Time Travel

Jughead

VIP Member
Oct 24, 2013
Hamburger Central
If anyone from the future were to travel back into time, why would they post online? If they somehow figured out a way to travel back in time (getting over the speed of light obstacle), then there is a possibility that the internet is a thing of the past, and they would not even be aware of it.

Time travel experiment fails to find online evidence - Technology & Science - CBC News

Time travellers, if they really exist, seem to be keeping their adventures to themselves.

Researchers with perhaps a bit too much time on their hands conducted an extensive internet and social media search for evidence of time travellers going back in history and then bragging about it online.

And they came up empty. No real life Dr. Who or Marty McFly from the movie Back to the Future tweeting secrets a bit early.

Spurred by idle chat during Thursday poker games, an astrophysicist and his students at Michigan Technological University in Houghton, Michigan, searched for mentions of Pope Francis and Comet ISON before they popped into reality. Francis was elected pope last March and ISON was first detected in September 2012.

The idea: If someone mentions a Pope Francis in a 2011 tweet, Facebook post or blog item, then they must have come back from the future with special knowledge.

But no one posted anything prescient.

My 3 year old grandson was playing with some blocks at Christmas and he said, 'Granny, I'm building a time machine.' I told him when he grows up to build one and come visit me. I would like to know him as an adult or even a teen, but won't get to.

That being said, I would not want to engage in time travel, either to the past or to the future. It has been a challenge since my husband's death to have found myself in so many unfamiliar places and situations. Granted I chose to be in those places, but I think I would not cope well with being in an unfamiliar age. One could not know how to handle things in the future and in the past what we know could be patently wrong, and either way would be trouble. People are socialized creatures. We are socialized into various categories and groups, and roles, and can find that we are not at all comfortable outside those categories and groups and roles, even in the present.

I do think it is interesting to think of what technology they had in the past that may have been the equivalent to what we have now. There is a story in the Bible of the Temple being built and each day the builders got instructions from 'a voice from the sky.' How many people are in their cars today following the directions of a voice from the sky? Garmin......Garmin.........Siri............Siri..........et al.

Last edited:
There has been debate that UFO sightings could be linked to time travel from the future. With many of the sightings that have been reported (including the 1997 Phoenix mass sighting), in virtually all cases, there have been no landings. This bit of evidence would indicate that the sightings were likely linked to time travel instead of extraterrestrial life.

Personally, until there is concrete evidence I have my doubts.

Let's challenge the idea that UFO's come from other planets, galaxies, and solar systems. TET's Time Travel explanation does not argue that this couldn't happen, but rather that the majority of the UFO sightings on earth are actually sightings of time machines that came from another era on earth.

UFO Time Travel

If anyone from the future were to travel back into time, why would they post online? If they somehow figured out a way to travel back in time (getting over the speed of light obstacle), then there is a possibility that the internet is a thing of the past, and they would not even be aware of it.

Time travel experiment fails to find online evidence - Technology & Science - CBC News

Time travellers, if they really exist, seem to be keeping their adventures to themselves.

Researchers with perhaps a bit too much time on their hands conducted an extensive internet and social media search for evidence of time travellers going back in history and then bragging about it online.

And they came up empty. No real life Dr. Who or Marty McFly from the movie Back to the Future tweeting secrets a bit early.

Spurred by idle chat during Thursday poker games, an astrophysicist and his students at Michigan Technological University in Houghton, Michigan, searched for mentions of Pope Francis and Comet ISON before they popped into reality. Francis was elected pope last March and ISON was first detected in September 2012.

The idea: If someone mentions a Pope Francis in a 2011 tweet, Facebook post or blog item, then they must have come back from the future with special knowledge.

On the contrary. Anyone traveling backwards in time that then posted on a message board about the future posts of the message board would create a parallel alternate message-verse where there was never a later post to compare with.

On the contrary. Anyone traveling backwards in time that then posted on a message board about the future posts of the message board would create a parallel alternate message-verse where there was never a later post to compare with.

Interesting. I'm wondering though if time travel were ever possible in the future, it would likely be in an era so far advanced that anyone travelling back might not even know anything about the internet. It would be obsolete in the prehistoric sense.

UFO sightings could very well be time machines from the future. However, without solid evidence, there is no credibility.

Let's agree here and now that if any of us ever get involved with time travel, we'll come back to now and post in this thread in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Not to bore the kerboozle out of everybody, but I just wanted to point out in my mild-mannered way that part of Einstein's theory of relativity is that, as one were to get closer to the speed of light, time would "dialate", or slow down. At the speed of light, time would stand still, and at FTL, time would actually move backwards. So, to arrive at a destination like Alpha Centauri Prime, 4.3 light years away, one would have to calculate how long it would take to get to FTL, how long to stay in FTL and when to drop into normal space in order to arrive at point B in relatively (ha ha) no time at all.

But we have no technology to prove this - yet.

But then again, just 150 years ago, we still were not flying, now were we, much less going to the moon.

I supposed that time travel could or could not find the internet, depending upon to which point in time one would travel, were it even possible to do so.

Not to mention the horrible danger involved with contaminating the timeline we know as our history.

See: Butterfly Effect.

:D

Not to bore the kerboozle out of everybody, but I just wanted to point out in my mild-mannered way that part of Einstein's theory of relativity is that, as one were to get closer to the speed of light, time would "dialate", or slow down. At the speed of light, time would stand still, and at FTL, time would actually move backwards. So, to arrive at a destination like Alpha Centauri Prime, 4.3 light years away, one would have to calculate how long it would take to get to FTL, how long to stay in FTL and when to drop into normal space in order to arrive at point B in relatively (ha ha) no time at all.

But then again, just 150 years ago, we still were not flying, now were we, much less going to the moon.

I supposed that time travel could or could not find the internet, depending upon to which point in time one would travel, were it even possible to do so.

Not to mention the horrible danger involved with contaminating the timeline we know as our history.

Take the keys to your starship and fly, Monkeys. Fly!

Education.
Education.​
Education.​

Let's agree here and now that if any of us ever get involved with time travel, we'll come back to now and post in this thread in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Here is the post.

What? You think we use the metric system or something as archaic as that in the future?

Two things, Stat -

1 nothing can travel faster than the speed of light - except for very short distances, that notwithstanding - time travel is entirely possible.

2 I believe that one would not be able to change the present by altering the past - time always continues in a forwardly motion; thus, time would "fork" at the point where you re-entered the past, preventing you from harming yourself or your own version of the universe ... only the "new" alternate version of it.

I know, It's a bit of a stretch and there is no real evidence yet, but this works ... so far.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back