CDZ Thousands of Complaints Do Little to Change Police Ways

Maybe he lost his humanity after so many years of being a zoo keeper.

It would not be at all surprising that he did not follow training guidelines given 10 million violent arrests a year, many crazy on drugs, that a tiny handful would die in the process. No evidence of racism exists, but some of black privilege does in they tiny number of blacks killed.

Then, what the hell are protesters doing at the White House front door?
[/QUOTE]

liberals have long painted Trump a racist, now the racist-in-chief, and the totally tone deaf Trump plays right into it by not taking every opportunity to say 1) it was a bad arrests and guy should be prosecuted to fullest extent of law for murder and 2) there is no evidence of racism in fact the opposite.

He could have forced the nation into an educational dialogue on it and totally diffused the situation but he was blind to the opportunity being such an extremely limited personality.

Below is part of a story about police misconduct complaints, which apparently does not change cop misbehavior. It's from the NY Times, which generally I take with a grain of salt or 2, so if anyone has a different take then by all means share it. Note the problems with holding a police officer accountable, and the difficulties and dangers an officer faces while on duty. And I think it's fair to say that some suspects are shall we say not that cooperative. Possibly for understandable reasons when they know they haven't done anything wrong, BUT you don't want to make an officer think his well-being are threatened.

Is it not feasible to give officers non-lethal means to subdue somebody that is strenuously resisting? If the guy is already handcuffed, then tie his feet together so he/she is unable to move. You don't have to keep your knee of somebody's neck for almost 9 minutes, right? And 17 misconduct complaints, WTF?

In nearly two decades with the Minneapolis Police Department, Derek Chauvin faced at least 17 misconduct complaints, none of which derailed his career.

Over the years, civilian review boards came and went, and a federal review recommended that the troubled department improve its system for flagging problematic officers.

All the while, Chauvin tussled with a man before firing two shots, critically wounding him. He was admonished for using derogatory language and a demeaning tone with the public. He was named in a brutality lawsuit. But he received no discipline other than two letters of reprimand.

It was not until Chauvin, 44, was seen in a video with his left knee pinned to the neck of a black man, prone for nearly nine minutes and pleading for relief, that the officer, who is white, was suspended, fired and then, on Friday, charged with murder.

His case is not unusual. Critics say the department, despite its long history of accusations of abuse, never fully put in place federal recommendations to overhaul the way in which it tracks complaints and punishes officers — with just a handful over the years facing termination or severe punishment.

Even as outrage has mounted over deaths at the hands of the police, it remains notoriously difficult in the United States to hold officers accountable, in part because of the political clout of police unions, the reluctance of investigators, prosecutors and juries to second-guess an officer’s split-second decision and the wide latitude the law gives police officers to use force.

Police departments themselves have often resisted civilian review or dragged their feet when it comes to overhauling officer disciplinary practices. And even change-oriented police chiefs in cities like Baltimore and Philadelphia — which over the last few years have been the sites of high-profile deaths of black men by white officers — have struggled to punish or remove bad actors.

They have non-lethal means (hand cuffs) of restraining people and they were in use at the time the X-officer decided to enforce his will to torture that man (who was not resisting), until he died and then remained squatting on the dead mans neck until the medics arrived. This is just a case of an unbalanced officer and 3 lowlife enabling officers. I do suspect it was racially motivated. Police departments should, (but have not yet) done what it takes to weed out the sick individuals from their ranks. With his record, he should have been off the streets years ago. They lit a match to a fuse attached to a powder keg and were to warped to even know it or care, as they paid no attention to the dying man or the people filming and begging for his life, but too afraid they would be next at the hands of these authorities to interfere.

But at what standard are they using with new recruits to join the police force?

Was Chauvin a qualified, capable police officer, meaning did he shows a level of educational excellence that would enable him to perform well and ethically?

I know of entrance standards for hiring varies from city to city, some cities accept people who don't finish high school, while others REQUIRE a High School Diploma, even a college degree for those seeking higher ranks I wonder if the poor performance of Policemen are related to low educational level requirements, and that those police department they work in don't strive for excellence is a reason why they accumulate bad police force.
Not familiar with their training standards and it does not sound like I would approve. Only training of that type I ever had was in riot training at Ft Knox, Ky. I'll tell you straight, if you have a man in cuffs or zipties, you can stick a baton though his arms and two of the four officers could take him anywhere they wanted and put in any car on site if the goal was to control and transport. That was not the goal. It was a Chauvin power play thing that turned deadly because the officer had lost his basic humanity. Chauvin had been of the force for a number of years and had been reprimanded multiple times previously, apparently to no avail. The system there failed is true, but in the end we all have a sense of humanity or should have and that should have been in that murderous torturing officer, but wasn't. He is responsible for what he did and what it has cost that city and this nation.
Maybe he lost his humanity after so many years of being a zoo keeper.
I don't think he was moonlighting at COMO Park. Perhaps he should have.

Below is part of a story about police misconduct complaints, which apparently does not change cop misbehavior. It's from the NY Times, which generally I take with a grain of salt or 2, so if anyone has a different take then by all means share it. Note the problems with holding a police officer accountable, and the difficulties and dangers an officer faces while on duty. And I think it's fair to say that some suspects are shall we say not that cooperative. Possibly for understandable reasons when they know they haven't done anything wrong, BUT you don't want to make an officer think his well-being are threatened.

Is it not feasible to give officers non-lethal means to subdue somebody that is strenuously resisting? If the guy is already handcuffed, then tie his feet together so he/she is unable to move. You don't have to keep your knee of somebody's neck for almost 9 minutes, right? And 17 misconduct complaints, WTF?

In nearly two decades with the Minneapolis Police Department, Derek Chauvin faced at least 17 misconduct complaints, none of which derailed his career.

Over the years, civilian review boards came and went, and a federal review recommended that the troubled department improve its system for flagging problematic officers.

All the while, Chauvin tussled with a man before firing two shots, critically wounding him. He was admonished for using derogatory language and a demeaning tone with the public. He was named in a brutality lawsuit. But he received no discipline other than two letters of reprimand.

It was not until Chauvin, 44, was seen in a video with his left knee pinned to the neck of a black man, prone for nearly nine minutes and pleading for relief, that the officer, who is white, was suspended, fired and then, on Friday, charged with murder.

His case is not unusual. Critics say the department, despite its long history of accusations of abuse, never fully put in place federal recommendations to overhaul the way in which it tracks complaints and punishes officers — with just a handful over the years facing termination or severe punishment.

Even as outrage has mounted over deaths at the hands of the police, it remains notoriously difficult in the United States to hold officers accountable, in part because of the political clout of police unions, the reluctance of investigators, prosecutors and juries to second-guess an officer’s split-second decision and the wide latitude the law gives police officers to use force.

Police departments themselves have often resisted civilian review or dragged their feet when it comes to overhauling officer disciplinary practices. And even change-oriented police chiefs in cities like Baltimore and Philadelphia — which over the last few years have been the sites of high-profile deaths of black men by white officers — have struggled to punish or remove bad actors.

They have non-lethal means (hand cuffs) of restraining people and they were in use at the time the X-officer decided to enforce his will to torture that man (who was not resisting), until he died and then remained squatting on the dead mans neck until the medics arrived. This is just a case of an unbalanced officer and 3 lowlife enabling officers. I do suspect it was racially motivated. Police departments should, (but have not yet) done what it takes to weed out the sick individuals from their ranks. With his record, he should have been off the streets years ago. They lit a match to a fuse attached to a powder keg and were to warped to even know it or care, as they paid no attention to the dying man or the people filming and begging for his life, but too afraid they would be next at the hands of these authorities to interfere.

But at what standard are they using with new recruits to join the police force?

Was Chauvin a qualified, capable police officer, meaning did he shows a level of educational excellence that would enable him to perform well and ethically?

I know of entrance standards for hiring varies from city to city, some cities accept people who don't finish high school, while others REQUIRE a High School Diploma, even a college degree for those seeking higher ranks I wonder if the poor performance of Policemen are related to low educational level requirements, and that those police department they work in don't strive for excellence is a reason why they accumulate bad police force.
Not familiar with their training standards and it does not sound like I would approve. Only training of that type I ever had was in riot training at Ft Knox, Ky. I'll tell you straight, if you have a man in cuffs or zipties, you can stick a baton though his arms and two of the four officers could take him anywhere they wanted and put in any car on site if the goal was to control and transport. That was not the goal. It was a Chauvin power play thing that turned deadly because the officer had lost his basic humanity. Chauvin had been of the force for a number of years and had been reprimanded multiple times previously, apparently to no avail. The system there failed is true, but in the end we all have a sense of humanity or should have and that should have been in that murderous torturing officer, but wasn't. He is responsible for what he did and what it has cost that city and this nation.
Do you ever wonder if these officers have no qualms about behaving this way in public with people recording their actions, what they've done in private away from prying eyes?
Did you ever wonder how you would react if you had a gun and were wrestling a huge black guy to the ground? Try it for a few years and tell us if you still feel so morally superior.

There was just a case in NYC where a lady was walking her dog in the Park when a black man approached. She totally panicked and desperately called the police in fear of her life. Cops are in the position every day only often it is a very real attack or a potential attack. On balance they do well under the circumstances, although certainly not as well as you would do.

"Did you ever wonder how you would react if you had a gun and were wrestling a huge black guy to the ground?"

“Simply put, white cops are afraid of black men. We don’t talk about it, we pretend it doesn’t exist, we claim “color blindness,” we say white officers treat black men the same way they treat white men. But that’s a lie. In fact, the bigger, the darker the black man the greater the fear. The African-American community knows this. Hell, most whites know it. Yet, even though it’s a central, if not the defining ingredient in the makeup of police racism, white cops won’t admit it to themselves, or to others.”
― Norm Stamper, Breaking Rank: A Top Cop's Exposé of the Dark Side of American Policing

the defining ingredient in the makeup of police racism,
Why would white cops fearing black men be racist???? Do you have any idea??
If you examine your sentence carefully you will see that your fear due to race is self evident.
do you have have any idea what subject you are on????? first you were talking about white cops fears, then you switched to mine. You will always be slow if you cant get organized. Do you understand??

Police officers shoot and kill Los Angeles security guard: 'He ran because he was scared'

Sheriff’s deputies chased and shot dead Andres Guardado, 18, a security guard at an auto repairs shop

A police department spokesman told reporters deputies saw the man produce a handgun before running away. Photograph: Stock Connection/Rex

After sheriff’s deputies chased and shot dead a security guard at an auto repairs shop in Los Angeles on Thursday evening, family members have identified the dead man to local media as Andres Guardado, 18.

The killing came amid national protest and unrest over the deaths of African Americans, and other people of color, at the hands of law enforcement.

California: half-brother of black man found hanged killed in police shooting
On Wednesday, Los Angeles county sheriff’s deputies also shot dead Terron Jammal Boone, 31, who the department said was “the half-brother of Robert Fuller, who [was] discovered hanging from a tree on 10 June 2020 and is currently the subject of a death investigation”.

Describing the Thursday shooting of Guardado at the auto shop, a police department spokesman told reporters deputies saw the man produce a handgun before running away. [Yes of course, after he was dead he produced the gun the cop had in his sock!]

“Deputies engaged in a short foot pursuit between the two businesses, at some point the deputies contacted the suspect and that’s when the deputy-involved shooting occurred,” the spokesman said, adding that it was not immediately clear how many officers were fired.

Andrew Heney, owner of the Freeway autoshop, told a local CBS affiliate: “We had a security guard that was out front, because we had just had certain issues with people tagging and stuff like that.
“And then the police came up, and they pulled their guns on him and he ran because he was scared, and they shot and killed him. He’s got a clean background and everything. There’s no reason.”

The sheriff’s department said a handgun was found where the man, who died at the scene, was shot. Family members disputed that Guardado was armed. It was not clear if he had been wearing a uniform.
Guardado’s sister told reporters: “I lost a part of me, it’s empty, and I’m never gonna have him back. I’m never gonna see him, he’s never gonna talk to me, I’m just, I can’t, I just can’t believe this happened to my brother. It really hurts me.”

Americans have had enough ...
... and are marching for justice in unprecedented numbers. In small towns and big cities across the country, thousands of people are giving voice to the grief and anger that generations of black Americans have suffered at the hands of the criminal justice system. Young and old, black and white, family and friends have joined together to say: enough.

This is the way it has to roll if we want to clean up the mass murders by police:

"No *On Camera* Video Proof, uploaded on public servers, with immediate release to the public, Its a lie and Never Happened". Ruling in favor of the victim.

Last edited:
Militarized , Good point, seeing police officers dressed like storm troopers, not the best image for peace keepers. but then we have become such a hate filled nation, we hate people just because they have a different political view, or different life style, SAD.

In the alleged interest of improving things, some folks want to decrease police pay to point the folks we most want and need on the job no longer apply.
Some folks want to reduce police numbers and limit the options they are permitted to use when faced with hostile dangerous criminals to the point only a suicidal fool would take the job.
Some folks want to disband the police altogether.
We all best hope some folks don't get what they want.

Sorry I question the whole 'police violence' hand wringing. Who ever said law enforcement should never kill criminals? Who compiled the data in the first place? What criteria did they use? Look we have law enforcement to enforce laws, how can they do that without being able to wield lethal force? Sure, sometimes some bad cops do bad things and they should be punished but, to paint all of America's police as 'racist' is just an attempt for leftists to take over and when they do, don't look for any leeway for you when you refuse to say.....wear a mask.

In the alleged interest of improving things, some folks want to decrease police pay to point the folks we most want and need on the job no longer apply.
Some folks want to reduce police numbers and limit the options they are permitted to use when faced with hostile dangerous criminals to the point only a suicidal fool would take the job.
Some folks want to disband the police altogether.
We all best hope some folks don't get what they want.

Sorry I question the whole 'police violence' hand wringing. Who ever said law enforcement should never kill criminals? Who compiled the data in the first place? What criteria did they use? Look we have law enforcement to enforce laws, how can they do that without being able to wield lethal force? Sure, sometimes some bad cops do bad things and they should be punished but, to paint all of America's police as 'racist' is just an attempt for leftists to take over and when they do, don't look for any leeway for you when you refuse to say.....wear a mask.
People are getting sick and tired of listening to thug apologists and the tyrannical DOJ that supports them.

You people call this police work?

I call it prescription murder!

Why have the apologists not fixed the problem?
Why is murdering kids by cops on the increase?
Why does your DOJ support these murders?
Mentally ill are being slaughtered and these thugs plant evidence to cya.
When are you going to fix it?

People are getting sick and tired of listening to thug apologists and the tyrannical DOJ that supports them.

Murdering kids by cops is not on the increase. You have to prove they are actually murders. The mentally ill are not being slaugthered wholesale stop lying. Nothing to 'fix' in the first place. Much ado about nothing.

However, if you prefer, why not have robo-cops? They can be programmed to let thugs go after they commit crimes that are sanctioned by whatever government official wants. They can be programmed to 'take a knee' when the perp is black instead of taking them into custody. I'm sure you'll "feel" much safer.

You have to prove they are actually murders.
you dont understand what a murder is when you see it live on video?
Going after unarmed mentally ill kids with machine guns, and plugging them 69 times?
You call that police work?
I call it insanity.
Doj completely out of control.

you dont understand what a murder is when you see it live on video?
Going after unarmed mentally ill kids with machine guns, and plugging them 69 times?
You call that police work?
I call it insanity.
Doj completely out of control.
I understand hyperbole when I see it.

Because the problem is people refusing to obey officers, and treating officers with respect, and following orders.

You guys have not fixed the problems either, have you? We've had these stupid protests since Obama. And what has happened? The police pull out of high crime areas, and thousands more people are raped and murdered, and victimized.

If your plans to fix police worked, then why haven't they?

The only time you are going to have police who never kill, is if you have criminals that are non-violent. As violence has increased across the UK, more and more officer are armed.

In Japan the reason officers are rarely armed, is because criminals are rarely violent.

If you think you are going to have US police officers, walking around with flowers, to get criminals you are crazy.

Either A: the police will pull back, and people will die from criminals... or B: Police will confront criminals, and criminals will get killed.

There is a a shocking connection between criminal action and criminals killed by police. Stop being criminals.

Because the problem is people refusing to obey officers, and treating officers with respect, and following orders.
Doesnt matter to you they are not armed and have no weapons on them in most cases just shoot the fuckers dead and let God sort em out. Sounds like churchill.
You guys have not fixed the problems either, have you?
What problem is that?
We've had these stupid protests since Obama. And what has happened?
I dont know anything about them.
The police pull out of high crime areas, and thousands more people are raped and murdered, and victimized.
Citation?
If your plans to fix police worked, then why haven't they?
I didnt plan anything, what are you talking about?
The only time you are going to have police who never kill
Your strawman, never said or implied such a thing.
As violence has increased across the UK, more and more officer are armed.
so?
In Japan the reason officers are rarely armed, is because criminals are rarely violent.
so?
If you think you are going to have US police officers, walking around with flowers, to get criminals you are crazy.
So you equate not murdering unarmed people to walking around with flowers? Seriously?
Either A: the police will pull back, and people will die from criminals...
Citation?
or B: Police will confront criminals, and criminals will get killed.
Yeh why bother even talking to them just shoot anyone you suspect of an infraction on sight! Not to worry the DOJ has your back!
There is a a shocking connection between criminal action and criminals killed by police.
WHats that?
Stop being criminals.
They arent a criminal until proven in court, why do you call innocent people criminals?

Doesnt matter to you they are not armed and have no weapons on them in most cases just shoot the fuckers dead and let God sort em out. Sounds like churchill.
What problem is that?
I dont know anything about them.
Citation?
I didnt plan anything, what are you talking about?
Your strawman, never said or implied such a thing.
so?
so?
So you equate not murdering unarmed people to walking around with flowers? Seriously?
Citation?
Yeh why bother even talking to them just shoot anyone you suspect of an infraction on sight! Not to worry the DOJ has your back!
WHats that?
They arent a criminal until proven in court, why do you call innocent people criminals?

So in your world police shouldn't be able to do anything to anyone, until they are proven criminals in court? In that case, why have police at all?

So in your world police shouldn't be able to do anything to anyone, until they are proven criminals in court? In that case, why have police at all?
thats your extreme drama mischaracterization and has nothing to do with my position.

Forum List

Back