Tiger at the Masters

How could he not?
feminine_mini_golf_hole.jpg

How could he not?
feminine_mini_golf_hole.jpg

I'm not expert, but I think the hole placement is all wrong. :cool:

If you go at it the way you ought to be going at it, you would be short sided.

Tiger will be lucky to make the cut. Not because he isn't the greatest. But it takes razor sharp focus to win a major - hell, to win any tournament for that matter. You can't take three months off and expect to have that edge first time back. Especially when you have been concentrating on other things during the three months off.

Last edited:
What's your prediction?

Tiger is Tiger. It will depend on whether or not he is focused. If the time off has truly been devoted to getting his life in order and he can relax, then he will finish in the top five. If he is still fucked up from the drama, then he won't even make the cut.

Personally, this is tiger Woods we are talking about. Nobody has ever played the game like him, with the exception of Moe Norman. I see Tiger coming out strong. He won't win it, but it will be a top five finish.

Kobe came back with an immediate vengeance, and that was a way worse predicament than what Tiger is facing.

He'll be fine.

• Banned
I want to see him in the final pairing on Sunday.

It would just make it so damned interesting.

I want to see him in the final pairing on Sunday.

It would just make it so damned interesting.

It will probably be the most watched Master's ever. He hasn't really been sitting on his ass. Hank Haney has essentially moved in with to get his game in shape. He will have a good showing, just he always does in the Master's. Hell, last year, the best part of teh Master's was watching him battle it out with Lefty for 5th or sixth. Those two were paired up and made a run for it.

Not a big fan of Tiger Woods. Not a big golf fan and I've never ever played a single hole of golf. There will be lots said about him being at the golf game. You couldn't pay to get this much attention. When your name is mentioned, good or bad, people are talking about you. That is what he needs at this point in time. A buzz. Some will say he overcame the troubles and won. Others will say he couldn't over come the troubles and lost. In the final analysis, he's got the attention of the press.

Kobe came back with an immediate vengeance, and that was a way worse predicament than what Tiger is facing.

He'll be fine.

The Masters is a bit different than a basketball game - but I agree that Kobie's situation was much worse than Tiger's.

I don't see where the difference really lies. Either way it's a professional level sport that requires one's head to be screwed on properly to be able to excel.

They're both arguably the best of their respective sport, so when it comes to bouncing back mentally from an adverse personal experience, it's all the same at the end of the day.

I will be watching, but I always watch the masters.

Yep, it's the Grand Daddy of them all. We rode by there when I was in GA one year, such a beautiful course.
You play the game? I use to be an avid golfer and pretty good one too but for the past two years I haven't played and I so miss it.

I grew up right by our golf course, so every summer it was swim team and golf. Haven't played in awhile, though I still go to the driving range to keep me limber.

We should both make a vow to play it again this summer!

We have friends who live in Augusta (Martinez, actually - which is the immediate next door town to Augusta). They live in a gated community - very nice homes. Many of the pros stay in the homes in our friends' neighborhood when they come to play in The Masters.

Several years ago, our friends invited us down for Masters week. The hubby of the house is an avid golfer and belongs to a private golf club in Augusta. The members of his club marshal The Masters. He has been doing it for years. For doing that, he gets four tickets.

Know how much each ticket sells for? $2,500.00.

We declined the invitation. I wouldn't ask them to give us the tickets and I love golf, but not to the tune of five grand.

Forum List

Back