Tim Send of the National Cowboy Museum in Oklahoma

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

1586347888203.png

He is their Head of Security but is also doing their social media during the crisis.

HIs tweets show what a nice guy this fellow is. A great American and I am definately going to the Museum when I visit the States. Keep on keeping on Tim.

Once this nonsense passes, come on over Tommy. We love out-of-towners. You'll be surprised how friendly folk are around here. Surprised me 20 years ago so much I never left.
The Cowboy Museum is deffo on my list now.
The Alamo
Donner Pass
Little Big Horn
Lubbock
Nashville
Detroit
Those President carvings
The big trees
The Mississippi
Death Valley
Many many more. Mrs T wants to go to Vegas which will have to be done. Hope there are some decent shows on then.

Hmmmm, is the OP being genuine here, or is he simply taking another jab, and making fun, of certain cultures here in the U.S. ?

Hmmmm, is the OP being genuine here, or is he simply taking another jab, and making fun, of certain cultures here in the U.S. ?
I'm for anything that keeps this guy off line.
But if he comes to the US, the southwest in particular, and doesn't visit the Four Corners region
(where Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona meet) Four Corners - Wikipedia
he is missing a lot! I know. I used to live in Moab, Utah.

The Hopi, Ute, Zuni and Navajo nations....the Anasazi cliff dwellings (home to a mysterious vanished civilization), some of the most stunning beauty and
nature on EARTH you will see nowhere else on the planet (Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches and Canyonlands national parks)!

The Durango and Silverton narrow gauge railroad, passing through stunning canyons and scenery in the
Colorado plateau. The True West Rodeo my parents used to drag me to, is there, if you can schedule it.

I'm not in the Chamber of Commerce nor do I get anything for mentioning this part of the country
even though some of the best times of my life were spent there.
It's just that if someone is determined to see the US, and will be in that general region anyway, missing out
on the splendor of Zion and Arches national parks, for instance, would be truly tragic and a great mistake.

Last edited:
Once this nonsense passes, come on over Tommy. We love out-of-towners. You'll be surprised how friendly folk are around here. Surprised me 20 years ago so much I never left.
The Cowboy Museum is deffo on my list now.
The Alamo
Donner Pass
Little Big Horn
Lubbock
Nashville
Detroit
Those President carvings
The big trees
The Mississippi
Death Valley
Many many more. Mrs T wants to go to Vegas which will have to be done. Hope there are some decent shows on then.
You are not welcome in my country. Stay away.

I'm for anything that keeps this guy off line.
But if he comes to the US, the southwest in particular, and doesn't visit the Four Corners region
(where Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona meet) Four Corners - Wikipedia
he is missing a lot! I know. I used to live in Moab, Utah.

The Hopi, Ute, Zuni and Navajo nations....the Anasazi cliff dwellings (home to a mysterious vanished civilization), some of the most stunning beauty and
nature on EARTH you will see nowhere else on the planet (Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches and Canyonlands national parks)!

The Durango and Silverton narrow gauge railroad, passing through stunning canyons and scenery in the
Colorado plateau. The True West Rodeo my parents used to drag me to, is there, if you can schedule it.

I'm not in the Chamber of Commerce nor do I get anything for mentioning this part of the country
even though some of the best times of my life were spent there.
It's just that if someone is determined to see the US, and will be in that general region anyway, missing out
on the splendor of Zion and Arches national parks, for instance, would be truly tragic and a great mistake.
I watched "Gunfight in Durango" last night. George Montgomery was in it. Sounds good.

I watched "Gunfight in Durango" last night. George Montgomery was in it. Sounds good.
The Anasazi cliff dwellings alone make a visit worthwhile, not to mention the hide out of the Butch Cassidy
and Sundance Kid gang.
Ive seen pictures of those somewhere. I thought it was the Pueblo tribe that lived there and the Apaches drove them off.

Ive seen pictures of those somewhere. I thought it was the Pueblo tribe that lived there and the Apaches drove them off.
The Anasazi were there long before the Pueblos. They had a magnificent culture and then just abandoned
their dwellings and territory. Anthropologists are still puzzled by the sudden collapse.
The interactions between the Apaches, who moved into Pueblo territory, and the Navajos is fascinating
and complex. Post-Pueblo: Navajo History & Culture | Peoples of Mesa Verde

I have dozens of photos of the cliff dwellings and the Mesa Verde in general taken in the early sixties
by my father, mostly, and it pains me to think they may be lost forever.
And I had lots of fossils, semi-precious gems and arrow heads gathered up as a child that my mother tossed away. For this I never forgave her.

Forum List

Back