Tips of Getting a Covid Vaccine Appointment

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Please, no discussions about the dangers of vaccines or politics. I spent about 3 weeks searching for vaccine appointments in Washington state for myself and my family members and friends. I discovered a few things that might be helpful if you are searching for a vaccine appointment. Remember each state is a bit different. Feel free to add additional information to this thread. If you feel comfortable doing so, mention the area you are searching.

1. I found that trying to get vaccine appointments by phone a waste of time. My wife spent hours waiting to speak to a live person and then being disconnected. Leaving a call back numbers is not much better.
2. Getting an appointment via the organization's appointment web site is your best bet. Keep in mind that many of these appointment web sites have been put together rapidly and are not very user friendly. Some have errors and some do not have enough bandwidth to handle the traffic. For these reasons, I recommend whoever in your family is most proficient at working on the Internet should be the one that searches for and books appointments.
3. Use whatever device you are most comfortable with working on the Internet, (computer, tablet, or smartphone.) I say this because you will probably spend a lot of time looking for an appointment. When you find one, you may have to do a lot of typing and most sites will time out if you take to long.
4. When you find an appointment grab it as time slots disappear rapidly. Make the appointment and cancel it if you find a better one.
5. Your county, city, and/or state should have a website that lists organizations giving vaccines in your area. This is a good place to start looking. However, all vaccine sites are not always listed.
6. Consider bookmarking appointment sites when you find them so you can get back to them quickly.
7. The appointment sites will ask a few questions about you then do a search. Don't be discourage if all time slots are filled. Just keep trying. You will find one eventually. If an appointment is available, you are shown a calendar to select your time slot. After you select the time slot, you will be asked a number of questions. Be sure your contact email and phone number are correct. Your time slot will not be confirmed until after you finish. Some sites will confirm it by email and others will confirm it as soon as you finish. I recommend you print this confirmation. You will probably not be able to schedule your second dose until after your 1st dose. Most sites will not give you a second dose appointment unless they gave you your first dose.
8. In January, providers made appointments months in advance. The CDC has since recommended that vaccination sites not make appointments more than a few weeks out. The CDC now provides the states estimates of vaccine shipment for the coming three weeks.
9. In my state and many others, officials are focusing on mass vaccination sites and pharmacies which is where most of the vaccines are being shipped. Typically, these sites receive the vaccine once a week and they open up appointments within a day or so after they receive the vaccine.
10. I have found the best time to check for open time slots is early in the morning 6, 7 or 8, particularly on Sunday morning. This might just be peculiar to my area but it has worked well for me.

Good Luck and hopefully we will have plenty of vaccines available in a few months.

Do you run up to the buffet to be first in line too?....

Please, no discussions about the dangers of vaccines or politics. I spent about 3 weeks searching for vaccine appointments in Washington state for myself and my family members and friends. I discovered a few things that might be helpful if you are searching for a vaccine appointment. Remember each state is a bit different. Feel free to add additional information to this thread. If you feel comfortable doing so, mention the area you are searching.

1. I found that trying to get vaccine appointments by phone a waste of time. My wife spent hours waiting to speak to a live person and then being disconnected. Leaving a call back numbers is not much better.
2. Getting an appointment via the organization's appointment web site is your best bet. Keep in mind that many of these appointment web sites have been put together rapidly and are not very user friendly. Some have errors and some do not have enough bandwidth to handle the traffic. For these reasons, I recommend whoever in your family is most proficient at working on the Internet should be the one that searches for and books appointments.
3. Use whatever device you are most comfortable with working on the Internet, (computer, tablet, or smartphone.) I say this because you will probably spend a lot of time looking for an appointment. When you find one, you may have to do a lot of typing and most sites will time out if you take to long.
4. When you find an appointment grab it as time slots disappear rapidly. Make the appointment and cancel it if you find a better one.
5. Your county, city, and/or state should have a website that lists organizations giving vaccines in your area. This is a good place to start looking. However, all vaccine sites are not always listed.
6. Consider bookmarking appointment sites when you find them so you can get back to them quickly.
7. The appointment sites will ask a few questions about you then do a search. Don't be discourage if all time slots are filled. Just keep trying. You will find one eventually. If an appointment is available, you are shown a calendar to select your time slot. After you select the time slot, you will be asked a number of questions. Be sure your contact email and phone number are correct. Your time slot will not be confirmed until after you finish. Some sites will confirm it by email and others will confirm it as soon as you finish. I recommend you print this confirmation. You will probably not be able to schedule your second dose until after your 1st dose. Most sites will not give you a second dose appointment unless they gave you your first dose.
8. In January, providers made appointments months in advance. The CDC has since recommended that vaccination sites not make appointments more than a few weeks out. The CDC now provides the states estimates of vaccine shipment for the coming three weeks.
9. In my state and many others, officials are focusing on mass vaccination sites and pharmacies which is where most of the vaccines are being shipped. Typically, these sites receive the vaccine once a week and they open up appointments within a day or so after they receive the vaccine.
10. I have found the best time to check for open time slots is early in the morning 6, 7 or 8, particularly on Sunday morning. This might just be peculiar to my area but it has worked well for me.

Good Luck and hopefully we will have plenty of vaccines available in a few months.
You are going to have to wait your turn...behind illegal aliens....

You are going to have to wait your turn...behind illegal aliens....
FYI, many Latinos are very hesitant to get the vaccine for a number of reasons. First they do not utilize the healthcare system as much as non-Hispanics. Lack of trust in the system, fear of reactions to the vaccine, concern about cost, and lack of information are all factors that worry healthcare officials. The above is doubly true for illegal immigrants who share these concerns plus their desire to keep a low profile.

My Biden voting family members trying to get their shots said that if you say you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes or heart disease you have a better chance of getting in.

Anyone here in my city can easily visit a website and choose an appointment at one of two locations that will usually fall within about 5 business days. The process doesn't even take 10 minutes. You have to meet certain criteria to get an appointment (regarding age or profession). I don't meet the criteria. My mother has had both of her shots.

Anyone here in my city can easily visit a website and choose an appointment at one of two locations that will usually fall within about 5 business days. The process doesn't even take 10 minutes. You have to meet certain criteria to get an appointment (regarding age or profession). I don't meet the criteria. My mother has had both of her shots.
It's much tighter here. Are these mass vaccination sites?

It's much tighter here. Do you have mass vaccination events?
Appointment only. But they are at large venues and there are lots of stations.

Large venues seem to work better. Here most of the vaccines have gone to hospitals and clinics. They are now changing to mass vaccination sites and chain pharmacies.

Large venues seem to work better. Here most of the vaccines have gone to hospitals and clinics. They are now changing to mass vaccination sites and chain pharmacies.
The chain pharmacy aspect is coming soon. For now, they are at two sports venues.

I’ve been trying to get family members appointments. I have registered via the state and am waiting to be contacted so I can schedule on behalf of them. Everyday I check my email 4 times a day and nothing. I tried calling the vaccine sites today and they told me register on their web site, but I’ve yet to find an availability.

Here in Florida, a friend of mine just called his doctor to get one. He has a pre-existing condition that puts him at risk.
Maybe the shortages are localized. Microsoft just donated one their buildings at the Redmond campus for use as a vaccination site.

My Biden voting family members trying to get their shots said that if you say you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes or heart disease you have a better chance of getting in.

That's because in that case the vaccine kills you faster.

Isn't that what the Globlalists are aiming for? Bill Gates always talks about depopulation and all that! :dunno:

I am not taking any vaccine, no way Jose.

Isn't that what the Globlalists are aiming for? Bill Gates always talks about depopulation and all that! :dunno:

Please refer to the request in the OP.

since when are you a Moderator here?

I’ve been trying to get family members appointments. I have registered via the state and am waiting to be contacted so I can schedule on behalf of them. Everyday I check my email 4 times a day and nothing. I tried calling the vaccine sights today and they told me register on their web site, but I’ve yet to find an availability.
I have had no luck at all with waiting lists. I've had people own them for over 3 weeks and nothing. Searching through the vaccination sites has payoff but I have spent a lot of time on it. I have had a lot of luck recently with the chain pharmacies appointment web sites, hitting them early Sunday morning.

since when are you a Moderator here?
Since never. That's why i asked nicely.

The chain pharmacy aspect is coming soon. For now, they are at two sports venues.
There is a list released by the CDC that shows nearly all the major pharmacies participating. However, it neglects to mention that most of them are only in certain states. Walmart for example is only in 22 states. CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid are not providing the vaccine at this time in this area but Aldersons, Safeway, and Costco are.

Last edited:

There is a list released by the CDC that shows nearly all the major pharmacies participating. However, it neglects to mention that most them are only in certain states. Walmart for example is only 22 states. CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid are not providing the vaccine at this time in this area but Aldersons, Safeway, and Costco are.
Gotcha. Apparently i can expect to be vaccinated sometime this summer. Boo.

Forum List

Back