Thought Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
"Which is your favorite Major League Baseball Team and who is your all-time favorite player from that team and why?"

I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan having grown up in the 'Burgh and following the Bucs since 1972 so this is easy for me...Roberto Clemente. But Willie Stargell is a very close second.

Stargell was like every Pirate fan's best friend, like a father figure. You could not help but love this guy. This video if you are a Pirates fan will choke you up.

"Which is your favorite Major League Baseball Team and who is your all-time favorite player from that team and why?"

I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan having grown up in the 'Burgh and following the Bucs since 1972 so this is easy for me...Roberto Clemente. But Willie Stargell is a very close second.

Stargell was like every Pirate fan's best friend, like a father figure. You could not help but love this guy. This video if you are a Pirates fan will choke you up.

No Barry Bonds?

Yankees and Ruth

Ruth was the greatest. He was as HOF as a pitcher and a batter. He gave up boring pitching to hit more.

Winning near 100 games and losing less than 50. ...3-0 in WS pitching...A triple and 3 Rbi in those starts......lol

His WAR is almost 200.lol. WAR is the most confusing stat but I judge it a good one

His fielding was about .970 which isn't really impressive. But the last 5 yrs of his career he was way out of shape and was around .900

2 things to consider
1- What if they had the DH then? Could you imagine pitching until his arm wore out and still being able to field and hit and DH...lol

2- Could you imagine if he trained like an athlete of today his whole career........lolol. The medical care of today?
They're paid so much today that extending your career to fumes is very lucrative

Look at these stats and see why

Last edited:

No Barry Bonds?

I was going to say Sosa...lol

No Barry Bonds?

I can't stand Barry Bonds! Neither could the media when he was playing. He's a jerk. Might have been a great player but his personality was low class.

Yankees and Ruth

Ruth was the greatest. He was as HOF as a pitcher and a batter. He gave up boring pitching to hit more.

Winning near 100 games and losing less than 50. ...3-0 in WS pitching...A triple and 3 Rbi in those starts......lol

His WAR is almost 200.lol. WAR is the most confusing stat but I judge it a good one

His fielding was about .970 which isn't really impressive. But the last 5 yrs of his career he was way out of shape and was around .900

2 things to consider
1- What if they had the DH then? Could you imagine pitching until his arm wore out and still being able to field and hit and DH...lol

2- Cold you imagine if he trained like an athlete of today his whole career........lolol. The medical care of today?

He's got my vote the best player ever. No question.

The Miami Marlins when they were still the Florida Marlins and Jeff Conine
1618233641368.png

Yankees and Ruth

2 things to consider

2- Cold you imagine if he trained like an athlete of today his whole career........lolol. The medical care of today?

He's got my vote the best player ever. No question.
It is the pitching greatness that sends him to the moon.along with his homers...lol

I think he even started a few Yankess game for fun and he won them all, I believe.......Edit. 5 starts with the Yankees...5-0....LOLOL..........JC

No Barry Bonds?

Guys......I was only kidding.....lolol......I was going to say Eddie Gazzell (sp)

No Barry Bonds?

Guys......I was only kidding.....lolol......I was going to say Eddie Gazzell (sp)

I think you meant Eddie Gaedel...the only midget ever in baseball...died very tragically
1618237370243.png

No Barry Bonds?

I think you meant Eddie Gaedel...the only midget ever in baseball...died very tragically
View attachment 479142

I knew putting an (sp) got me out of it...lolol

Forum List

Back