking statins you never supposed to stop. It's a trap.

Anyway, it would be better if restaurants eliminated bacon from their menus. Bacon is a hugely carcinogenic. The food industry lobbied the hell out of congress to stop the FDA from listing it as carcinogenic and requiring from being labeled like cigarettes.

No, you made your point then hinted the business owner who disagreed was idiotic. Why is he idiotic for not agreeing with you?

See, I got exactly the meaning of your post.

Don't add to my words. I was talking about it from a business standpoint, and I thought that was clear when I said "it's an idiotic business decision."

And then I backed that up by posting an article that stated "Number of vegans in Britain rises by 360% in 10 years" which you also seemed to completely miss.

It's not about him not agreeing with my views, I commented on him ignoring the market trend and the fact that veganism is booming... but you know what? That's his decision, and I never said he should do anything, he can do whatever he wants. :dunno:

No need to get so emotional and combative.

No, it can't. I have the genetics for a widowmaker. The only thing that kept me alive was the fact that I am a very, very, very active person. Also, I was a competative fencer for decades.

Because of that I had built up enough secondary blood vessels that I never had the heart attack that would have killed me.

Came close though.

What is funny is I tried a vegetarian diet because of a girlfriend but I lacked the energy for fencing so went back to meat.

So, had I stayed a vegetarian, I WOULD have died from the widow maker.

And at an early age.
The medical evidence disagrees with you.

Forum List

Back