Time yet to reconsider "the arrow of time"?

'This majestic spiral galaxy might earn the nickname the "Godzilla galaxy" because it may be the largest known in the local universe.'

"About 3.5 million years ago, the supermassive black hole at the center of our Milky Way galaxy unleashed an enormous burst of energy."

Think conjugate fields, atoms, magnets with "poles" aligned vertically, gyroscopic precession,..

Somewhat less, I imagine. Pretty tough looking dude, but the first 500 lbs might be enough to do the trick.

Your calculations were were way off. 17,500 ft lbs is the heat dissipated, not the force generated.

It will be around 4500 lbs of force which will be more than enough to put an end to Mr. Murakami. I agree 500 lbs of force should be the end for Murakami.

SLOT happens. Murakami no you haven't provided any calculations to back up the claims.
It will be around 4500 lbs of force
Lol ..if one arbitrarily picks a 4 ft "Stopping Distance." Yeah, you've got this all figured out fer sher, son..
:sigh2:

Something to stare at while sipping your morning coffee..
Someone's weird attempt to Illustrate galactic precession:

Galaxy-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-3.gif

faradayrotation.jpg

(Phys.org) —Astronomers have made an important measurement of the magnetic field emanating from a swirling disk of material surrounding the black hole at the center of our Milky Way Galaxy.
{..snip..}
Such disks concentrate not only the matter pulled into them but also the magnetic fields associated with that matter, forming a giant, twisting magnetic field that is thought to propel some of the matter back outward along its poles in superfast "jets."
Note the torroidal shape of actual "magnetic fields." Something one never sees when sprinkling iron filings around bar magnets. Easy to imagine ^that iron looking donut forming (accreting) and breaking into solid masses pushed radially outward within the "accretion disk" (or "dielectric plane") of a galaxy.

magnetField4.png

Those filings show "magnetic field" or "flux" lines are intended to "show the strength and orientation of a magnetic field" yet are orthogonal to the actual field which can be shown now simply using polarized film.

earthsMagneticField2.png

About 3.5 million years ago, the supermassive black hole at the center of our Milky Way galaxy unleashed an enormous burst of energy.

This is hypothetical science of atheism. We can practically ignore it as it is wrong.

Lol ..if one arbitrarily picks a 4 ft "Stopping Distance." Yeah, you've got this all figured out fer sher, son..

The 4 ft is the maximum so Mr. Murakami stops before hitting the ground (based on a harness stopping power). He could be as close at 1 ft. Otherwise, Murakami will end up as a pancake with red sauce. How far do you want Mr. Murakami to get driven into the ground with your 500 lbs (lowest estimate) of force? That's pretty sicko and dramatic, especially at 4500 lbs of force. He would be unrecognizable. No wonder he was screaming for you to not let go.

Recently, we had multimillionaire Steve Berg jump from a 60 ft level of a high rise and he was pronounced dead of suicide by a coroner. What was interesting was billionaire Kirk Kerkorian divorced his blonde tennis player wife, Lisa Bonder, of 28 days after proving it wasn't his child, but Berg's. Berg was born with a $600 million silver spoon in his mouth, but still had $599 million after his death (assumed he made some money). He wasn't a spendthrift, but apparently he didn't spent anything for a harness with stopping power.

About 3.5 million years ago, the supermassive black hole at the center of our Milky Way galaxy unleashed an enormous burst of energy.

This is hypothetical science of atheism. We can practically ignore it as it is wrong.
Who knows why you removed the quotes, but that was NASA talking. Every one an atheist fer sher!
{note: the links are behind the images in that post, btw}

Last edited:
How far do you want Mr. Murakami to get driven into the ground with your 500 lbs (lowest estimate) of force? That's pretty sicko and dramatic
Well, you asked "How much force will Murakami experience before he likely dies?" So I provided you my lowest ball estimate. You're welcome, but any "sicko and dramatic" is all you.

Who knows why you removed the quotes, but that was NASA talking. Every one an atheist fer sher!
{note: the links are behind the images in that post, btw}

NASA has been wrong before. They believe in aliens and have been spending billions trying to find them. They also have faith in 13.7 billion year old universe and 4.5 billion year old Earth which are theories. They believe in the science of atheism as I said. So do you. That means you could be misled.

Well, you asked "How much force will Murakami experience before he likely dies?" So I provided you my lowest ball estimate. You're welcome, but any "sicko and dramatic" is all you.

I don't think you understood the harness stop. We also have to reduce the force as it exceeds ANSI standards. To keep Murakami alive and to show SLOT calculations, we have to reduce the force. Also, we'll need some type of bungee apparatus as Murakami can't just come to a dead stop or else his internal organs will become detached.

Where are yours and Murakami's calculations to show SLOT isn't correct? I showed you mind.

It's just based on claims. Likely it has nothing to do with SLOT. Or are you still claiming that heat flows from a cod area to a hot area in this universe?

To answer you topic question, calculations that demonstrate SLOT show that time flows in one direction. We cannot go backwards in time in this universe as it is a closed system.

I don't think you understood the harness stop. We also have to reduce the force as it exceeds ANSI standards. To keep Murakami alive and to show SLOT calculations, we have to reduce the force. Also, we'll need some type of bungee apparatus as Murakami can't just come to a dead stop or else his internal organs will become detached.

Where are yours and Murakami's calculations to show SLOT isn't correct? I showed you mind.

It's just based on claims. Likely it has nothing to do with SLOT. Or are you still claiming that heat flows from a cod area to a hot area in this universe?
Whatever floats your dinghy, boss.

To answer you topic question, calculations that demonstrate SLOT show that time flows in one direction. We cannot go backwards in time in this universe as it is a closed system.
Noted and thanks for sharing.

Whatever floats your dinghy, boss.

What floats my dingy is showing how wrong you are in S&T haha.

Time I got back to time.
Time/Space is the 4th Dimension that is created by gravity
I'm going to leave inertia alone for now and skip ahead. I'm not crazy about how Aaron handles this so I'll just give you my version which I'm only slightly happier about. Again, "Space" has but 1 actual dimension, space. Various coordinates can be used to locate points within. We think volume (3D) vs. plane (2D) vs line (1D) but it can all be seen as contained by and definable within the same space.

But what of Time? Dimension? Maybe. I don't think so. I think of it as a higher order point coordinate in Space. Time is more important than x,y, or z because the distance between two points will often depend upon what time it is, and less so vice versa. Though we measure time in periodic increments, it simply marches on and clearly doesn't care. One might ask for the time, another answer "2 o'clock," and the first respond "What year?"

In outer space we most often measure time in light years. We observe the speed of light as a constant because the Aether makes it appear so regardless of its local density. Time may simply be motion through the Aether. Aaron describes it as being relative to the movement of the local Aether, but I don't think the Aether necessarily moves. I just see its density changing which seems all that's required. May help explain why some have seen results with an interferometer while others didn't.

If one could have an absolute perspective, they could see light travelling faster in less dense Aether and slower where denser. But, in reality, as light enters our hood, the Aether makes it all look and measure like it's going c. How's this amount to an "arrow" and stuff? I dunno.. Maybe get back to it eventually..
I return to this having now cleared up some things in my mind thanks to Ken Wheeler. Indeed "Space" has but 1 dimension, space. However, that leaves counterspace to consider and account for. Perhaps we could see it as a second dimension. Turns out, in any case, that what normally think of as time, motion, and space relations all belong in the realm of the magnetic or perhaps "real", whereas all the muddy stuff like inertia, acceleration, and charge dwell in counterspace, the hidden, "imaginary," "unseen." Counterspace is ultimately where everything apparent comes into being and returns to die. It is the ever present dielectric firmament, The Aether, Zero Point energy, Dark Matter / Energy. Time flies like an arrow from both our perspective and the Aether's. Only arrows fly very differently according to the Aether. They no longer fly straight in accord with our idea of straight. They can only fly crooked and in 3 x,y,z "dimensions," never in just 2. I'll likely return after Christmas, to explain what metaphysics is or should be about among other things,..

If you get a chance, study Ken Wheeler's latest paper "DEFINITIONS OF NATURE & ITS PHENOMENA WITH A PRIMER ON COSMOLOGY & ONTOLOGY"
You have to read everything at least 20 times before it starts to sink in.

Time I got back to time.
Time/Space is the 4th Dimension that is created by gravity
I'm going to leave inertia alone for now and skip ahead. I'm not crazy about how Aaron handles this so I'll just give you my version which I'm only slightly happier about. Again, "Space" has but 1 actual dimension, space. Various coordinates can be used to locate points within. We think volume (3D) vs. plane (2D) vs line (1D) but it can all be seen as contained by and definable within the same space.

But what of Time? Dimension? Maybe. I don't think so. I think of it as a higher order point coordinate in Space. Time is more important than x,y, or z because the distance between two points will often depend upon what time it is, and less so vice versa. Though we measure time in periodic increments, it simply marches on and clearly doesn't care. One might ask for the time, another answer "2 o'clock," and the first respond "What year?"

In outer space we most often measure time in light years. We observe the speed of light as a constant because the Aether makes it appear so regardless of its local density. Time may simply be motion through the Aether. Aaron describes it as being relative to the movement of the local Aether, but I don't think the Aether necessarily moves. I just see its density changing which seems all that's required. May help explain why some have seen results with an interferometer while others didn't.

If one could have an absolute perspective, they could see light travelling faster in less dense Aether and slower where denser. But, in reality, as light enters our hood, the Aether makes it all look and measure like it's going c. How's this amount to an "arrow" and stuff? I dunno.. Maybe get back to it eventually..
I return to this having now cleared up some things in my mind thanks to Ken Wheeler. Indeed "Space" has but 1 dimension, space. However, that leaves counterspace to consider and account for. Perhaps we could see it as a second dimension. Turns out, in any case, that what normally think of as time, motion, and space relations all belong in the realm of the magnetic or perhaps "real", whereas all the muddy stuff like inertia, acceleration, and charge dwell in counterspace, the hidden, "imaginary," "unseen." Counterspace is ultimately where everything apparent comes into being and returns to die. It is the ever present dielectric firmament, The Aether, Zero Point energy, Dark Matter / Energy. Time flies like an arrow from both our perspective and the Aether's. Only arrows fly very differently according to the Aether. They no longer fly straight in accord with our idea of straight. They can only fly crooked and in 3 x,y,z "dimensions," never in just 2. I'll likely return after Christmas, to explain what metaphysics is or should be about among other things,..

If you get a chance, study Ken Wheeler's latest paper "DEFINITIONS OF NATURE & ITS PHENOMENA WITH A PRIMER ON COSMOLOGY & ONTOLOGY"
You have to read everything at least 20 times before it starts to sink in.
I am more interested in everyday physics not the universe !!
I find talk of extra dimensions, multi Univ , string theory , black holes, QM is better left to the experts

So metaphysics has always been a tough one to sort out for me. Like most, Ken has a lot to say about it and he gets well down into the Greek origins. I don't know about all that, but I find myself easily agreeing with his main thrust which is that metaphysics is just physics. Inseparable from it. "Spirit" is a term humans use to reinforce their willful belief in having an immortal self. One (that at least will be) separate and thus free from all the pain and mundane suffering in life. Many of us never stop insisting upon there being something more. Some being that could explain everything if it so desired. Something providing an eternal, better life. Something greater that concerned itself with our lot including our ignorance.

There does exist a "One," but it is none of those things. The One possesses infinite potential. Universes emerge from it because they can and it could not be otherwise. The One cares no more about humans than it does for cockroaches, i.e. none whatsoever. It just is. It doesn't do anything for a "reason." This should all be plainly evident, but accepting it more often becomes a lifelong struggle yielding greater wisdom and transcendence from childish beliefs based in fear and desire rather than any genuine appreciation of what is or why it is.

METAPHYSICS
Study of 1st principles in and of counterspace. The realm of energy and ultimate reality. Contrary to current connotations such that the “metaphysics” section of any book store is about occult nonsense, genuine metaphysics as per the Pythagoreans, Platonists and Neoplatonists is about the study and wisdom of first principles and that which lay under the blanket of phenomenon.

Last edited:
The arrow of time is the "one-way direction" or "asymmetry" of time. The thermodynamic arrow of time is provided by the second law of thermodynamics, which says that in an isolated system, entropy tends to increase with time. Entropy can be thought of as a measure of microscopic disorder; thus the second law implies that time is asymmetrical with respect to the amount of order in an isolated system: as a system advances through time, it becomes more statistically disordered. This asymmetry can be used empirically to distinguish between future and past, though measuring entropy does not accurately measure time. Also, in an open system, entropy can decrease with time.
With that in mind, let's presume here that the "Universe is Not Expanding After All" (or may not be) and that no practical system can be truly "isolated" or "closed" in reality. Does entropy really force time to go one-way? What if the Universe began shrinking?

You sound confused and make no sense to me. Time and the universe expanding aren't interrelated, i.e. time continues to move forward whether the universe is expanding (which it is) or collapsing. Einstein thought the universe would collapse and expand. If the universe collapses, then our galaxy probably would be destroyed. If our galaxy expands and hits another galaxy, then we'd be destroyed again.

Okay, what is aging then?

I think it's entropy and it's related to time. However, it doesn't mean that time for you necessarily moves the same as for me as altitude makes a difference. If I were traveling into space and you were on the ground for years, then time would move slower for me than you as time. Also, traveling at a faster speed should slow down time, as well, for a person moving than a person standing still.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back