Tiger vs Jack: Golf discussion

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I've watched Tiger since he was 16 and felt he could be the one to overtake Nicklaus' Major record. I thought Jack would never last as long as he did because he had what appeared to be a violent downswing whereas Tiger was super athletic and fluid. Wrong! Jack was 46(47?) when he won his last Major and Tiger can't even compete in his late 30s. It also seemed that Tiger was obsessed with changing his swing whereas Jack didn't appear to change anything. Maybe that was a factor, just guessing of course. So is Tiger done?

I've watched Tiger since he was 16 and felt he could be the one to overtake Nicklaus' Major record. I thought Jack would never last as long as he did because he had what appeared to be a violent downswing whereas Tiger was super athletic and fluid. Wrong! Jack was 46(47?) when he won his last Major and Tiger can't even compete in his late 30s. It also seemed that Tiger was obsessed with changing his swing whereas Jack didn't appear to change anything. Maybe that was a factor, just guessing of course. So is Tiger done?
Tiger's done. His mental game is gone. I think it's the greatest collapse maybe in the history of sports.

But if you ignore wins in the majors; Jack's not fit to lick Tiger's boots. If all you care about is majors then Jack will always be the best.

Ah but if you're going by total wins then wouldn't Sam Snead be the best? It's pretty sad to see Tiger hacking up the course, maybe it's all physical but I think you're right.

Ah but if you're going by total wins then wouldn't Sam Snead be the best? It's pretty sad to see Tiger hacking up the course, maybe it's all physical but I think you're right.
I know he's had his issues with his back and whatever... but man you can draw a very clear line between his career before that night on Thanksgiving however many years ago and what has happened after. He's still a great golfer but I don't think he'll dominate ever again. Jack's record will be safe for now. There's no one out there right now who will challenge it.

Tiger is done......put a fork in him. Too bad he unnecessarily abused his body playing 'war games' (and I'm not talking about the video ones!). His ex-caddie spilled the beans about that. I have no sympathy for him as he made his dough.

Tiger's done. His mental game is gone. I think it's the greatest collapse maybe in the history of sports.

But if you ignore wins in the majors; Jack's not fit to lick Tiger's boots. If all you care about is majors then Jack will always be the best.
That's like saying SB rings don't matter, it's passing records.

Tiger will never be able to hold his mouth right again after having his tooth knocked out by the camera man.

At his best, Tiger was better

Jack was able to sustain his skills for a longer period of time

McIlroy is #1, and will be for a long time. Tiger is #65 and falling fast, it's the curse of Duval....or maybe his ex.

McIlroy is #1, and will be for a long time. Tiger is #65 and falling fast, it's the curse of Duval....or maybe his ex.

Tiger had one of the most amazing athletic performances I ever saw when he beat Rocko Mediate in the US Open on one leg in sudden death. Amazing clutch putts

He hasn't been the same since

Tiger had one of the most amazing athletic performances I ever saw when he beat Rocko Mediate in the US Open on one leg in sudden death. Amazing clutch putts

Did you hear about when Tiger, Jack and Arnie got hit by lightening on the 18th green, and were instantly in front of God on his thrown? And God asked them what they believed. Arnie said, "I believe in being faithful to my fans." Jack said, "I believe in the integrity of the game." Tiger said, "I believe you're in my seat."

Then Mcilroy showed up and kicked Tiger's ass off the thrown.

Did you hear about when Tiger, Jack and Arnie got hit by lightening on the 18th green, and were instantly in front of God on his thrown? And God asked them what they believed. Arnie said, "I believe in being faithful to my fans." Jack said, "I believe in the integrity of the game." Tiger said, "I believe you're in my seat."

McIlroy is the flavor of the week

Let him do it for a decade or more and we can talk

McIlroy is the flavor of the week

Let him do it for a decade or more and we can talk
Tiger just announced that he is quitting indefinitely. McIlroy has already done more than 99% of the players on tour in their whole careers. Vanilla is the flavor for a long time to come. .

New Topics

Forum List

Back