CDZ Time to Start Prepping

Very Very few societies simply evaporate. Societies decline over time and are consumed by greater, more powerful ones. Yes there are famines, yes there are diseases but global collapse to the levels of "The Road" is absurd.
The ideas propagated by 'doom preppers' are total collapse. My argument is simply that, saving some extreme disaster..nuclear...biological...astrological...it's just not gonna happen.
Further...planning for some global catastrophe is a bit paranoid. I mean one could have worse hobbies...but.

And, this pretty much relates to what you're pointing out; found it while looking for something else entirely, but it corroborates your point.

Olivia Formby of the University of Queensland has written a terrific thesis, building on Keith Wrightson’s microhistory of a Newcastle scrivener in the 1630s, on the emotional history of plague epidemics in 1630s England. She studies two outbreaks in particular, in Louth in 1631 and Hull in 1637: both took around 800 lives, which in Louth’s case amounted to 44% of the population of the town.

44%! Try to imagine that for a moment. ... Now what do you come up with? As she points out, there are a series of highly excitable images of utter social collapse, despair and descent into barbarism to be culled from contemporary plague literature, and a lot of historians have swallowed this ‘dystopic vision’ wholesale. Whether because we simply believed it, or because the quotes make good copy for our textbooks. But as she points out – and proves with a careful reading of wills and parochial documents, but really, the point is self-evidently true once she has made it – that’s not really what happened. English towns didn’t collapse into a Hobbesian world of desperation as the death toll mounted; they kept calm and carried on. They didn’t even tend to suffer panics of scapegoating or paranoia about deliberate plague-spreaders or witchcraft. Instead they made wills, conducted funerals, regulated trade, listened to sermons and prayed for it all to end.

Alec Ryrie: We all fall down

According to recent news stories, preppers are thinning out; calling it due to their confidence in Donald Trump:

Doomsday preppers are thinning out across the US, and it may be because President Trump quiets their fears

Meanwhile, economists, realizing that all presidential administrations end and historical cycles repeat themselves think millennials are about to be up against hard times:

The Next Recession Will Destroy Millennials

Millennials are much poorer than their parents

So, if you are of a survival mindset, wouldn't you think that NOW is a more appropriate time to begin prepping rather than to wait until the excrement interacts with the electric oscillating device? And when I say prepping, it is not limited to being able to survive unspeakable calamities, but to have actual assets so that when jobs are scarce, you have something to fall back on and maybe a skill set that you can adapt to a failing economy?

If you wait until the SHTF, you waited too long. Stuff triples in price; it becomes scarce and the current generations are not preparing for their own future, so nobody has anything to bargain with.
I've been considered a "prepper" for years. Thus, I live off-grid and removed far enough from a major population hub that I might stand a chance. I have also groomed skills that predate most modern grocery stores. Hoarding gold? That's just stupid IMHO. Can't eat gold, can't build with gold, and when the fecal matter hits the rotary oscillator, gold will have little use as a barter medium.

According to recent news stories, preppers are thinning out; calling it due to their confidence in Donald Trump:

Doomsday preppers are thinning out across the US, and it may be because President Trump quiets their fears

Meanwhile, economists, realizing that all presidential administrations end and historical cycles repeat themselves think millennials are about to be up against hard times:

So, if you are of a survival mindset, wouldn't you think that NOW is a more appropriate time to begin prepping rather than to wait until the excrement interacts with the electric oscillating device? And when I say prepping, it is not limited to being able to survive unspeakable calamities, but to have actual assets so that when jobs are scarce, you have something to fall back on and maybe a skill set that you can adapt to a failing economy?

If you wait until the SHTF, you waited too long. Stuff triples in price; it becomes scarce and the current generations are not preparing for their own future, so nobody has anything to bargain with.

Now is the time to be prepping. But the prepping you should be doing now is not storing bottles of water, ammo and MRE’s in your basement. No, the type of prepping you should be doing now is financial. Prepping for the increasingly likely possibility of a world wide recession.
Yes, but can you eat and drink your investments? Good luck with that. If a world wide recession occurs, what do you think you will need most? Good stock investments or a basement full of hard rations?

Not sure how much prepping folks can do, when Big Brother can take away everything you have saved. What is the point?

:dunno:

Doesn't anyone remember this?

Executive Order 6102 - Wikipedia

What makes folks think the same won't be done with silver and gold once they switch everyone over to a completely digital world wide currency and marital law is declared everywhere?

If you horde food, water and ammo? They will declare you a terrorist. I am pretty sure, there are already some laws on the books about this.
They will have to take my stuff over my cold, dead body. At that point, it won't matter to me any more and there will be several other people it won't matter to any more, either. I will not go without an honor guard of my enemies.

Bah! That time was 6 years ago.

Only thing I should do is dig a well and put a hand pump on it.

No sense in relying on generators and things like that.
I have the well, but how would I convert the electric pump to a hand pump? Where would you find a new hand pump? I saw a bunch of rusty hand pumps at a flea market a couple of years ago and thought, hmmmmm, one of those could come in handy, kicking myself that I didn't buy it....

I think I'm gonna have issues with getting the water up with a hand pump, the well is 400 ft deep.... but I was thinking once the hard work was put in to prime it, then it could be easier?? I dunno?
You can buy hand pumps from pump supply places. Problem is, they cost at least twice as much as electric pumps. I want a hand pump but the thing costs almost $5000!!!

Those 'millennial doomsday preppers' aren't really preppers at all if they give it up so easily. More like fair weather preppers....here today gone tomorrow. Not that I'm a doomsday prepper, but we've been thru enough personal disasters of one type or another to warrant a few supplies. It never hurts to have a few extras put back for a rainy day.
Here, we need to be prepared in case of massive fire, earthquake, or volcano damages. Wildfires scare me most. But my well will survive any fire and having access to a well will increase my chances of getting through a wildfire. Push-comes-to-shove, I will stay on my place and pump water as long as I can in order to save my home.

I have the well, but how would I convert the electric pump to a hand pump? Where would you find a new hand pump? I saw a bunch of rusty hand pumps at a flea market a couple of years ago and thought, hmmmmm, one of those could come in handy, kicking myself that I didn't buy it....

I think I'm gonna have issues with getting the water up with a hand pump, the well is 400 ft deep.... but I was thinking once the hard work was put in to prime it, then it could be easier?? I dunno?
Here, we need to be prepared in case of massive fire, earthquake, or volcano damages. Wildfires scare me most. But my well will survive any fire and having access to a well will increase my chances of getting through a wildfire. Push-comes-to-shove, I will stay on my place and pump water as long as I can in order to save my home.

Can preparers explain this to me?
If society collapses, what are you prepping for?
Do you want to live in a world where society has collapsed and there is rampant crime and disorder?
To what benefit does living through a collapse hold?
Do you look forward to eking an existence in a world more akin to the 19th century that the 21st?
Why?
Why not shoot yourself now, then?
Society is not so great for people like me, is it? Society has created a government so corrupt and disassociated with reality that I cannot choose my own food...let's not get into the myriad other shit...
Yes, I plan on surviving come what may. I suspect a better world should collapse of this corrupt, misguided society occur. I will be here, will you?

Now is the time to be prepping. But the prepping you should be doing now is not storing bottles of water, ammo and MRE’s in your basement. No, the type of prepping you should be doing now is financial. Prepping for the increasingly likely possibility of a world wide recession.

Prepping in this era means to get out of debt and yes, buy a firearm and some ammo. It will be illegal to own guns by the time Trump leaves office.

Water doesn't cost a lot to store, so you should be doing it, but I'd seek out heirloom seeds instead of a heavy investment in MREs. The top three key things all of you should do to prep today is to get out of debt, then get out of debt and then get out of debt. Then learn a skill that can be used when the economy takes a downturn: plumbing, electrical, mechanical, carpentry, gardening, etc.
Heirloom seeds are important. Never forget that the owners of big GMO concerns have bred the ability to procreate out of their patented seeds and unless you buy their seeds at great expense, you will be held in thrall to big GMO companies for your food resources. All part of the plan, my man...

Is it your position that very presence of Trump disasters will no longer happen? No power outages due to weather? What happened to the Oceans are going to rise thing?

Personally, I think that with the presence of Trump there will be a greater chance of civil unrest and even war within the United States. The threat of disasters - like that of mother nature NEVER take holidays, regardless of who is in office. Just based on natural disasters, I've never understood the downturns in prepping.

If the weatherman says you have 30 minutes to get to a fall out shelter due to a hurricane, you don't want to wake up the next morning with just the clothes on your back. Then, again, that appears to be what most people are comfortable with. I started carrying a Go Bag (Get Outta Dodge Bag, Bug Out Bag) when I was single many years ago. I could leave town or stay over somewhere and still have everything I needed the next morning. It morphed into a three day bag by the time I found out about prepping.
I agree with you assessment that the probability of civil unrest is greater now than ever. The TDS people are deranged beyond belief and the existence of ANTIFA and similar anti-American groups determined to de-stabilize our country almost insure we will have such unrest, especially if President Trump wins re-election.

It has to be a shallow or artesian well. Here it would be a shallow sand well @ around 30-35 feet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DZKVEW/?tag=ff0d01-20
A sand point well works OK. Problem would be water purity. I have a great Burkey water filter. I can use surface water with this filter system, needs be...

2020 may be this countries last election
if we make it to 2030 without some spicy time I'd be shocked

If its a super volcano , killer asteroid, or all out nuclear war it no longer matters because barely anything will survive it .
For all other SHTF scenarios
The only way to really properly bug out (if youre not already rural or off the grid) is to pre bug out .....urbanites you may be stuck Dont worry the government and the UN is coming to save you ...wait for the trucks........ :auiqs.jpg:
i-am-not-6vd3kq.jpg

Suburbanites depends where you are........where ever that is expect commies and zombies. If you're in Nassau and Suffolk county NY Id probably get a boat ...it'll be your only escape ...1000 bucks the local rednecks still out in Suffolk will be slaughtering everything that moves .

IF youre in the suburbs that backyard pool is a great reservoir have something on hand to purify it with

Ammo
water supply
Food
MRES are good to have BUT learn how to grow your own and preserve it ..
learn how to preserve meat
Greenhouses on yer property are your friends

Rabbits produce like rabbits are easy to keep and are tasty
Hunting and fishing .......if ya dont already GET TO IT
Antibotics and other meds ...(Vaccum packed while civilization is still standing )
sSmall denomination Blank Gold and silver rounds
learn skills , improve on those ya already have
A local SHTF family n friends circle
some everyday things you can buy in bulk like toilet paper and rice ...use and rotate yer stock.
Books are also your friends ..For instance medical books
You can take it much further like some have and are
From solar panels to diesel storage tanks to ham radio set ups

Anything can set off a total collapse ..whatever it may be When the trucks stop rolling walgreens will be outta toilet paper and tylenol ...maybe forever

no 911 services, no electricity, no water/sewage ...yer fuckdiddlyucked flanders

I like civilization
I like flushing the toilet , having a hot shower everyday ,flicking on the light switch, Jumping into the leather bucket seats and heading to the piggly wiggly for a twelve pack and a rib eye ....having a white American guy detail my car ....DOING THE JOBS AMERICANS WONT DO :1peleas:....pfffft pfffft pfffft

Hope for the best prepare for the worst
Prepping not just an anglo sphere or american thing
Anglo sphere meaning Canadian , down under ,and NZ

Prepper Girlz France

Meanwhile as empire decays
Jonathan Garcia
@Jonandstuff
‘Why Don’t We Murder More White People?’ is a gallery installation and film being displayed at @ybca Public Square on Saturday, June 1st, 2-6pm in San Francisco, CA. Tickets are on sale now. Thank you to everyone who has supported me in this work!
Embedded video
4:07 PM - May 24, 2019

Good luck out there
Itll be a pleasure to know Progressive NAZI left wing retards in the cities will be droppin like flies

View attachment 276488

You imply there's a difference between zombies and socialists.

Do you want to live in a world where society has collapsed and there is rampant crime and disorder?
Do you look forward to eking an existence in a world more akin to the 19th century that the 21st?
Why?
I have a buddy that fantasizes about it.

He hates taxes.

I guess this is preferable to taxes?

:abgg2q.jpg:

Maybe your buddy hates control and taxes represent the way we are held in slavery and forced to finance our own bondage.

On my posts, I'm concerned heavily with unalienable Rights. Most people don't get that about Freedom and Liberty. Unalienable Rights are those Rights that preexisted before the Constitution was penned. Those kinds of Rights cannot be bought, sold, traded, with-held, forfeited, or infringed. Few understand that.

Many people prep so as to be ready for natural disasters and unforeseen circumstances. Even in those scenarios we generally bounce back in a few weeks - even under the worst of conditions. We have insurance and so forth, so preparing for a few weeks without the power grid shouldn't be that hard. I just don't understand why more people don't do it. We ought to make that a required high school course.

Beyond that, some prep for an armed invasion into the United States. Rocket Man, at least for me, symbolizes the kind of fruit loop with delusions of grandeur big enough to try and attack the U.S. His goals may not be the U.S., but he represents the kind of person we all fear.

The next major fear from outright invasion comes from our own government becoming tyrannical. Some envision tanks and troops or maybe roving bands of terrorists like antifa wreaking havoc on the landscape. At the current time, I don't see that happening.

The United States has the most external debt in the world with China and Japan owning well in excess of 2 TRILLION DOLLARS of our debt. Owning large chunks of our debt and funneling billions upon billions worth of goods into the United States, they play a major influence in our politics. The left would love to emulate them. For that reason, I think part of prepping ought to include understanding the problems that we are faced with, who the players are, and how they are controlling America. I think real preppers already do this to some extent, but fall short due to partisan politics. This area of prepping should be expanded on and topics like the influence of drugs and drug money coupled with political propaganda, and political guerrilla warfare should be examined much more closely than in the past.

Without the right amounts of knowledge in each area, we may fail as a nation without ever having had a chance to defend our Freedoms and Liberties.

As a "prepper", I am most concerned with surviving a natural disaster. Secondary, I envision being able to withstand most government/terrorist type attacks. I am remote and not that significant. I am pretty self-sufficient. Mostly, I will be of interest to those unable or unwilling to support themselves. I am not defenseless. Should an asteroid strike the Earth, or the Sun nuke us all, I don't really care.

Why?
I have a buddy that fantasizes about it.

He hates taxes.

I guess this is preferable to taxes?

:abgg2q.jpg:

Maybe your buddy hates control and taxes represent the way we are held in slavery and forced to finance our own bondage.

On my posts, I'm concerned heavily with unalienable Rights. Most people don't get that about Freedom and Liberty. Unalienable Rights are those Rights that preexisted before the Constitution was penned. Those kinds of Rights cannot be bought, sold, traded, with-held, forfeited, or infringed. Few understand that.

Many people prep so as to be ready for natural disasters and unforeseen circumstances. Even in those scenarios we generally bounce back in a few weeks - even under the worst of conditions. We have insurance and so forth, so preparing for a few weeks without the power grid shouldn't be that hard. I just don't understand why more people don't do it. We ought to make that a required high school course.

Beyond that, some prep for an armed invasion into the United States. Rocket Man, at least for me, symbolizes the kind of fruit loop with delusions of grandeur big enough to try and attack the U.S. His goals may not be the U.S., but he represents the kind of person we all fear.

The next major fear from outright invasion comes from our own government becoming tyrannical. Some envision tanks and troops or maybe roving bands of terrorists like antifa wreaking havoc on the landscape. At the current time, I don't see that happening.

The United States has the most external debt in the world with China and Japan owning well in excess of 2 TRILLION DOLLARS of our debt. Owning large chunks of our debt and funneling billions upon billions worth of goods into the United States, they play a major influence in our politics. The left would love to emulate them. For that reason, I think part of prepping ought to include understanding the problems that we are faced with, who the players are, and how they are controlling America. I think real preppers already do this to some extent, but fall short due to partisan politics. This area of prepping should be expanded on and topics like the influence of drugs and drug money coupled with political propaganda, and political guerrilla warfare should be examined much more closely than in the past.

Without the right amounts of knowledge in each area, we may fail as a nation without ever having had a chance to defend our Freedoms and Liberties.

As a "prepper", I am most concerned with surviving a natural disaster. Secondary, I envision being able to withstand most government/terrorist type attacks. I am remote and not that significant. I am pretty self-sufficient. Mostly, I will be of interest to those unable or unwilling to support themselves. I am not defenseless. Should an asteroid strike the Earth, or the Sun nuke us all, I don't really care.

Back in the 1990s the federal government went to a lot of trouble to harass and intimidate a man named Randy Weaver, an ex Green Beret that lived in a plywood shack in a place called Ruby Ridge. He just wanted to get away from everything and be left alone.

I see the political scenery and think we're in for some really challenging times ahead.

Yes, but can you eat and drink your investments? Good luck with that. If a world wide recession occurs, what do you think you will need most? Good stock investments or a basement full of hard rations?

Good stock investments, or gold or other valuable assets can be exchanged quite easily for all that stale food in your basement.

New Topics

Forum List

Back