Threat to democracy: Justice Kagan thinks SCOTUS should be beholden to "public sentiment"

Good!

Tell her that about 80% of Americans favor term limits for Congress, as the current Congress has an approval rating of under 20% So SCOTUS should force Congress to impose term limits and get rid of all the Congressmen, that is, if SCOTUS wants to have any legitimacy with the public.

:auiqs.jpg:
Liberals are so short sited. Many Liberals make statements like Kagan and it comes back to bite them in the ass. These are the same people that scream about the voice of the minority when they don’t like public sentiment.

Any SCOTUS Justice who believes in mob rule needs to go.

Does anyone here think public opinion should influence SCOTUS decisions?

Sounds like she's just trying to appease some left wing media types [which is a warning that the left wing media and the liberals are coming after the court hard]...no judge would otherwise sacrifice both their moral and intellectual integrity by suggesting that anything other than following the law itself is and should be the only consideration in deciding all matters, and that should not come down to interpretation because it just invites re-interpretation, see the original ROE V WADE for the perfect imperfect interpretation.

Last edited:
Yet, the states with the largest populations (California, New York etc....) were that states where it was legal.
hmmm, there seems to be a convenient omission in your post of dates and detail concerning that legality, not to mention if that legality was achieved by people voting for it or just fiat, [I do not recall a vote on the matter]...I'm from NY [suburb of NYC] and most every car ya saw back in the late 60's and early seventies had bumper stickers that claimed "abortion is murder".

Public Opinion is not segregated by state lines when considering the nation as a whole.
Then the original ROE V WADE should have been decided by vote, not the courts, since it was not, the cause became the remedy

Last edited:
Where exactly, in that statement, does it bar SCOTUS from taking public opinion into account?

You apparently can't comprehend English.

Where does it say Kangaroos are prohibited from hopping on one foot?

The court may take into account anything it deems relevant to the application of the law.

The LAW is what guides the court

Liberals are so short sited. Many Liberals make statements like Kagan and it comes back to bite them in the ass. These are the same people that scream about the voice of the minority when they don’t like public sentiment.

When Kagan joined the court, the will of the Reich determined cases. Even after the left lost the majority, they still had "Lefty" Roberts to ensure the agenda of the Reich was carried out.

Now the new justices and Thomas only care about the Constitution, never even thinking about how a case impacts the party. This disturbs Kagan.

hmmm, there seems to be a convenient omission in your post of dates and detail concerning that legality, not to mention if that legality was achieved by people voting for it or just fiat, [I do not recall a vote on the matter]...I'm from NY [suburb of NYC] and most every car ya saw back in the late 60's and early seventies had bumper stickers that claimed "abortion is murder".

Then the original ROE V WADE should have been decided by vote, not the courts, since it was not, the cause became the remedy

That's weird! I'm from Long Island and I don't ever remember seeing any bumper stickers about abortion.

It's doubtful that a popular vote, at this time, would be for making abortion illegal.

Where does it say Kangaroos are prohibited from hopping on one foot?

The court may take into account anything it deems relevant to the application of the law.

The LAW is what guides the court

The Law ultimately gets it's authority from the people. "We the people...do ordain"

That's weird! I'm from Long Island and I don't ever remember seeing any bumper stickers about abortion.
I'm from Copiague...were you around in the late 60's? [how old were you?]...I found out what abortion was when I asked one of my friends what those bumper stickers meant...they were everywhere, teachers had them, doctors, nurses, hard hats, hippies, everyone.
It's doubtful that a popular vote, at this time, would be for making abortion illegal.
it wouldn't, but it certainly would have back then which is why the pro-choice crowd used the courts then and the right to life movement used it now and validates/legitimizes my claim "the cause became the remedy"

Last edited:
:lmao:

I take it you're not American.

The law is crafted by LEGISLATORS who are elected by the people. Legislators hold office for only two years, to give the people leverage over them.

Courts APPLY the law
No. The administration applies the law. The Supreme court interpret the law.

The Supreme Court gets it's powers from the Constitution. The Constitution gets it's authority from the People.

Obviously, either you're not American or you should never have passed the 3rd grade.

No. The administration applies the law. The Supreme court interpret the law.

You should have finished high school.

You don't even know the three branches of government.

Legislative,
Judicial,
Executive.

Legislative - makes the law. Popular opinion will influence them as they are directly elected.

Executive - executes laws through agencies and bureaus.

Judicial - applies laws in cases based on evidence weighed in criminal and civil disputes.

The SCOTUS as the highest court applies constitutional testing to laws as the constitution was designed as the highest and foundational law. (right or wrong, per Marbury)

The supreme court are lifetime APPOINTMENTS specifically so that the application of law will NOT be tainted by popular sentiment, but only by facts contrasted and compared to the law.

The Supreme Court gets it's powers from the Constitution. The Constitution gets it's authority from the People.

Obviously, either you're not American or you should never have passed the 3rd grade.

ROFL

The Constitution is ratified law. The people have no say other than through the amendment process or a convention of states.

You are extremely ignorant, and frankly full of shit.

No wonder you gravitated to the Nazis.

Forum List

Back