Tired of Whining Vegans, Restaurant Owner Drops All Vegan Items from Menu

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
All business owners should have this kind of backbone.

“Please, vegans, It is not a given that we should adapt our menu to suit your preference,” the owners wrote. “If you want vegan food, go to a vegan restaurant…which incidentally if I went to one and asked for a steak I wouldn’t get one, nor would I expect to.

“You have chosen your lifestyle, it’s not a medical condition that you’ve been forced to endure through no fault of your own. Your choice does not fit with our style of cooking. We respect your choice, and expect that you respect ours.”

“Please, vegans, It is not a given that we should adapt our menu to suit your preference,” the owners wrote. “If you want vegan food, go to a vegan restaurant…which incidentally if I went to one and asked for a steak I wouldn’t get one, nor would I expect to.

“You have chosen your lifestyle, it’s not a medical condition that you’ve been forced to endure through no fault of your own. Your choice does not fit with our style of cooking. We respect your choice, and expect that you respect ours.”

/-----/Once again Mallard Fillmore is spot on.
1660734134528.png

Vegans tend to dine with people who are not vegans.
A restaurant having some vegan options can be good for business as a mixed group of diners will choose a restaurant they all can eat at.
That said, vegans should not whine about the meal

A restaurant having some vegan options can be good for business as a mixed group of diners will choose a restaurant they all can eat at.
Vegans are obsessed with eating things that taste like meat but are not meat.

To me that’s like having a human flesh substitute. Makes no sense.

The types that won't just accept a vegetarian option probably don't want to dine with non vegans.

The types that won't just accept a vegetarian option probably don't want to dine with non vegans.
Not true.

I have been vegan for 3 years now and I still go to places with people who eat meat.

What I find happens most often is that people who eat meat will usually try to get me to eat meat for some reason.

And? So I feel so much pity for animals I want to eat things like animals?
Meat substitutes are not like animals because they do not contain dead animal flesh.

Most vegans were meat eaters at some point so what do you care if a person wants something that tastes like a sausage without having to kill animals to eat it ?

Meat substitutes are not like animals because they do not contain dead animal flesh.

Most vegans were meat eaters at some point so what do you care if a person wants something that tastes like a sausage without having to kill animals to eat it ?
It’s your right for you to eat what tastes like Bambi. Just as the restaurant owner points out - stop demanding others conform to your personal choice.

I never understood people who go to a restaurant and insist on having the food exactly, PRECISELY the way they want it. It's one thing to have dietary concerns or whatever. But others--I just think, if you're that picky, don't eat out! Cook at home.

I never understood people who go to a restaurant and insist on having the food exactly, PRECISELY the way they want it. It's one thing to have dietary concerns or whatever. But others--I just think, if you're that picky, don't eat out! Cook at home.
And then openly complaining to the restaurant about it. I refuse to eat with those kinds of ilk.

So people aren't allowed to ask a restaurant owner if they have vegetarian or vegan options?

It seems to me that a business person would want to attract as many people as possible to his establishment and if people in his area are asking for something it might be worth considering.

New Topics

Forum List

Back