Time for honest posters to admit mistakes

nodoginnafight

No Party Affiliation
Dec 15, 2008
Georgia
I'll go first:

I posted my opposition to the Afghan surge but I now have to admit that it is paying off. Some very real progress is happening there. Some very hard-line militants have been killed, captured and/or driven to the negotiating table. It also appears that by expressing our own committment, we have convinced many allies to join in the effort in a much bigger way than they were before. (Pakistan & Russia to name two)

So in that same spirit of honesty and now that our economic recovery is showing some real traction, it's time for some of you posters (you and I BOTH know who you are) to admit that you were wrong about the futility of the economic stimulus packages and to admit that you were wrong in your promises of hyper-inflation.

I'll go first:

I posted my opposition to the Afghan surge but I now have to admit that it is paying off. Some very real progress is happening there. Some very hard-line militants have been killed, captured and/or driven to the negotiating table. It also appears that by expressing our own committment, we have convinced many allies to join in the effort in a much bigger way than they were before. (Pakistan & Russia to name two)

So in that same spirit of honesty and now that our economic recovery is showing some real traction, it's time for some of you posters (you and I BOTH know who you are) to admit that you were wrong about the futility of the economic stimulus packages and to admit that you were wrong in your promises of hyper-inflation.

I have no idea who you are referring to but I wonder why you conclude that since you think you were wrong on Afghanistan surge that has ANYthing to do with the economic stimulus package???

I don't think nearly enough time has gone by to determine that yet.

What facts do you point to as " real traction" ?

I believed republicans back in '94, when they claimed that they would get rid of the Departments of Energy, Commerce and Edumacation (among other stupid programs) if given a majority in congress, and voted for them on that basis.

They lied....I got suckered.

Never!!!!!!

It will be a cold day in Madonna's crotch before I admit I have ever been wrong.

Though I may have to use some "nuance" regarding my oppostion to the invention of fire.

I wonder why you conclude that since you think you were wrong on Afghanistan surge that has ANYthing to do with the economic stimulus package???

They have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

I believed republicans back in '94, when they claimed that they would get rid of the Departments of Energy, Commerce and Edumacation (among other stupid programs) if given a majority in congress, and voted for them on that basis.

I agree - I signed onto the "Contract with America" and it wasn't me who breached that "contract"

LOL. They knew an ignorant sucker when they saw one:lol:

I'll go first:

Good for you. BHO was wrong in shitting on our military for so long.

What that has to do with any economic recovery that some imagine exists, I'm not sure.

But good for you.

First off, I have admitted on several sites, several times when I have made mistakes.

Second, if you really wanted me to start listing my mistakes, I would not know where to begin. Last one I remember making, probably not the last one I made, was in regards to HRC when I said that any insurance company writing new policies on Wednesday was breaking the law because they were not qualified plans. Seems Antagon pointed out to me that this does not take effect until 2018.

Third, if you really want a list of all my mistakes, I'd have to publish something about the size of the Holy Bible... so forget it.

Immie

First off, I have admitted on several sites, several times when I have made mistakes.

Second, if you really wanted me to start listing my mistakes, I would not know where to begin. Last one I remember making, probably not the last one I made, was in regards to HRC when I said that any insurance company writing new policies on Wednesday was breaking the law because they were not qualified plans. Seems Antagon pointed out to me that this does not take effect until 2018.

Third, if you really want a list of all my mistakes, I'd have to publish something about the size of the Holy Bible... so forget it.

Immie

We all make mistakes from time to time, Immie...We're only human, after all!

Still, I wonder what the OP points to as evidence of "real traction" ?

I hope it turns out to be true but I have my doubts.

Never!!!!!!

It will be a cold day in Madonna's crotch before I admit I have ever been wrong.

Though I may have to use some "nuance" regarding my oppostion to the invention of fire.

Doesn't she still have that cross jammed in there, and who knows what else, from her video? There may not be room for anything else, but when hell freezes over, give it a try. :lol:

Oh, and about mistakes, I make them, and if I realize it I will retract or apologize, I still strive to be perfect but have failed miserably.

Last edited:

My sentiments exactly. At one time, I believed the Republican Party wanted smaller government. They do not and therefore do not deserve my vote.

OK the seems to be a lot of confusion about my OP.
Firstly, the only link between Afghanistan and the economy (the butterfly effect notwithstanding) that I was making is that in the first scenario it was I who can admit my mistake. In the second, I invite others to join me (in light of events) to admit they too made a mistake.

Secondly, if you contend that the economy is NOT showing any signs of recovery (without the promised hyper-inflation) then I would simply suggest that you look over a few financial publications.

OK the seems to be a lot of confusion about my OP.
Firstly, the only link between Afghanistan and the economy (the butterfly effect notwithstanding) that I was making is that in the first scenario it was I who can admit my mistake. In the second, I invite others to join me (in light of events) to admit they too made a mistake.

Secondly, if you contend that the economy is NOT showing any signs of recovery (without the promised hyper-inflation) then I would simply suggest that you look over a few financial publications.
Really? You make a claim and have no intention of supporting it and even tell others to support your claim? That says a lot about your claim.

I contend there is no sign of recovery. Unemployment is still in the double digits. It's barely budged. Florida's unemployment rate actually just went up. The housing market is still in the toilet. There are more people on government assistance than ever in American history. The dollar continues to fall and the U.S. is in danger of losing it's AAA bond rating.

This is not a recovery. It's a death spiral.

Lest we fail to mention that the last several T-bill auctions have been big jokes.

6a00e5501bb44a883301156f29efcd970c-800wi

Did I "tell others to support MY calim"? How so?

as for "no intention to support MY claim" is it your contention that you are unaware of any evidence of recovery traction?

I apologize for making the asumption that posters here have been keeping up with current events. Exactly how much remedial review is required?

I apologize for my lack of patience. But I have not been on these boards for awhile. I've been on discussion boards where other posters don't childishly demand a full review of everything that has been reported on a subject over several months time with each new post.

I'll leave you folks to enjoy each others company once again.

Did I "tell others to support MY calim"? How so?

as for "no intention to support MY claim" is it your contention that you are unaware of any evidence of recovery traction?

I apologize for making the asumption that posters here have been keeping up with current events. Exactly how much remedial review is required?

I apologize for my lack of patience. But I have not been on these boards for awhile. I've been on discussion boards where other posters don't childishly demand a full review of everything that has been reported on a subject over several months time with each new post.

I'll leave you folks to enjoy each others company once again.

In other words, you realized we're right.

Come back again soon. :cool:

Forum List

Back