Thoughts of an old steelworker.

Wrong. He made it known once he was re-elected, he was pulling all personnel out of Nam. Yet another reason they murdered him.

Listen to his Peace Speech just a couple months before they killed him.

He was actively but covertly working with Khrushchev to end the Cold War. He planned to eliminate the CIA (how great that would have been), but they killed him first.

Don’t believe the propaganda pushed by the establishment about JFK.
Kennedy? Reelected?

He was killed almost a year before the 1964 election.

Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine for the same reason that Nikita Khrushchev put missiles in Cuba. He saw weakness and confusion in an enemy. But there is a difference with a distinction. Putin is being backed into a corner like a wounded bear. He has his finger on a button he could press at any time. One nuclear missile launched purposely or in error could cause the dominoes to fall.

Most of your post I could agree with, but this last part is all wrong.
The reason Khrushchev put nukes in Cuba was because the US had put nukes in Turkey, and were going to upgrade them to be very long range Titan missiles.
That could NOT be allowed.
Both then and now, the Russians are not the villain, the US is.
We should never have caused the military coup in the Ukraine in 2014, and should never have allowed Zelensky to suggest that we wanted to join NATO.
That is an illegal treaty violation Russia could not ignore.

Kids today don't know what its like to have nuclear missiles as a real threat.
I remember those nuclear drills in school.
Every time I hear a long fire siren I think about nuclear missiles could be on their way here.
Aren't you one of those dumbasses who thinks Russia's weak because it hasn't just turned Kiev into a glass parking lot?

Most of your post I could agree with, but this last part is all wrong.
The reason Khrushchev put nukes in Cuba was because the US had put nukes in Turkey, and were going to upgrade them to be very long range Titan missiles.
That could NOT be allowed.
Both then and now, the Russians are not the villain, the US is.
We should never have caused the military coup in the Ukraine in 2014, and should never have allowed Zelensky to suggest that we wanted to join NATO.
That is an illegal treaty violation Russia could not ignore.
It's not really relevant because we don't know if Kruschev would have put missiles in Cuba in spite of missiles in Turkey.

Thanks to liberal teachers, kids don't get that same training today on how to protect themselves.

In 1962 I was fifteen years old with a shovel in my hand helping my dad bury canned food in our back yard. The Russians, led by Nikita Khrushchev, were erecting missile bases in Cuba just 90 miles from the coast of Florida. John F. Kennedy had presided over the botched Bay of Pigs invasion which American intelligence naively believed would inspire the Cuban people to overthrow Fidel Castro when an invasion force of Cuban exiles financed and trained by the US landed on Cuban shores. It did not go that way.

The invasion plan had little to do with freeing the Cuban people, it was really to protect corrupt US corporate interests that made it impossible for average Cuban citizens to escape poverty. Much like today where Washington is nearly wholly owned by the People’s Republic of China, in those days Cuba was a bonanza for American business interests, and Castro was driven into the arms of the Soviet Union by US capitalist greed and congressional mischief. Of course, it was not presented that way. Washington propaganda went into high gear to protect itself by blaming Castro as a threat to democracy when in truth Castro was a creation of the US government. Castro could have been dealt with much differently but instead Cuba became an unfortunate poster child for Democracy Vs. Communism which was the plan in Washington all along.

The failed Cuban invasion fiasco showed weakness and incompetence to Khrushchev, and he quickly moved to take advantage of the situation. Kennedy’s jack-leg leadership provided Khrushchev with the perfect excuse to paint Cuba as an embattled ally under attack from US imperialistic expansion. So, US intelligence and the Kennedy administration nearly started World War Three with presidential ineptitude eerily comparable to what is happening today. Most boomers remember where they were when they got the news that CIA operative Lee Oswald and others assassinated Kennedy in Texas on November 22, 1963. There was no time to impeach Kennedy, so the government had to act fast.

To be fair, Kennedy inherited the plan from Dwight Eisenhower’s intelligence apparatus, but it was his failure to carry it out competently instead giving it a half-baked effort that walked right into Russia’s wheelhouse. Surveillance photos clearly showed Russian nuclear missiles stacked up in staging areas aimed at the US. US propaganda platforms went into action and Kennedy died a hero’s death after he came remarkably close to ending humanity. Washington then made use of another individual with CIA connections, Jack Ruby, and Oswald was dispatched on live TV just two days later to keep him from implicating US intelligence. But Kennedy is remembered as a great leader because he fit a narrative of young, good-looking example of what was proper and desirable for the people and the people were blinded beyond reason to see it that way even if it meant their adoration could bring about the end of civilization.

How is this relevant? It is relevant because we find ourselves in the same position today. Washington is like a club that fools the people into believing that there is a difference between political parties. The truth is that Washington has no connection at all with average people on any side of its existing power structure. Washington exists for Washington’s sake and nothing else. When the people get hip to this and intuitively reject Washington by choosing an outsider like Donald Trump then the club is threatened. The new danger today is that there is no buffer between Washington and the people consisting of a free press questioning the motives of Washington as there was in the past. The American press has been corroded into a public relations arm of Washington and acts that way.

Expanding technology that gives us Facebook, twitter, and Tik Tok make it possible to empower propaganda in unprecedented ways that join forces with toxically recruited print media weaponizing and manipulating information disguised as legitimate news reporting. This is how an entirely absurd story of Russian Collusion was reported to the people while dissenting opinions were smeared as conspiracy theories and automatically blocked as dangerous Russian disinformation. This is precisely how the former Soviet Union functioned prior to 1989.

Incredibly, many contemporary Americans acted just like those of the past. They fell prey to propaganda that caused them to focus completely on Donald Trump’s form while totally ignoring his function. His function was to supply an alternative to Washington’s sellout of the working population. Washington is willing to risk nuclear war to protect itself and the people need to understand that. Given the extent to which America has been degraded by Washington corruption it is not surprising that it was able to preside over a fraudulent presidential election to remove the outsider that threatened it. It is what replaced the threat that mirrors the Cuban Missile Crisis today. The physics of an atomic bomb blast is the same today as it was in 1962. Readers are encouraged to research the aftermath of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and realize that thermonuclear bombs today dwarf those.

Joe Biden is a mentally disabled figurehead installed by Washington and he has no awareness of what is happening. Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine for the same reason that Nikita Khrushchev put missiles in Cuba. He saw weakness and confusion in an enemy. But there is a difference with a distinction. Putin is being backed into a corner like a wounded bear. He has his finger on a button he could press at any time. One nuclear missile launched purposely or in error could cause the dominoes to fall.

My dad is long gone but I still have that shovel.
Plan B was there but hey....that flag never flew

Every time I hear a long fire siren I think about nuclear missiles could be on their way here.
I've heard about those drills in US schools. I was in Charleston in 1962 and I remember the hysteria among my classmates.

It's not really relevant because we don't know if Kruschev would have put missiles in Cuba in spite of missiles in Turkey.

I think we do, because the thing that got Khrushchev to remove the missiles from Cuba was the US removing the missiles from Turkey, not the US embargo of Cuba.

But if Oswald was a Russian sympathizer as claimed, he would not have killed Kennedy.
Kennedy was an improvement as far as Russia went.
So either Oswald was fake or was not the shooter?
Maybe - but the idea that the mob killed Kennedy for fucking up their $50billion USD investments in Cuba is a more likely reality. People don't realize that the US took 20 hard years to roll back the Mafia, from 1960s to 1980s. It took 20 years to defang them. Before that, they were integral in US industry. My grandfather was a bag man for Feragut
You think crawling under a desk would protect you from a nuclear strike?
You'd be surprised? Perhaps educate yourself about Hiroshima and nuclear tests.

Nukes are incredibly powerful if near ground zero. But you can do much to save yourself if further away. Even white paint made all the difference in the world between a house standing and a house catching fire.

You think crawling under a desk would protect you from a nuclear strike?

The funny thing is that xrays and hard radiation would come in easiest through the thin windows, so that safest place would have been on the floor under the windows. But they never got that one right.

I remember it a little differently. Avoiding war is usually a good thing. We tend to remember what fits our agenda & not much that doesn't.
War is good for the economy. Plus it gives our military the chance to test any new weaponry they've bought.

The funny thing is that xrays and hard radiation would come in easiest through the thin windows, so that safest place would have been on the floor under the windows. But they never got that one right.
Rays do not scatter much. So out of line of sight you'd be better off. Being near a wall is building collapse stuff.

I think we do, because the thing that got Khrushchev to remove the missiles from Cuba was the US removing the missiles from Turkey, not the US embargo of Cuba.
That'd a fallacy. We gave Kruschev what looked like a win. But had we not have that....we may have found ourselves in a very weak position had be made that move.

Traditionally thought the Russian mind is very conservative and defensive.

US is very offensive. We are usually the aggressor. But we see it as better than being on the defensive all the time.

Maybe - but the idea that the mob killed Kennedy for fucking up their $50billion USD investments in Cuba is a more likely reality. People don't realize that the US took 20 hard years to roll back the Mafia, from 1960s to 1980s. It took 20 years to defang them. Before that, they were integral in US industry. My grandfather was a bag man for Feragut

Nukes are incredibly powerful if near ground zero. But you can do much to save yourself if further away. Even white paint made all the difference in the world between a house standing and a house catching fire.

I think the Mafia likely is just as powerful now, but simply realized less obvious tactics were superior.
These days you can just rig a primary, bribe a few judges, etc.
Instead of alcohol or unions, the Mafia is more likely into oil or defense contracts.

They didn't have 50 billion in investments in Cuba.
My father inspected the Esso refinery there.
He was also an observer at Bikini Atoll. We talked about that. I have heard that conspiracy theory of why Kennedy was killed. Doesn't quite wash. The US government drove Cuba into the arms of the Soviets because of the Sugar Beet lobby.

I think the Mafia likely is just as powerful now, but simply realized less obvious tactics were superior.
These days you can just rig a primary, bribe a few judges, etc.
Instead of alcohol or unions, the Mafia is more likely into oil or defense contracts.
Mmm no, mafia definitely lost a lot of what its hard power was. There's always a criminal syndicate aspect, but in the 1930s the Mob was asked by the US Navy to mobilize the ports for war time...I would argue that JFK was actually pretty intricately related to the Mob through his bootlegging dad and his affiliation within the Navy. It's speculative that the Mob participated in the political spectrum much, but not much of a sretch.

Forum List

Back