Tipping Point for Cruz to Beat Trump?

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
I have a friend who has been news director for regional markets in Florida and Philadelphia for both ABC and CBS. I always like to hear his opinion. So when I asked him today about Iowa he said that Cruz's remark about Trump having "New York values" was a thinly veiled remark that pushed many Iowans to Cruz. What do you think Cruz meant?

I have a friend who has been news director for regional markets in Florida and Philadelphia for both ABC and CBS. I always like to hear his opinion. So when I asked him today about Iowa he said that Cruz's remark about Trump having "New York values" was a thinly veiled remark that pushed many Iowans to Cruz. What do you think Cruz meant?

I've always read "New York values" to mean being Liberal. I could be wrong though.

City slicker...

City slicker...

Nope. Cruz is from Houston, which is the fourth largest city in the country. His wife works for Goldman Sachs. He's a slick as any city guy can get.

I've always read "New York values" to mean being Liberal. I could be wrong though.

I've never even heard the phrase until Cruz said it, and I have lived outside the NYC metro area for 15 years. "New York attitude", yes.
He thinks it's a way of referring to the Jewish demographics of New York, which of course is huge. Evangelical Christians are fine with Jews in Israel, not so much on this side of the pond. I think he might be right.

I've never even heard the phrase until Cruz said it, and I have lived outside the NYC metro area for 15 years. "New York attitude", yes.
He thinks it's a way of referring to the Jewish demographics of New York, which of course is huge. Evangelical Christians are fine with Jews in Israel, not so much on this side of the pond. I think he might be right.

Okay, I stand corrected.

Sounds like projection to me.

New York values is the same problem Mitt Romney had being a Massachusetts Republican.

Midwestern states have a supreme distrust of the Northeast. It's a bias that even I have had to overcome to support Trump.

Forum List

Back