Tim Scott- The Best Friend A Racist Ever Had

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Now watch the premise of the title play out in the responses that are going to come from racists who will defend Tim Scott.

How not to talk about American racism: Tim Scott lures Democrats into a trap

Tim Scott is the only black Republican in the U.S. Senate. In that role, like other Black conservatives, Scott is a professional "best black friend" and human shield against accusations of racism. In so many ways, Scott and other Black conservatives fulfill many white racists' American Dream of compliant, sycophantic, loyal and submissive Black people.

In a wide-ranging rebuttal to Biden's discussion of race and racism, Scott offered a series of personal anecdotes:

Nowhere do we need common ground more desperately than in our discussions of race. I have experienced the pain of discrimination. I know what it feels like to be pulled over for no reason. To be followed around a store while I'm shopping. I remember, every morning, at the kitchen table, my grandfather would have the newspaper in his hands. Later, I realized he had never learned to read it. He just wanted to set the right example. I've also experienced a different kind of intolerance.
I get called "Uncle Tom" and the N-word — by 'progressives'! By liberals! Just last week, a national newspaper suggested my family's poverty was actually privilege because a relative owned land generations before my time. Believe me, I know our healing is not finished.
The climax of Scott's rebuttal to Biden's speech to Congress came with this proclamation: "Hear me clearly: America is not a racist country. It's backwards to fight discrimination with different discrimination. And it's wrong to try to use our painful past to dishonestly shut down debates in the present."

Scott's real goal in his rebuttal to Biden's speech was not to tell the truth about racism and white supremacy, but instead to repeat Republican talking points about how Democrats and liberals are the "real racists" in America. Scott says such a thing with deep commitment and a straight face, even as today's Republican Party is trying to impose a new version of Jim Crow American apartheid on Black and brown people across the country.

Scott's speech may have been chock full of GOP talking points, but there was an old favorite that wasn't explicitly deployed but was obviously implied. In the aftermath of the Trump presidency, the coronavirus pandemic, and the racial justice protests that exploded across the country after the murder of George Floyd, America embarked on a fragile but badly needed racial reckoning. White conservatives needed someone to tell them that they weren't racists resisting a changing world, but rather the progress on racial equality was something that was being inflicted on them. The GOP needed a Black friend. By laundering and displaying the party's tired talking points, Sen. Scott served as just that. His speech gave white conservatives cover. After all, we all know that it's impossible to be racist if you happen to have a Black friend.

Now watch the premise of the title play out in the responses that are going to come from racists who will defend Tim Scott.

Tim Scott is the only black Republican in the U.S. Senate. In that role, like other Black conservatives, Scott is a professional "best black friend" and human shield against accusations of racism. In so many ways, Scott and other Black conservatives fulfill many white racists' American Dream of compliant, sycophantic, loyal and submissive Black people.

In a wide-ranging rebuttal to Biden's discussion of race and racism, Scott offered a series of personal anecdotes:

Nowhere do we need common ground more desperately than in our discussions of race. I have experienced the pain of discrimination. I know what it feels like to be pulled over for no reason. To be followed around a store while I'm shopping. I remember, every morning, at the kitchen table, my grandfather would have the newspaper in his hands. Later, I realized he had never learned to read it. He just wanted to set the right example. I've also experienced a different kind of intolerance.
I get called "Uncle Tom" and the N-word — by 'progressives'! By liberals! Just last week, a national newspaper suggested my family's poverty was actually privilege because a relative owned land generations before my time. Believe me, I know our healing is not finished.
The climax of Scott's rebuttal to Biden's speech to Congress came with this proclamation: "Hear me clearly: America is not a racist country. It's backwards to fight discrimination with different discrimination. And it's wrong to try to use our painful past to dishonestly shut down debates in the present."

Scott's real goal in his rebuttal to Biden's speech was not to tell the truth about racism and white supremacy, but instead to repeat Republican talking points about how Democrats and liberals are the "real racists" in America. Scott says such a thing with deep commitment and a straight face, even as today's Republican Party is trying to impose a new version of Jim Crow American apartheid on Black and brown people across the country.

Scott's speech may have been chock full of GOP talking points, but there was an old favorite that wasn't explicitly deployed but was obviously implied. In the aftermath of the Trump presidency, the coronavirus pandemic, and the racial justice protests that exploded across the country after the murder of George Floyd, America embarked on a fragile but badly needed racial reckoning. White conservatives needed someone to tell them that they weren't racists resisting a changing world, but rather the progress on racial equality was something that was being inflicted on them. The GOP needed a Black friend. By laundering and displaying the party's tired talking points, Sen. Scott served as just that. His speech gave white conservatives cover. After all, we all know that it's impossible to be racist if you happen to have a Black friend.

You ain't black!

5ce60e576c16f.image.jpg

^ genuine racist, democrat Party punishes him by making him Governor of VA! That that ya cracka!

byrd03-0c97370c8126b235a523aa5625b78933f6c1e7b5.jpg

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”

overview-Lyndon-B-Johnson.jpg

"I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years." -- LBJ

gettyimages-51585856_wide-b981746978c6f4ae49273d45a7eed0a3971c4a19-s800-c85.jpg

Former US President Bill Clinton had taken a racial jibe at Barack Obama in 2008, saying "this guy would have been carrying our bags"

Last edited:

why are you so racist???
race had nothing to do with Floyd

Guess what? No one fucking gives a shit anymore about you and your racism horse shit.

..it's people like you that's the reason blacks are where they are

“What I think Tim Scott does that’s really important is I think that he gets back white suburban voters, which is how Democrats actually won the last election. I think that so many people were turned off by a lot of the racially charged rhetoric, the poor response to Black Lives Matter and the murders of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor that I think a lot of Republicans, more moderate Republicans, said if it’s a Trump party, it’s just not for me. And I think that Tim Scott provides you a way to say all of this normalcy is coming back. Plus, we’re not a racist party.”

Are you saying that a black man is only allowed to hold certain opinions and that he is incapable of forming his own thoughts without them being dictated to him? IOW, I don't see you complaining that white people who speak out against white privilege or racism are race traitors and such. Apparently they are allowed to form their own opinions but black men are not?

Sez the uncle tom.

Hater IM2 is gonna hate, no matter what.

why are you so racist???
race had nothing to do with Floyd
Because Iamanidiot2 is jealous of Senator Scott who made someone of himself, thus not having to rely on old white people in government to take care of him. Idiot2 will always be a victim to whitie because it is his political elites that are fucking him over....when you are a progressive slave, you must do what your masters tell you.....

Spot on brother!

The racists knew exactly what they were doing when they enlisted Tim "Mush Mouth" Scott.

Last edited:

Something tells me that you are just very jealous to Tim SCOTT..........he's richer, smarter, supports himself, got more to say, better looking than you so you do the lib thing and react as a child tossing out ignorant insults.

Actually, democrats are the best friends a racist has ever had. Because they are one and the same.
And not only that, the Race card is their tool of choice to attack anyone who disagrees with them. It's like the EASY button. No need to think, debate, ponder, question. Yeah fuck that, just yell RACIST!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back