Time to ban Air Soft/BB guns...at least realistic looking ones

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Saw an interesting post on here. A parent criticized police because his 16 year old son "likes to run around the neighborhood shooting his friends with air soft". Wow. These guns look real. Military and police actual use them in training. Manufacturers make them look real...because kids and adult buyers want them to look real.

Yet...this parent blamed cops for his fear that his son could get shot. Cops recieve calls every day in every city in America over teens with toy guns. Turns out people dont want Air Soft War being fought in Green Acres. Kids and pets and windows and cars...shit gets shot that they dont want to get shot. And almost all of them end ok...cops tell kids to go home and they do.

But..like Cleveland. ..rare but tragic events happen. Most schools shooters are teens. Many teens with hats look adult. Toy guns...look almost identical to real guns.

Yet a parent would say its ok for his adult sized son...to run around with replica weapons throughout the community shooting friends...then demand that cops figure out the difference without looking in the mirror to realize that a parent maybe shouldnt let their kid carry replica firearm in public- and demand society realize its a toy???

Sorry parents. This is on you. If it looks like a gun...we see a gun. The guy said "cops arent soldiers". No...they arent. And neither is your child. So dont give him a replica realistic looking firearm to go play war with in the community and then demand the community figure it out that he isnt yet another whacked out murderous teen.

Saw an interesting post on here. A parent criticized police because his 16 year old son "likes to run around the neighborhood shooting his friends with air soft". Wow. These guns look real. Military and police actual use them in training. Manufacturers make them look real...because kids and adult buyers want them to look real.

Yet...this parent blamed cops for his fear that his son could get shot. Cops recieve calls every day in every city in America over teens with toy guns. Turns out people dont want Air Soft War being fought in Green Acres. Kids and pets and windows and cars...shit gets shot that they dont want to get shot. And almost all of them end ok...cops tell kids to go home and they do.

But..like Cleveland. ..rare but tragic events happen. Most schools shooters are teens. Many teens with hats look adult. Toy guns...look almost identical to real guns.

Yet a parent would say its ok for his adult sized son...to run around with replica weapons throughout the community shooting friends...then demand that cops figure out the difference without looking in the mirror to realize that a parent maybe shouldnt let their kid carry replica firearm in public- and demand society realize its a toy???

Sorry parents. This is on you. If it looks like a gun...we see a gun. The guy said "cops arent soldiers". No...they arent. And neither is your child. So dont give him a replica realistic looking firearm to go play war with in the community and then demand the community figure it out that he isnt yet another whacked out murderous teen.

I saw that post. Sorry the poster is too poor to afford to send their child to a facility that is set up for that kind of activity. My sons also enjoy shooting their buddies with Airsoft guns. They have several that look entirely real. They frequent a local business that is set up just for that sort of activity. If one doesn't want to see teenage boys running around with realistic guns, they best not go to this business.

But if I catch my kids "running around town shooting their buddies with Airsoft" the police will be the least of their worries, and in fact would probably end up being their protectors, from me.

I saw that post. Sorry the poster is too poor to afford to send their child to a facility that is set up for that kind of activity. My sons also enjoy shooting their buddies with Airsoft guns. They have several that look entirely real. They frequent a local business that is set up just for that sort of activity. If one doesn't want to see teenage boys running around with realistic guns, they best not go to this business.

But if I catch my kids "running around town shooting their buddies with Airsoft" the police will be the least of their worries, and in fact would probably end up being their protectors, from me.

Well said. Let kids shoot them inside their own home or fenced in back yard.

But these parents let their kids run wild throughout the community with realistic looking bb guns...amongst citizens who cant tell the difference. ..in a time in history where mental illness has led many teens to murder others......and these parents blame cops. Wow.

I dont have a problem with them as long as they are used in the proper location.
Any parent who would allow their kid to run around the neighborhood with one shouldnt have children.
We used to run around the woods playing paintball,but then a paintball gun looks like a paintball gun.

I dont have a problem with them as long as they are used in the proper location.
Any parent who would allow their kid to run around the neighborhood with one shouldnt have children.
We used to run around the woods playing paintball,but then a paintball gun looks like a paintball gun.

Yep. But some are criticizing cops for them having to worry that their Little Johnny with his replica AK47 running around the neighborhood shooting his friends....could possibly get shot.

I thought manufacturers were supposed to colorize the tip of the barrel or entire gun.

The toy guns, pellet/bb guns we used as kids looked like real ones also.. I still have my .45 Navy automatic pistol/M1911 pellet shooter with C02 cartridges..Just got my 12 year old and M-4 assault pump pellet and BB rifle..His air soft pistol has an orange tip at the end of the barrel...Cops like to take away our rights....

But these parents let their kids run wild throughout the community with realistic looking bb guns...amongst citizens who cant tell the difference. ..in a time in history where mental illness has led many teens to murder others......and these parents blame cops. Wow.
What did you play with as a kid?? Rocks? Oh yeah, those are dangerous also..

This is more of that good old fashion police tyrants wanting to save ourselves from ourselves, fuck the pigs...

Then you are not that old...

This is more of that good old fashion police tyrants wanting to save ourselves from ourselves, fuck the pigs...

I had a bb gun. Mom made me stay in our fenced back yard. Never woulda run around town with it flashing it at people.

When your teen kid runs around town trying to look like he has a real gun...dont be shocked when he convinces people.

I thought manufacturers were supposed to colorize the tip of the barrel or entire gun.
They are. But the OP would still let the cops off the hook.

Yeah...because kids who want realistic air soft guns would NEVER paint that tip black or just take it off.
Well, I don't think you can take it off...but if they paint the tip...no complaining when they are burying the little shit.

Excellent point here OP.

But the larger question is -- why does a kid want to run around with a gun in the first place, toy or not? What's his motivation? Who sold him these values?

Who indeed -- gun fetishists here keep telling me "we don't have a gun culture".
Watch this --

Stupefying, innit? Did they actually think there would be no consequences? How do you like the reactions of the cops here?

Spiritual values, as taught by our world. That's severely fucked up. And then we act surprised when it's acted out.

I had a bb gun. Mom made me stay in our fenced back yard. Never woulda run around town with it flashing it at people.

When your teen kid runs around town trying to look like he has a real gun...dont be shocked when he convinces people.
I took mine out in the woods...my mother found out, took it away and never gave it back.

Yep. But some are criticizing cops for them having to worry that their Little Johnny with his replica AK47 running around the neighborhood shooting his friends....could possibly get shot.

Kinda sucks when a parent exposes their children to Darwin instead of guarding them from him,but I guess the end result is the same.

Excellent point here OP.

But the larger question is -- why does a kid want to run around with a gun in the first place, toy or not? What's his motivation? Who sold him these values?

Who indeed -- gun fetishists here keep telling me "we don't have a gun culture".
Watch this.

Spiritual values, as taught by our world. That's severely fucked up. And then we act surprised when it's acted out.

Thats a good point. We have glorified gun and warrior culture for sure. Im pro 2nd amendment. But I dont glorify guns.

We ran all over the neighborhood, the school yards playing guns and no cops ever shot us...this was the 1960's though and cops did not have that shoot first find answers latter attitude. I understand that some areas are dangerous for cops, but all of the USA should not have restrictions on freedoms by those that use their perception of a future proactive mentality....

Forum List

Back