Tips of Getting a Covid Vaccine Appointment

Here in Florida, a friend of mine just called his doctor to get one. He has a pre-existing condition that puts him at risk.

Your friend was lucky most doctor's don't give them or can get you access to an appointment here in Florida. I have a few pre x and cannot get an appointment when they become available been trying for a month. Every week sit on the damn phone for two hours and nothing.

Here in Florida, a friend of mine just called his doctor to get one. He has a pre-existing condition that puts him at risk.

Your friend was lucky most doctor's don't give them or can get you access to an appointment here in Florida. I have a few pre x and cannot get an appointment when they become available been trying for a month. Every week sit on the damn phone for two hours and nothing.
Instead of spending time waiting on phone lines that no one is going to answer, spend an hour or so each day checking all the appointment web sites in your area. If you have them bookmarked you can go from one to another pretty quick. Try early mornings. Usually the morning after receiving a vaccine shipment the site opens up new dates.

Instead of spending time waiting on phone lines that no one is going to answer, spend an hour or so each day checking all the appointment web sites in your area. If you have them bookmarked you can go from one to another pretty quick. Try early mornings. Usually the morning after receiving a vaccine shipment the site opens up new dates.

I don't spend anytime on a phone line because there is not one to call that answers, there is a website for the county you sign up on a list, which I did 3 weeks ago, and you wait for them to call. There is Publix you sit on their website for 2 hours on Wednesday and Friday and come away with nothing. Yep, everyone loves desantis in Florida, not. He fucked up in the very beginning by letting anyone come to Florida and take shots that should be for Florida residents, he has finally seen the light on that one.

I don't spend anytime on a phone line because there is not one to call that answers, there is a website for the county you sign up on a list, which I did 3 weeks ago, and you wait for them to call. There is Publix you sit on their website for 2 hours on Wednesday and Friday and come away with nothing. Yep, everyone loves desantis in Florida, not. He fucked up in the very beginning by letting anyone come to Florida and take shots that should be for Florida residents, he has finally seen the light on that one.
Don't forget local pharmacy chains. In most states they are just getting started. Half of all doses are going to mass vaccination sites and pharmacy chains. In some states the allocation will be higher. Many hospitals and clinics are seeing smaller allotments.

Badger goes via e-bike on Saturday for vaccination of the Pfizer vaccine. The vaccinees are supposed to hold out their arms from their car windows as they come through the line.

Badger goes via e-bike on Saturday for vaccination of the Pfizer vaccine. The vaccinees are supposed to hold out their arms from their car windows as they come through the line.
I have an appointment tomorrow at a local pharmacy. It's taken a month of daily searching the Internet to get it. Unfortunately snow is predicted tomorrow and if they cancel, it's back to the Internet search. It seems like there should be one website in the state to schedule vaccine appointments.

CVS and Rite Aid starting giving vaccines. Still no luck finding appointments

Please, no discussions about the dangers of vaccines or politics. I spent about 3 weeks searching for vaccine appointments in Washington state for myself and my family members and friends. I discovered a few things that might be helpful if you are searching for a vaccine appointment. Remember each state is a bit different. Feel free to add additional information to this thread. If you feel comfortable doing so, mention the area you are searching.

1. I found that trying to get vaccine appointments by phone a waste of time. My wife spent hours waiting to speak to a live person and then being disconnected. Leaving a call back numbers is not much better.
2. Getting an appointment via the organization's appointment web site is your best bet. Keep in mind that many of these appointment web sites have been put together rapidly and are not very user friendly. Some have errors and some do not have enough bandwidth to handle the traffic. For these reasons, I recommend whoever in your family is most proficient at working on the Internet should be the one that searches for and books appointments.
3. Use whatever device you are most comfortable with working on the Internet, (computer, tablet, or smartphone.) I say this because you will probably spend a lot of time looking for an appointment. When you find one, you may have to do a lot of typing and most sites will time out if you take to long.
4. When you find an appointment grab it as time slots disappear rapidly. Make the appointment and cancel it if you find a better one.
5. Your county, city, and/or state should have a website that lists organizations giving vaccines in your area. This is a good place to start looking. However, all vaccine sites are not always listed.
6. Consider bookmarking appointment sites when you find them so you can get back to them quickly.
7. The appointment sites will ask a few questions about you then do a search. Don't be discourage if all time slots are filled. Just keep trying. You will find one eventually. If an appointment is available, you are shown a calendar to select your time slot. After you select the time slot, you will be asked a number of questions. Be sure your contact email and phone number are correct. Your time slot will not be confirmed until after you finish. Some sites will confirm it by email and others will confirm it as soon as you finish. I recommend you print this confirmation. You will probably not be able to schedule your second dose until after your 1st dose. Most sites will not give you a second dose appointment unless they gave you your first dose.
8. In January, providers made appointments months in advance. The CDC has since recommended that vaccination sites not make appointments more than a few weeks out. The CDC now provides the states estimates of vaccine shipment for the coming three weeks.
9. In my state and many others, officials are focusing on mass vaccination sites and pharmacies which is where most of the vaccines are being shipped. Typically, these sites receive the vaccine once a week and they open up appointments within a day or so after they receive the vaccine.
10. I have found the best time to check for open time slots is early in the morning 6, 7 or 8, particularly on Sunday morning. This might just be peculiar to my area but it has worked well for me.

Good Luck and hopefully we will have plenty of vaccines available in a few months.
Why would anyone want to take a shot that clearly doesn’t work and might be harmful?

I got an appointment for a family member. I had no luck with the pharmacies. The appointment I secured was from a local hospital registration COVID-19 portal

Forum List

Back