Three banks won't fund Artic Drilling.

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase and Goldman Sachs have all announced that they won't fund exploration or drilling of oil and gas in the Arctic, including the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. If the Administration is going to walk rough shod over the protected lands in our country, there are other ways to stop them. Money talks, and not just money from the pockets of big business. Two can play that game.

I hope the other three major banks do the same. The media is watching them.

Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase and Goldman Sachs have all announced that they won't fund exploration or drilling of oil and gas in the Arctic, including the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. If the Administration is going to walk rough shod over the protected lands in our country, there are other ways to stop them. Money talks, and not just money from the pockets of big business. Two can play that game.

If there is money to be made, someone will be willing to invest in it.

Why should we let the Alaskan pipeline go dry? then you whine when a pipeline is needed somewhere else.

We benefit from this too. But yea, fuck those greedy rich fuckers!
:rolleyes:

Why are you so giddy over this?

Why should we let the Alaskan pipeline go dry? then you whine when a pipeline is needed somewhere else.

New oil, new pipelines.

I'm always pleased when the private sector puts its foot down, even if the Caspar Milquetoasts in the Senate won't.

I'm always pleased when the private sector puts its foot down, even if the Caspar Milquetoasts in the Senate won't.

Stop using oil then you hypocritical dried up old twat.

So what? Banks are irrelevant

Well ... no ... banks aren't funding oil drilling ... they might loan the upfront money, but that money has to be paid back ... it's the end consumer who funds oil drilling, at the gas station every time we fill up our rigs ...

Maybe banks can just not loan the money ... sure ... Big Oil issues corporate bonds ... call out favors from Congress ... get Russian money ... the drilling will happen whether banks are involved or not ...

We benefit from this too. But yea, fuck those greedy rich fuckers!
:rolleyes:
They are trying to wrestle away a protected area; that benefits us, too. Oil companies want to frack the shit out of it. I realize we need oil, but does it HAVE to come from there? The oil companies have been warning since at least 2012 that the pipeline is getting too empty to use. I believe it is still working. How often does the public need to buy the oil companies' self serving spin before they realize it's a business and of course they're going to give us a big load of bullshit.

People's needs are more important than Caribou, I agree. However, that is not the only reason for that refuge. Mother Nature has her own ways of making us pay when we fuck with her too much. I just would like to see the area remain protected and definitely not fracking, for God's sake. That is not a healthy way to treat the Earth.

Well ... no ... banks aren't funding oil drilling ... they might loan the upfront money, but that money has to be paid back ... it's the end consumer who funds oil drilling, at the gas station every time we fill up our rigs ...

Maybe banks can just not loan the money ... sure ... Big Oil issues corporate bonds ... call out favors from Congress ... get Russian money ... the drilling will happen whether banks are involved or not ...

Dam! Not the Russians again!

:102:

Stop using oil then you hypocritical dried up old twat.

She can't because virtually everything is made of oil. That means she would have to throw out every single thing that was made of plastic. No more lipstick, credit cards, detergent, food wrappers, hair brushes, toilet seats, telephones, shower curtains, carpets, toothbrushes, nail polish, flower pots, or drink bottles.

Also no roads or tires. She'd look pretty stupid when her car is up on blocks with no tires, and no roads to drive on.

They are trying to wrestle away a protected area; that benefits us, too. Oil companies want to frack the shit out of it. I realize we need oil, but does it HAVE to come from there? The oil companies have been warning since at least 2012 that the pipeline is getting too empty to use. I believe it is still working. How often does the public need to buy the oil companies' self serving spin before they realize it's a business and of course they're going to give us a big load of bullshit.

People's needs are more important than Caribou, I agree. However, that is not the only reason for that refuge. Mother Nature has her own ways of making us pay when we fuck with her too much. I just would like to see the area remain protected and definitely not fracking, for God's sake. That is not a healthy way to treat the Earth.

Sorry honey,

You're just wrong!

Check out Alyeska Pipeline photos.
The oil companies bent their asses over to build the pipeline around any natural habitat and their crossings.

BTW - Jimmy Carter wrestled away ANWR from indigenous Native Alaskans.

Sorry honey,

You're just wrong!

Check out Alyeska Pipeline photos.
The oil companies bent their asses over to build the pipeline around any natural habitat and their crossings.

BTW - Jimmy Carter wrestled away ANWR from indigenous Native Alaskans.
Yes. They were screwed and are going to continue to be screwed. 1/3 of Alaskans are employed or otherwise reliant for their livelihoods on oil drilling. Money wins. Maybe Carter "wrestled ANWR away" from the Native Alaskans, but they are still talking like it is an important piece of their cultural heritage and livelihood. They do not want further disruption. You are talking the past--I am talking the future.

ANWR is ALL natural habitat, so I don't know what you're trying to say about the pipe line.

There is other ways to to obtain the loans, so remember that...

They are not the only big lenders...

There is other ways to to obtain the loans, so remember that...

They are not the only big lenders...
Thanks for that cheerful thought. As always.

Old Lady seems to fall into a group of lower 48ers who want to show their green bona fides by telling the people of Alaska what they should do with their land. Supposedly the drilling footprint would be 2000 acres out of 1.5 million but then greenies want to include gravel roads as environmental disruption. The gov and the whole congressional delegation are for this as well as the people of Alaska. Banks can do what they want and at the present prices it is probably is not economically feasible but I fear that for people like old lady no amount of environmental responsibility is acceptable for someone who has never set foot in the anwr.

Forum List

Back