Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Violence has escalated, it must be responded to:

http://op-for.com/2006/09/iraq_and_afghanistan_escalatin.html
Iraq and Afghanistan Escalating
By John

62 Bodies Found in Baghdad --

BAGHDAD, Sept. 13 -- Nearly 100 people were killed or found dead in a series of bloody incidents throughout the Iraqi capital over the past 24 hours, authorities said.

At least 62 unidentified bullet-riddled corpses--all bearing signs of torture--have been found throughout the city since Tuesday night, said Brig. Gen. Abdullah Mahmood of the Interior Ministry.

And things aren't looking much better in Afghanistan. Mike Yon's latest at National Review:

Until recently, suicide bombings were virtually unknown in Afghanistan. Today they are common. Several CADG employees, including one Brit, were driving on a dangerous section of road recently and came upon a fresh car-bomb detonation. An Afghan employee got out and picked up the hand and brought it back to the car, took it to the office, and buried it. Five suicide bombings have occurred this year in the immediate vicinity of CADG operations, although each attack was targeting a different person. Daily attacks of various sorts make reconstruction projects increasingly difficult to complete.​

There is a dedicated movement in this country who manipulates news of this sort into an argument for giving up. On the contrary, I see it as reason to step up, to intensify.

Pro-war bloggers have a habit of ignoring the bad news, in the same way that anti-war bloggers ignore the good news. I'll be the first to admit guilt in that courtroom. But that's the wrong path.

We simply must acknowledge our military defeats. We must learn from them, adjust, and rededicate ourselves to accomplishing the mission and winning the war. The news that 62 innocent Iraqis were tortured and beheaded isn't reason to despair or give up hope, it's a call to arms a reminder of the pure evil of that we are fighting. It reaffirms our belief that we are the good guys, they are the bad guys, and that good guys killing bad guys is one of the few cosmic rights in this universe.

Guys like Mike Yon understand that. In an email earlier today, he wrote:

We are going to lose that war if we do not make radical changes. We are not seriously trying to win it.​

Yon's got what I call focused pessimissm. When he writes that the ground sit in Iraq or Afghanistan is taking a dive, it's out of a true, apolitical desire to win the war. He understands that selling blood, toil, tears, and sweat didn't go out of style in the mid-40s. People, Americans especially, respond to challenges. This war is a challenge, and it's time we start responding to it.

Half of any fight is how you pull yourself up after you've taken one on the chin. If we can't stand back up, then we stay on the mat. And we lose the war.
September 13, 2006 02:13 PM The Long War

Jihad's on.

Can't forget about kitman:

“Kitman” is close to “taqiyya,” but rather than outright dissimulation, it consists in telling only a part of the truth, with “mental reservation” justifying the omission of the rest. One example may suffice. When a Muslim maintains that “jihad” really means “a spiritual struggle,” and fails to add that this definition is a recent one in Islam (little more than a century old), he misleads by holding back, and is practicing “kitman.”

It's okay if you're an infidel: http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/004628.php

And then there's the old standby, the "al-taqiyya":

Muslims were granted the Shar'iyee right (legitimacy) to infiltrate the Dar el-Harb (war zone), infiltrate the enemy's cities and forums and plant the seeds of discord and sedition. These agents were acting on behalf of the Muslim authority at war, and therefore were not considered as lying against or denouncing the tenants of Islam.

http://www.geocities.com/bharatvarsha1947/January_2003/destroykafirs.htm

An Islamo-fascists goal is to always reclaim former Islamic land.

For the life of me, I can't understand why our approach to this war is so p.c.. I hate to use the Vietnam war as an example so maybe I will throw in the Korean war a well. Yea some may say those were conflicts and not wars but I can guarantee you the men and women who were in Country will tell you otherwise. Like Vietnam and Korea the full force of the U.S. military was not used for stupid and self-defeating reasons. Somewhere shortly after WW2, the U.S. forgot what sacrifice it took to win wars. I am not speaking about the U.S. Armed forces. They had victory in almost every major and minor engagement with the enemy. Its the U.S. government and a great number of its people who have loss the will to fight. Currently in both Iraq and Afghanistan, the U.S. Armed forces are wining the battles. (At-least the battles they are allowed to fight.) While the Government thinks more about how the rest of the world will react to a superpower acting like a SuperPower.
Wake up people! The rest of the world hates America! Why should we care about what the world thinks? The rest of the world is envious of our great wealth, technology, stature, and so on. And while our troops fight a war against a determine and patient enemy, most of the American people are more concerned with their sports teams, Entertainment outlets and all the that other eye and ear candy. Few American can even find Iraq and Afghanistan on a world map. Most can tell you name of the New England Patriots QB or the name of Brad Pitt's new born child, but few can name the Secretary of Defense or the Secretary of State. We are destined to loose this war of ideology,culture, and religion if we don't wake up and take this fight seriously. No, its not going to happen overnight with a Islam call to prayer in every town-square or the loss of our basic freedoms and rights. But look back to the 1940's and 50's when there was respect for one another and you did for others needs before your own. It was a time of sacrifice and "America First" ideology. Today its mostly what can you do for me ideology. When will we wake up?

Forum List

Back