Time travel proven possible

So where do you go? Wanna be a witness to something historical or alter history?

Hitler?
Stalin?
The signing on the Declaration of Independence?
Dinosaurs?
Last Friday?

For me I would go back to see who and how the pyramids were built.

But keep in mind if you go back to kill Hitler how then would your future self know to go kill Hitler???
my 3 choices are
#1 constitutional convention 1787

#2 either the building of the pyramids or machu pichu,,

#3 dawn of time and man,,,

Nah, you want to travel back to Nov. 2, 2016 and bet 10 million dollars that Trump is going to win!
Escrow ?

Einstein proved time travel feasible long ago, its a matter of energy, which based upon current state of understanding in physics, would require virtually the entire energy potential of an entire planet! If you can generate your own gravity, you can do anything, forward, backward in time, anything!

More like the power output of a dwarf star, but yes, his calculations showed it to be possible, but he didn't like it.
Something like that, I'm not a physicist, but I have on many occasions had it explained that time travel (in technical terms) is a fact! It comes down to energy, my understanding is if you can generate gravity, then you can do anything, in effect Godlike ability to move in and out of time ect... Quantum Physicist "Dr Michio Kaku" would be a very good source for those with an intellect, to turn to for explanation... As I recall, Kaku states we are approximately 500-1000 years out from such science being put into practical application, but the mathematics is all in on the feasibility, and it has been ever since Albert published E=mc2!

View attachment 394197

Far enough ahead to steal the secret to FTL and get the hell out of here.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Not to be a spoilsport, and to be a huge nerd, but the Serenity's drive was sublight only.

You sure about that?

Yup. "Firefly"'s Verse is a star cluster, with multiple suns and dozens of terraformed planets and moons. The Firefly-class ship has gravity- and intertia-altering technology, and a pulse drive, allowing a ship to cross the entire Verse in 25 days if it has the most powerful drive. There's no need for a FTL drive.

/huge nerd

View attachment 394197

*****CHUCKLE*****

Not to be a spoilsport, and to be a huge nerd, but the Serenity's drive was sublight only.

You sure about that?

Yup. "Firefly"'s Verse is a star cluster, with multiple suns and dozens of terraformed planets and moons. The Firefly-class ship has gravity- and intertia-altering technology, and a pulse drive, allowing a ship to cross the entire Verse in 25 days if it has the most powerful drive. There's no need for a FTL drive.

/huge nerd

In Serenity though, they went to the planet of the dead. Where in the verse was that? Even if they were in a globular cluster, the distances are still pretty vast.

View attachment 394197

*****CHUCKLE*****

You sure about that?

/huge nerd

In Serenity though, they went to the planet of the dead. Where in the verse was that? Even if they were in a globular cluster, the distances are still pretty vast.

I have no idea; it's been several years since I watched the series. Might need to watch it again.

View attachment 394197

*****CHUCKLE*****

You sure about that?

/huge nerd

I have no idea; it's been several years since I watched the series. Might need to watch it again.

1601340774506.png

They had to utilize some sort of FTL to reach the global cluster in the first place.

*****SMILE*****

:)

View attachment 394197

*****CHUCKLE*****

You sure about that?

/huge nerd

View attachment 394297

They had to utilize some sort of FTL to reach the global cluster in the first place.

*****SMILE*****

Perhaps; I can't find anything "official" describing the diaspora.

There is an unofficial timeline, drawn from a number of sources, that says:

"Humanity emigrates to this new solar system en masse, with every person willing and able to leave the Earth migrating there to colonise its worlds. The journey takes so long that an entire generation never even sees the outside of a spaceship, but the planets are ready for habitation and civilisation begins to rebuild."

Of course, even a slow FTL drive could take a generation to cross any significant distance. Space is BIG.

View attachment 394197

*****CHUCKLE*****

You sure about that?

/huge nerd

The planet had been terraformed and 30 Million people planted on it, the Government introduced a chemical in the air that caused most to die a very small percent to go stark raving mad. The planet was on the fring of the cluster and was unknown because the Government made it so no one went there because the ravers camped between it and the cluster.

View attachment 394197

*****CHUCKLE*****

You sure about that?

/huge nerd

The planet had been terraformed and 30 Million people planted on it, the Government introduced a chemical in the air that caused most to die a very small percent to go stark raving mad. The planet was on the fring of the cluster and was unknown because the Government made it so no one went there because the ravers camped between it and the cluster.

GUNNY'S A HUGE NERD HA

Good stuff, man. I really gotta watch the show again.

Einstein proved time travel feasible long ago, its a matter of energy, which based upon current state of understanding in physics, would require virtually the entire energy potential of an entire planet! If you can generate your own gravity, you can do anything, forward, backward in time, anything!
Why no aliens, why no guests from the future, then?

Who said so? The government?

View attachment 394197

*****CHUCKLE*****

You sure about that?

/huge nerd

View attachment 394297

*****SMILE*****

"Humanity emigrates to this new solar system en masse, with every person willing and able to leave the Earth migrating there to colonise its worlds. The journey takes so long that an entire generation never even sees the outside of a spaceship, but the planets are ready for habitation and civilisation begins to rebuild."

Of course, even a slow FTL drive could take a generation to cross any significant distance. Space is BIG.

1601342914450.png

Nearest global cluster I know of is 30,000 light years away.

Even at 100 times the speed of light it'd take 300 years to reach.

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 394197

*****CHUCKLE*****

You sure about that?

/huge nerd

View attachment 394297

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 394324

*****CHUCKLE*****

Dood. It's television, not a documentary.

View attachment 394197

*****CHUCKLE*****

You sure about that?

/huge nerd

View attachment 394297

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 394324

*****CHUCKLE*****

Dood. It's television, not a documentary.

1601343370544.png

Dude! I only used the Firefly intro song in my FTL time heist because I like the song.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Why no aliens, why no guests from the future, then?

Who said so? The government?
No.

The real paradox of time travel is location. If you went back to yesterday, you would be in outer space. The only feasible theory is that time exists concurrently in different dimensions at the same location. Read Timeline by Michael Crichton.

Forum List

Back