Thunderbolt / Linux Vulnerability

Well at least you're patting yourself on your own back...... Looks like you have that disease that makes everyone around you sick, "status"............. Allbeit self proclaimed.......
Man are you terrible at reading posts! Get a grip on yourself, man! All I'm saying is that Linux is based on UNIX. UNIX is the one true ultimate operating system, truly multitasking, not a FRAUD like MS Windows is. And the superiority of Linux and MacOS in the consumer world is that it is loosely based on UNIX.

Patting myself? Hardly. I don't need any pats. Merely qualifying myself as not being just one more A-hole here talking out of my butt. While everyone here is busy putting down T-bird and rationalizing their not needing or hearing of it, T-Bird is for serious users dealing with MASSIVE files. And if you want to see a REAL computer, here is one, a UNIX mainframe, here is part of the front row of one with about 5-6 more rows like it behind. THAT'S a computer.

View attachment 336864
If you say so....... :lol:
I do. It is a WE 5-ESS. I installed and turned up (cut over) three of them. The only computer system larger than the Pentagon. That picture was from the 2nd one. Technically, that was a secure area and pictures are not allowed, I could have gotten into a lot of trouble just taking that picture.

Well good for you. The rest of us peons will just stick with our PCs and "poor man's Unix machines".......... :eusa_whistle:
You do so. PC owners seem to LIKE machines that need fixing out of the box to operate. I run Windows in my Mac as a virtual machine and it runs better than in my original PC made for it. Go figure. But then, my Mac is ten years old and running better than ever. Apple updates the OS for free. How many PCs have you gone through in the last decade? And if your HDD crashes, any problem for you? If I lose a HDD, it doesn't even make my computer skip a beat. Amazing. But then, I haven't had a single hardware failure in a decade.
Aren't you special.......
Never said a word about myself. But apparently you think I am. Thank you. Always good to have another fan!
Ya know, you're coming across as a snob. May not be your intention but that's how you're coming across.
Just trying to live up to your expectations. You're coming across as a resentful bitch. Do you actually have ANYTHING relevant to say to the topic of this thread at all?
Typical clueless UNIX/Apple snob...... Just like the Linux snobs.......:rofl:
And that's not being resentful........ :thup:
Not a snob at all. Just got tired of always fixing / dealing with PCs. And BTW, YOU are the one who came here first attacking T-bolt, then the thread, then me, and now my computer. The problem is in you. Apple is fucked up too. They are far from a walk in the park. Their "geniuses" are idiots, their customer service is worthless and their product support is shit. But the Apple engineering dept. whom I've spoken to know how to make a real mean, well designed computer.

Well at least you're patting yourself on your own back...... Looks like you have that disease that makes everyone around you sick, "status"............. Allbeit self proclaimed.......
Man are you terrible at reading posts! Get a grip on yourself, man! All I'm saying is that Linux is based on UNIX. UNIX is the one true ultimate operating system, truly multitasking, not a FRAUD like MS Windows is. And the superiority of Linux and MacOS in the consumer world is that it is loosely based on UNIX.

Patting myself? Hardly. I don't need any pats. Merely qualifying myself as not being just one more A-hole here talking out of my butt. While everyone here is busy putting down T-bird and rationalizing their not needing or hearing of it, T-Bird is for serious users dealing with MASSIVE files. And if you want to see a REAL computer, here is one, a UNIX mainframe, here is part of the front row of one with about 5-6 more rows like it behind. THAT'S a computer.

View attachment 336864
I do. It is a WE 5-ESS. I installed and turned up (cut over) three of them. The only computer system larger than the Pentagon. That picture was from the 2nd one. Technically, that was a secure area and pictures are not allowed, I could have gotten into a lot of trouble just taking that picture.

Well good for you. The rest of us peons will just stick with our PCs and "poor man's Unix machines".......... :eusa_whistle:
You do so. PC owners seem to LIKE machines that need fixing out of the box to operate. I run Windows in my Mac as a virtual machine and it runs better than in my original PC made for it. Go figure. But then, my Mac is ten years old and running better than ever. Apple updates the OS for free. How many PCs have you gone through in the last decade? And if your HDD crashes, any problem for you? If I lose a HDD, it doesn't even make my computer skip a beat. Amazing. But then, I haven't had a single hardware failure in a decade.
Never said a word about myself. But apparently you think I am. Thank you. Always good to have another fan!
Ya know, you're coming across as a snob. May not be your intention but that's how you're coming across.
Just trying to live up to your expectations. You're coming across as a resentful bitch. Do you actually have ANYTHING relevant to say to the topic of this thread at all?
Not a snob at all. Just got tired of always fixing / dealing with PCs. And BTW, YOU are the one who came here first attacking T-bolt, then the thread, then me, and now my computer. The problem is in you. Apple is fucked up too. They are far from a walk in the park. Their "geniuses" are idiots, their customer service is worthless and their product support is shit. But the Apple engineering dept. whom I've spoken to know how to make a real mean, well designed computer.
I attacked something I'd never hear of before? Wonder where you got that idea....... Oh and to help you climb down off your high horse, simple number comparisons of computer failures are a bull shit metric by themselves. In order to do an honest comparison you need to do percentage comparisons. Why? Glad you asked. Look at the market share of both Apple and Microsoft then take the percentage of number of failures, you will find that the percentages are close to the same....... Oops...... Oh and as for vulnerabilities? Market share again raises it's ugly head........ Figure out what that means........

View attachment 336864

I attacked something I'd never hear of before? Wonder where you got that idea....... Oh and to help you climb down off your high horse, simple number comparisons of computer failures are a bull shit metric by themselves. In order to do an honest comparison you need to do percentage comparisons. Why? Glad you asked. Look at the market share of both Apple and Microsoft then take the percentage of number of failures, you will find that the percentages are close to the same....... Oops...... Oh and as for vulnerabilities? Market share again raises it's ugly head........ Figure out what that means........
My my. Defensive, aren't we. No---- ---- you're not attacking anything. :lmao:

And you never answered my question: what happens to your computer if the HDD crashes? I could pull the HDD out of my computer right now (literally, just open the side door, reach in and unplug it off its slide out tray) and my computer wouldn't skip a beat or lose a bit of data. You?

View attachment 336864

My my. Defensive, aren't we. No---- ---- you're not attacking anything. :lmao:

And you never answered my question: what happens to your computer if the HDD crashes? I could pull the HDD out of my computer right now (literally, just open the side door, reach in and unplug it off its slide out tray) and my computer wouldn't skip a beat or lose a bit of data. You?
I'm just being snarky, kind of an asshole, I get that way when people can't see past their own biases........ :lol:
I can pop out an HDD or SDD in a matter of a minute in a PC, same with a PSU or a graphics card. When was the last time you worked on a PC? Dude, don't project your personal experiences on the rest of humanity, it makes for incorrect assumptions.

I'm just being snarky, kind of an asshole, I get that way when people can't see past their own biases........
I know, just that I wan't being biased about anything. Just bringing an issue to people's attention and answering questions asked.

I can pop out an HDD or SDD in a matter of a minute in a PC, same with a PSU or a graphics card.
Yes, but you can't "pop it out" while the computer is running and using it. I can. That's not snobbery or bragging, just pointing out a difference in computers.

When was the last time you worked on a PC?
Last time I built one from scratch. Still have it upstairs. Want to buy it?

P6060521.JPG

The case alone was $150.

I'm just being snarky, kind of an asshole, I get that way when people can't see past their own biases........
I know, just that I wan't being biased about anything. Just bringing an issue to people's attention and answering questions asked.

I can pop out an HDD or SDD in a matter of a minute in a PC, same with a PSU or a graphics card.
Yes, but you can't "pop it out" while the computer is running and using it. I can. That's not snobbery or bragging, just pointing out a difference in computers.

When was the last time you worked on a PC?
Last time I built one from scratch. Still have it upstairs. Want to buy it?

View attachment 336961

The case alone was $150.
Maybe you should learn to qualify your statements from the get-go so people don't misunderstand your intent.
As for buying your home build..... Why? I have two I finished just recently, one is my Windows gamer the other is my workhorse, "poor man's UNIX machine".......... (Tell me that's not a jab at Linux users.......) I don't buy $150 cases, that's kinda pretentious for my needs.
Oh and I have an iPhone as well, don't have a problem with any systems out there, each has it's strong and weak points and I don't claim one is superior to others based on my personal experiences.

Also my graphics card is more powerful than a "Vega II". By a longshot. I'd say around 40% more.

I'd read that the Vega II is pretty powerful. What are you running that's 40% faster? Can't be a 2080 ti if the system is less than $1000, but that's the only thing that seems as if it might be 40% more powerful.

Of course, I have only looked up a little info on the Vega II, so maybe it's less powerful than what I've seen on it. :dunno:

Forum List

Back